Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   

Reply to this topic

BTU, BATHURST RESOURCES LIMITED
macduffy
post Posted: Apr 1 2011, 01:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Mar 23 2011, 10:23 AM

I seem to be talking to myself here but BTU gets a favourable mention here in the NZ Herald.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/ar...jectid=10716260

Meanwhile, the SP continues to firm.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rossaj  

macduffy
post Posted: Mar 23 2011, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Feb 21 2011, 02:50 PM

From the Westport News

http://westportnews.co.nz/monday.pdf

I think it would be likely that we'll see some slippage from the company's forecast of first production by the end of 2011.

macduffy
post Posted: Feb 21 2011, 02:50 PM
  Quote Post

BTU secures Heads of Agreement for access to Westport's port.

Good news, but the biggie is still the awaited environmental approvals.

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110221/pdf/41wx7gfjz8qmq3.pdf

arty
post Posted: Jan 9 2011, 12:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Jan 9 2011, 05:56 AM

Hi Mac - no, the IM came from another Mark.
We go back more than a decade, hence the use of "barstud" as a term of endearment. wink.gif

It's just so, if I'm asked to look at a chart and reckon it might be of interest to more than the one person that asked, I put it out into the open. Further comments welcome, be they pro or con, T/A or F/A or a healthy mix of both.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

macduffy
post Posted: Jan 9 2011, 05:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 8 2011, 04:12 PM

Thanks for that, arty.

I didn't send the IM - as you know - but appreciate your TA view of the stock.

I try to apply FA techniques with an overlay of my novice's understanding of TA. My take at the moment is that BTU's fundamentals are still attractive with the big issue still being gaining the necessary environmental approvals. I'm watching the TA signals for encouraging/warning indications in this regard.

cool.gif

arty
post Posted: Jan 8 2011, 04:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Nov 26 2010, 10:04 AM

Am I the only one here enjoying BTU's run?

Hi Mac,

probably not: I received an IM today, asking what I would do had I bought from 41c and still holding?

In my reply, I covered two aspects:
  1. Had I picked BTU early enough for my Superfund (long-term going by the weekly chart), I'd be long since mid-April and holding; trailing stop would sit around 66c:
    Attached Image

2. Trading it by the Daily chart offered several swing trades inside the long rising channel, the last one entered around 41c (well picked, Mark graduated.gif - why didn't you tell me then? ya old barstud angry.gif )
    now it would be a Hold/ Accumulate while the daily Close doesn't fall Below 72c:
    Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: macduffy  

macduffy
post Posted: Nov 26 2010, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

Am I the only one here enjoying BTU's run?

Here's their presentation to a conference in Auckland today.

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20101126/pdf/31v5bk0bcmzx4k.pdf

Coincides with announcing dual-listing on the NZX.

cool.gif

macduffy
post Posted: Oct 11 2010, 10:11 AM
  Quote Post

The good news continues today with announcements of OIO approval and Crown Minerals consent to the transfer of exploration and mining permits to BTU.

OK, they're pretty much formalities, the big issue will be the environmental approvals. But enough to nudge the SP up another couple of cents!

cool.gif

macduffy
post Posted: Sep 27 2010, 06:32 AM
  Quote Post

Applications for resource consents have been filed.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/4169230/Pl...roject-on-Coast

macduffy
post Posted: Sep 25 2010, 07:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crystal's post @ Sep 24 2010, 12:29 PM

I can relate to that, mick. I'm constantly fighting against the urge to sell my winners for a sure profit and to hang on to my losers in the often vain hope that they will recover.

Just hoping that I can keep BTU while they remain in the current uptrend!

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING