Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

New Phishing Scam - Telstra CDMA upgrade
mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 14 2020, 11:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Apr 14 2020, 11:32 AM

I responded and asked them to donate my share to the WHO.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

henrietta
post Posted: Apr 14 2020, 11:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 14 2020, 11:01 AM

Dear Ben and Tobias

Thank you so much ..............................

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 14 2020, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

got this scam in email today.
Didn't take long for the Nigerians to take advantage of the Covid 19
Mick

UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION COMMISSION
United Nations Organization
UNCC Secretariat.
Date: 2020/04/09
Good Day
REGISTERED CLAIM NR: 5678IM
PAYMENT OF US$ 1,900,000 .00 (One Million, Nine Hundred Thousand United States Dollars)
Geneva Summit for Human Rights and Democracy 18 Feb 2020 (UN Information Service) -- The United Nations
Compensation Commission has made available a total of $199,164,829.35 to 14 governments for distribution to 32,859
successful beneficiaries.
Payment is being made in respect of 139 claims in category “A” (claims of individuals for departure from Kuwait or Iraq),
31,880 claims in category “C” (claims of individuals for damages up to $100,000), including 31,715 “Bedouin” claims, 785
claims in category “D” (claims of individuals, both victims of fraud and various cases of Local and International scams
and for damages above $100,000), 41 claims in category “E” (claims of corporations, other private legal entities and public
sector enterprises) and 14 claims in category “F” (claims of governments and international organizations).
This payment is being made in accordance with the Governing Councils decision 227, which extended the temporary
payment mechanism set out by the Governing Council in its decision 197, under which up to $200 million from the
Compensation Fund will be made available for the payment of claims every quarter. In the present round of payment, all
newly approved claims, i.e., claims approved for payment at the fifty-sixth session, will receive $1.9 million or the principal
amount of the award, if less. Additional funds will be disbursed to the claimants whose claims were approved from the fortyeighth to the fifty-fifth sessions, also bringing the total payment to each of them up to a maximum of $1.9 million. In order to
fully disburse the available funds, the claims will be paid up to $2 million, depending on the order in which they have been
approved.
Based on our latest investigation we have realized that the corruption in various arms of the government in many countries
has made it impossible for the circulation of these funds to reach the less privileged and delegated NGOs, in our quest to
curb this corruption we resulted to using individual beneficiaries and private companies, who are selected to be our
beneficiary.
Our private beneficiaries would receive the above funds and choose two local based NGOs (less privileged homes) of their
choice to donate 60% of the amount and keep 40% as a compensation from the UN.
A UN Debit MasterCard has been pre-approved with the amount of US$ 1,900,000 .00 (One Million, Nine Hundred
Thousand United States Dollars) and it would be fully activated and sent to your designated address via speed courier
service if you accept to act as our private beneficiary.
Upon full activation of the UN Debit MasterCard, you would be able to make ATM withdrawal and transfers of the funds.
If you accept our preposition, then you can contact the below appointed officer for full activation of your Debit Card and
further directives.
Officer: Mr. Benjamin Sesay
Tel: +357 22 052558
Email: uncc@swissmail.com
Thank you and best regards
Tobias Adrian (Financial Counsel

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  

nipper
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 9 2020, 04:01 PM

thanks for that Mick.
I have one of those 'too good to be true' offers sitting around. Bin liner material. I like to control my own affairs. Didn't think their product range was out of the ordinary, nor cheap.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 04:01 PM
  Quote Post

Found a nice new scam this week.
Someone gave me a $100 wine voucher for naked wines.
I went on their web site to cash it in, and picked out a case of wine that with the discounts would cost me $84.
Started getting emails from the company congratulating me on becoming a Naked wines angel, with the details about how responsible they would be with the $40 they would be taking out of my credit card every month.
Woa, says I , I didn't sign up for this.
It seems that if you choose certain case lots, you automatically become an angel.
I did not see anywhere on the web site that I had accepted being an angel.
Had a fun call to some consultant, telling him what I was going to do if anything other than the agreed payment was taken out.
Had a look at consumer affairs, it seems I am not the first person to be sucked in by this scam.

Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2016, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jul 20 2016, 10:19 AM

Build and they will come

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

alonso
post Posted: Jul 20 2016, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 19 2016, 05:47 PM

This has got to be a joke. Do these people even realise they don't speak English?

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 19 2016, 05:47 PM
  Quote Post

Got this gem of an email today.

Subject: Job offer
Date: 19 July 2016 at 18:56:25 AEST
To:
Reply-To: HR manager <briantforhan@yahoo.com>

Good day. It is currency exchange company. We bought your email at Internet service. We are sorry for sudden letter but we urgently need the wage-earners. The obligation of wage-earners is accept cash or noncash money from our company and deliver them to clientage. If you want to try in this vacancy, write us please - Your age
- City where you live
With these information we will determine, if you match for our company or not. If you are interested, write us please. We are sorry if we've disturbed you in vain
Sincerely,
Currency exchange company

Was going to play along for a while, but then thought the better of it.
Those Russians can turn quite nasty.
Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  early birds  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 5 2015, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

Not really a phising scam, but it is kinda Telstra related.
Got a Text this morning on my Telstra Iphone from Sydney Design School
telling me about an open day on Nov 14th.
gave a web site to register.
As I have no artistic ability nor desire to attain such, I do not know why I was targteted or how they got my number.
Just in case I did a search online to see what was said about it.
One of the sites whirlpool
has a series of damning comments about the school being a ripoff.
There are a couple of positive posts on the school, but both of them from first time posters.
The resident interior design folks very quickly labelled them as rampers from the promoters of the school.
Makes for some fun reading.
I rang the school and said if I received anymore unwanted text messages I would be travelling up to Sydney to personally tatoo the words
"do not contact" and my phone number on the arse of the CEO.

Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

grevillia
post Posted: Dec 9 2011, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 8 2011, 01:49 PM

When you get a call about your computer, it is best to say "I don't have a computer".

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING