Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

132 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AUD, Australian Dollar Discussion
early birds
post Posted: Feb 8 2019, 10:41 AM
  Quote Post

70.60ish currently and it keeps falling. tongue.gif

if there is no trade deal between USA CHINA , then this thingy can go well below 70cps imho.

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 6 2019, 01:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Feb 6 2019, 12:32 PM

The Australian dollar has taken a dramatic drop in reaction to Reserve Bank governor Phillip Lowe's speech in Sydney today, falling 0.7 per cent from 72.41 US cents to 71.86 US cents in a matter of seconds. Dr Lowe has suggested rates may need to be cut further.

"Looking forward, there are scenarios where the next move in the cash rate is up and
other scenarios where it is down," he said. "Over the past year, the next-move-is-up scenarios were more likely than the next-move-is-down scenarios. Today, the probabilities appear to be more evenly balanced."

Dr Lowe said much would hinge on the strength of the jobs market, with unemployment now at 5 per cent.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Feb 6 2019, 12:32 PM
  Quote Post

RBA said something that knocked AUD down

just got my shorts {i pile it up for a while} in the money.

i'd keep eye on 7150ish, if it falls then open up deep down side to come imho.

early birds
post Posted: Feb 4 2019, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 4 2019, 09:18 AM

CFD's Mick.
there is a lot out there if you are not really take huge position, i meant "huge"-----10's of millions
if you takes position less than a mill then CFD might be the way you go--------cheap and easy. but better way to spread your bets with few of them. imho

for AUD/USD the key level still around 71.50ish. i'm out of money as i shorted it little too early.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 4 2019, 09:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jan 4 2019, 08:26 AM

Yo EB, what trading currency orgs are you using??
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: Jan 4 2019, 08:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 4 2019, 08:18 AM

lucky new year mick and others.
i know you are a shark mick, so what i make might be a pocket money for you... lmaosmiley.gif

to be honest, i made a port then few other stoploss will eat into it, that is the way trader's going.

wait for aud/usd back towards 70.50ish then try to short it again, my plan!!

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 4 2019, 08:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jan 3 2019, 03:37 PM

So EB, how many of these events do we need till you get that rolls??
Maybe a convertible?
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: Jan 3 2019, 03:37 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...nd=premium-asia

Traders are still seeking to piece together what happened just before 9:30 a.m. in Sydney, when orders came to sell Australia’s dollar and Turkey’s lira against the yen. While some pointed to risk aversion triggered by Apple Inc. cutting its sales outlook, others said Japanese retail investors were behind the trades. Whatever the cause, the moves were exacerbated by algorithmic programs and thin liquidity with Japan on holiday.

================

i watched drop and amazed then hit buy button near the low for aud/usd made good and fast profit within 30 minutes. lmaosmiley.gif
rare opportunities , after i have a quick searched news......

but aud/usd ---going to go lower as the pare went down below 70cps, looking at FED and RBA------hmmmm gonna be lower imho!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  triage  nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 4 2018, 09:33 AM
  Quote Post

Following US bond selloff (higher yields) for longer dated paper, and Aussie bonds (spreads) now gapping, the local currency has been hit.

Nice selection of charts here:
https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2018/10/au...t-36-year-lows/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Sep 19 2018, 10:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 18 2018, 03:09 PM

thanks Mick.

if RBA hikes rate sooner then i reckon AUD gonna go a lot lower than it's current level---because RBA 's rate hike would be the "last stroke" to aussie's housing price then the domino will pile on real economy that knocks AUD lower. that is my thoughts only
now the trade war between Sam and china is getting worse that will knock off iron ore and other mining stuff .......

RBA at rock and hard place and they craw to this position themselfs. weirdsmiley.gif

132 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING