Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

RMD, RESMED INC
batikit
post Posted: Nov 15 2013, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 15 2013, 01:12 PM

yes i guess it is
but i am a bit worry of the gap after the second bottom...

arty
post Posted: Nov 15 2013, 01:12 PM
  Quote Post

Can this pattern be considered a double bottom?

Attached Image

I'm not holding yet, merely interested as it's entering my Trinity watchlist...

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Jan 31 2013, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

what's the goss? Three days boomtown, and now back to normal?
Couldn't see any announcement that would offer an explanation.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: May 21 2012, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

What's changed
RMD will initiate a quarterly dividend beginning in FY13. The first amount paid will be US17.0 cents per US-listed share for the period ended 1Q13.

For holders of the ASX-listed CDIs, RMD will make an unfranked, A$ payment equivalent to US1.7 cents per CDI. The company does not
expect the dividend payout to affect its ability to repurchase shares, invest in R&D, or make future potential acquisitions.

On CEO succession, the company commented that its acting CEO, Dr. Peter Farrell, will remain in his position until the end of calendar 2013. Both internal and external candidates will be reviewed for the position.

Implications
With a net cash balance of $540mn and free cash flow generation (predividends) of c. $240mn in FY12E, we believe RMD is in a comfortable position to return capital to shareholders via dividends of this magnitude i.e. c. $100mn p.a.

Valuation
Our annual dividend forecasts for FY13E/FY14E are 68cps and 77cps, respectively, which is a yield of 2.1%/2.3%. We maintain our share buyback assumptions. We also take the opportunity to incorporate our Global ECS Research team's new currency forecasts. Accordingly, we make minor EPS changes (c. -1%). On the back of this we raise our P/E-based 12-month price target to A$4.00 from A$3.90. No change to our Buy rating.

Key risks
Downside: Accelerated price deflation through competition or government-led austerity measures, a higher A$.
from GS

not often talked about, and a long slow turn-around (it would bhave been hard to keep the faith) but an Australian success story

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

hungry
post Posted: May 25 2010, 02:46 PM
  Quote Post

Looking like a good short from here.

hungry
post Posted: Jan 20 2010, 09:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Jan 20 2010, 09:03 PM

Hey Mista
6.00 will do me fine for starters. See what transpires when/if it gets there. Plenty prof to be had in a leveraged position with that as a min targ. Hopefully will only take a few days to get there.
Cheers

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mistagear
post Posted: Jan 20 2010, 09:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 20 2010, 08:09 PM

Hi Arty,

Chart does indeed tick all the boxes, don't know how much upside you could reasonably expect though. RMD has managed to hold above current price point only 8 monthly candles since 2005.
Now I'm certainly not one to talk fundamentals, but unless there has been significant value added to the Company recently , then it may be that RMD is close to the top of cycle and therefore not represent good buying.

However, depends entirely on your preferred timeframe

Cheers, Mistagear

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

hungry
post Posted: Jan 20 2010, 08:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 20 2010, 08:09 PM

Already in Arty
Bought em just after open today. Had been watching them since the bottom reversal day on the 6th.
Don't know if all the hype about the new elected republican will make a diff, but they're all ramping it will help health stocks in the US & this one has a big exposure there.
Worth a pun.

This was out before the results were known & well - they did win.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/34943625

arty
post Posted: Jan 20 2010, 08:09 PM
  Quote Post

Coming back into view after today's strong candle.
When I zoom out on the weekly chart, it's interesting that MACD seems to squeeze into the tip of a Bear-Bull Divergence conflict. Which will prevail? No real way of telling just yet - although the recent Trinity FTFF levels have been rising 3 steps up.

Attached Image

On the Daily chart, today's breakout appears to tick all the boxes - except for those that I've overlooked. Somebody will tell me. rolleyes.gif

Attached Image

Not on yet, but will give it some serious consideration tomorrow.

--------------------

hungry
post Posted: Oct 13 2009, 08:33 PM
  Quote Post

Bought it on the 23rd Sep & was stopped out. Have ignored it since then - what a dill wacko.gif

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING