Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2   

Reply to this topic

NEW, NEW ENERGY SOLAR
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
NEW IMAGE GROUP LIMITED

Code:
NEW

Website
http://www.newimageasia.com/

Lizard
post Posted: Oct 23 2008, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

AGM speech mentions that first quarter revenue was $17.1m (up 73% - but at least partially due to intervening acquisition) and NPAT was over $2m, with FY revenue forecast to be at least $50m (against $39m for FY08 and $2.2m profit). Profit margins have improved due to changes in exchange rates and a decrease in raw material costs. This looks like an excellent year for NEW, though they may not be a full 30% tax payer yet?

Market cap $39m and about $1m of net debt.

Lizard
post Posted: Aug 3 2008, 07:40 AM
  Quote Post

NEW share price took another step up last week to close at 19cps (from 15cps last week). This is a one year high and up from a low of 9cps one year ago.

Not very liquid, though, as NZX micro-caps go, it could still be called "tradeable". I'm estimating FY profit at $3.5m for a P/E of 12 at current price of 19cps.

(I'm not holding)

Lizard
post Posted: Jul 27 2008, 05:31 PM
  Quote Post

One problem with giving a stock the ticker "NEW" is that it flusters the search engines which mostly ignore common words (try typing NEW into the search function of this or other NZ share forums).

Thought it might be a good time to examine the micro-caps for any signs of value. According to the database I consulted, the number of companies with a market cap under $50m was 66 out of 150 - a massive 44%! Furthermore only 29 of these companies appear to have recorded any sort of profits in the past year.

New Image has certainly made its fair share of mistakes since back-door listing via SEL (Selector Group) in 2004. The purchase of Australian company, Omegatrend, out of administration in 2006 appears to have been one of them - claiming "misrepresentation", New Image soon put Omegatrend back into liquidation, though managed to retain some of the relationships with distributors. It's also been associated with the Australian "weird company of the year debacle", Firepower - apparently manufacturing the very pills Firepower claimed to be selling.

Unfortunately, like many smaller NZ companies, finding a set of recent accounts comes down to calling the company - something I've yet to do. The June 2007 accounts can be retrieved from the companies office web-site, but that is the most recent. Chairman, Graham Clegg, appears to exude some of that new age, dietary quackery that makes me uncomfortable. However, the recent appointment of a former Fonterra senior manager, Max Parkin, on the current board provides a little reassurance.

While New Image results have been weak since listing, the full year 2008 should be a good result. The half year reported a profit of $1.48m and revenues are expected to rise from $25.5m to over $40m. Without access to the half year report, it is difficult to determine whether the improvement has been achieved through improved sales margins, reduced % commissions or reduced corporate costs. The latter may be feasible given the lower cost associated with closure of the Omegatrend head office. If so, a $3-$4m profit (nil tax payable) seems feasible and the market cap of $34m looks good value if historical growth rates can be achieved.

For now, I'm happy to watch this one. Spreads are big, liquidity is low and the Asian market that dominates sales has proved flukey in the past.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING