Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RPM, RPM AUTOMOTIVE LTD
alonso
post Posted: Sep 11 2021, 09:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Aug 4 2021, 02:57 PM

Been in this for a while. It's a well planned expansion imo and won't be too far off till it hits 50c.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

terrine
post Posted: Aug 4 2021, 02:57 PM
  Quote Post

well been on the radar for some time and a bit of weakness recently got me set yesterday.
announced today 2 north queensland franchises are going company for what seems a very reasonable $500k in cash and shares
up 9% today as I post this.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

camaybay
post Posted: Sep 5 2008, 08:15 PM
  Quote Post

To be more cynical about the 1/6, some of the funds will be used to repay an unsecured loan to QGC. At the moment 79.9% ownership of RPM. So the outlay for their shares will be paying off their debt, so the shares will be "at no cost". This is my slant on things , I don't have any info on the respective $ values. But when the 10 day TWA was $5.66 for the TO , why would you believe the contary. mad.gif

Cheers

Gazza342
post Posted: Sep 5 2008, 06:21 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: bermuda on Friday 05/09/08 08:31am

[/QUOTE]The RPM 1 for 6 is a clever little ruse to not only get some dough to test the CSG in PL171 but also shake out some more RPM sellers to QGC. [QUOTE]
Not only that, the snall guys will be further diluted,as we all know in any cash issue there are usually a large number of small holders who never take up their entitlements, especially as the price has been set without any discount to the market price this is likely to be even lower.

What will be the price the minorities can expect to receive in a compusory acquistion, as the bid is part script based what is the logical price tahy would need to pay a) the price at the time of launching the bid b) the most recent price or what???

Also, does the cash issue at 18c effectively set a floor price for a compulsory acquisition?

bermuda
post Posted: Sep 5 2008, 08:31 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: pheonix on Friday 05/09/08 12:19am

This is only a thought but I worry that BG's interest in QGC is under threat. The authorities have already stated that if BG's bid for Origin is successful then BG will have to unravel themselves from QGC. This could be one of the reasons why QGC is falling. And of course as QGC falls the BOW offer for RPM looks better...that is until BOW gets sort of 'manipulated' lower. Quite fascinating to see them fall in Tandem.

The RPM 1 for 6 is a clever little ruse to not only get some dough to test the CSG in PL171 but also shake out some more RPM sellers to QGC.

MrDevine
post Posted: Sep 5 2008, 07:29 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: pheonix on Friday 05/09/08 12:19am

Would you be surprised if QGC accepted BOW's offer? They'd then own 55% of BOW.

I brought BOW on market yesterday with cash component of QGC offer. Yes QGC shareprice has tanked since then, however BOW's SP has been doing the same. All sectors struggling ATM.

Mr D.

pheonix
post Posted: Sep 5 2008, 12:19 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: nutech on Thursday 04/09/08 04:31pm

Nutech
QGC are at 79.64%. RPM board would be taking their orders from QGC. So what ever RPM do at this stage is with agreement or direction from QGC. I do not know why RPM are doing the 1:6

To get over 80% QGC just have to buy 100,000 shares on market. So its not that.
I think they want to get to 90% where i believe they can compulsorily acquire the remaining 10%.

BOW has 20m (8%) shares so there are still 32m shares out there with punters.

QGC needs those 32m shares. Not sure how the 1:6 offer helps them. The recent days QGC sp has made their takeover offer far less attractive compared to BOW.
wacko.gif

nutech
post Posted: Sep 4 2008, 04:31 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: bermuda on Wednesday 20/08/08 09:18am

Hi All. Can anyone tell me what RPM is doing running a 1 for 6 placement when they have just sold out to QGC??? I am at a loss. Who is running RPM now?? is it the same rubble that just sold their shares with no consideration to the advantages of the BOW deal.
Cheers icon14.gif

bermuda
post Posted: Aug 20 2008, 09:18 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: MrDevine on Tuesday 19/08/08 09:00pm

Mr D,
You will get your pack shortly. This whole saga has had a toll on BOW's price. QGC have insured their bid for RPM appears better nothwithstanding the recent problems they have had with their partner BG. So as QGC's SP goes down so must BOW's. We cant have the BOW offer looking better can we?...not when you are dealing with a heavyweight such as Cottee and QGC. So the BOW offer will give you much more leverage once this RPM mess has got sorted. BOW's Canaway and Cushinier improvement will get recognised.

Re Hubbard and Churcher, I am not entirely sure but the recent unconditional offer from BOW still shows them going with BOW. This info is in their latest 85 page document.See pages 34 and 73 for my, and Hubbard and Churcher's commitment.

Good to see Origin holding out for the true worth of their CSG assets. I wonder what the SHG trading halt is all about.?

MrDevine
post Posted: Aug 19 2008, 09:00 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: MrDevine on Monday 18/08/08 05:02pm

Bermuda, I don't know if this is the right call, I'm a gold fish compared to your investment here. But for small players, where is my acceptance pack from BOW? I haven't received one yet. BOW want the big holders.

I do think QGC might want to do a backdoor deal into the BOW offer who knows.

Why did Hubbard want to back out of BOW deal?

Intersting times tho.

mr D..

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING