Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

LBT, LBT INNOVATIONS LIMITED
ShareCafe Admin
post Posted: Sep 14 2021, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

Brent Barnes presentation from last Friday's Webinar now up.

Disrupting the clinical microbiology market through AI

Thanks

Admin

ShareCafe Admin
post Posted: Sep 6 2021, 01:33 PM
  Quote Post

CEO / MD Brent Barnes presenting at this Friday's (10/09/21) Hidden Gems Webinar.

Register HERE.

Thanks

Admin

nipper
post Posted: Jul 9 2020, 08:15 PM
  Quote Post

Australian medical technology company LBT Innovations Limited (ASX: LBT) , a leader in medical technology automation using artificial intelligence, has received commitments totalling approximately $8 million, for new fully paid ordinary shares in the Company at 16 cents per share.

Key Points
• $8 million Placement to sophisticated and professional investors
• Beckman Coulter marketing partnership for APAS® announced 7 July 2020 to accelerate sales and scale
• Funds from Placement will be used to support these sales activities in Europe with Beckman Coulter, as well as commercial activities in the United States and ongoing APAS® analysis module development
• New institutional investors to join the register
• Placement funds plus $7.1 million cash at 30 June 2020 provides funding runway into 2022
• A Share Purchase Plan for existing investors targeting $1 million

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 07:39 AM
  Quote Post

LBT Innovations Limited (LBT, formerly LabTech Systems) is a developer of clinical and diagnostic technology, based in Adelaide, South Australia. The Company has product named Automated Plate Assessment System (APAS) in microbiology automation

it gets a mention from the "under the radar" guy
LBT Innovations (LBT)

Next cab off the rank is Adelaide-based LBT Innovations, which has developed an automated ­machine that uses AI to work in pathology laboratories. Its Automated Plate Assessment System platform technology automates culture-plate screening and interpretation, speeding up the process by at least three times that of a manual reading. The technology was developed by LBT in collaboration with the University of Adelaide’s Australian Institute of Machine Learning. In May, the company’s shares spiked after it announced that its 50 per cent-owned joint venture Clever Culture Systems received US FDA approval for LBT’s platform, but it still has a long way to go.

- hasn't really done much in the past 10 years. Bit of a spike in 2017, and again in May. It's a long and winding road.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Cheeki
post Posted: Oct 12 2016, 07:47 AM
  Quote Post

Reference; LBT October 14

Global microbiology market
3.3 billion microbiology tests p.a.
Lab Size Plates Processed Per Day No.Labs
Small <400 per day 15,000
Medium 400-1,000 12,000
Large >1,000 400

LBT September 16
Opportunity
APAS targets small, medium and large laboratories, offering modular approach;
~27,000+ laboratories globally in this target segment.
Looking at the Previ Isola (MicroStreak) revenue model, LBT received licence fees and royalties for each streak per disposable applicator. Revenue to date is $21+ mil. Is APAS in the scheme of things low cost software, high volume royalty clip of the ticket earner much like MicroStreak, that saves manual culture plate reading costs?

My big question and therefore analysis is how much market share can the LBT JV capture, through licensing APAS for the automation of culture plate reading & interpretation and what royalty would they receive for each culture plate read and interpretation.

Being conservative 5% of 3.3 billion microbiology tests p.a. = 165 mil tests. I note that bioMérieux, who licence MicroStreak are 37% of market though, so maybe that is too conservative.

LBT stated in October 15; Manual plate reading costs estimated at $1.2 billion p.a. globally (approx 36.3 cents per manual plate read?, based on 3.3bil tests at $1.2bil cost) and that the global microbiology market is US$8.5bn pa market: (2013) growing at CAGR 6.1%.

I can't see the microbiology labs that the LBT JV will licence the APAS technology to, giving away to much of their savings (increased revenue for them) by using APAS. Not knowing the potential royalty the LBT JV could earn for each culture plate read and interpretation, if you work the numbers on the microbiology labs reducing their costs to 20 cents per plate read, with the use of APAS and that 20 cents going to the LBT JV, the microbiology labs reduce their costs by 45%.

2o cents per APAS read, 5% of the market and 50% of JV revenue equates to $16.5mil for LBT. Obviously this ramps up quickly with more market share, but still very attractive with a current $82mil market cap for LBT.

Beckman Coulter and Thermo Fischer Scientific, both with 11% market share could potentially save $60mil a year (11% x 3.3 billion tests x saving of 16.3 cents per plate read) making a takeover of LBT from either of them feasible. BD has 29% market share and bioMérieux 37% so takeover costs and annual savings are even bigger for them. Maybe LBT is headed for a takeover, as depending on what the microbiology labs have to pay to the LBT JV venture for an APAS read, if it was 20 cents why would you not buy it out.

This wasn't written by me btw

Cheeki
post Posted: Oct 11 2016, 05:06 PM
  Quote Post

They went nuts today

nipper
post Posted: Oct 10 2016, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

Clever Culture Systems AG (CCS), the Swiss based joint venture between Australian medical technology company LBT Innovations Limited (LBT) and Hettich AG (Switzerland) has received clearance of its 510(k) de novo submission to the US Food and Drug Administration for APAS® as a Class II medical device.

APAS® (Automated Plate Assessment System) is a breakthrough artificial intelligence technology for the automated imaging, image analysis, interpretation and reporting of growth on microbiology culture plates after incubation. APAS® enables the faster diagnosis and reporting of infectious diseases.

"The Automated Plate Assessment System enables microbiology labs to diagnose and report infectious diseases much faster than human microbiologists who are analysing culture plates after incubation." "It automates a manual process that a microbiologist does," CEO Brent Barnes said. It consist of a two-part process. The first is an imaging station and the second is "clever" software which is able to determine colony growth on a culture plate in the laboratory. Mr Barnes said the joint venture was in talks with several global diagnostic companies about potential distribution.

--------------------

rozz
post Posted: Jul 18 2016, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rozz's post @ May 29 2014, 02:26 PM

The next CUV.

rozz
post Posted: May 29 2014, 02:26 PM
  Quote Post

Patience the key in Biotech but excellent buying at these levels imo.

Worth doing some research on this one ..

Seems like this one may actually have a future.

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Dec 3 2009, 04:16 PM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

LABTECH SYSTEMS LTD (LBT)

TO:
LBT INNOVATIONS LIMITED (LBT)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING