Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Executive Remuneration & Corporate Governance
Your Shareholder Rights
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 29 2019, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

perhaps if these directors and executives had spent less time on virtue signalling to the latest social issues, and a little more time monitoring their business processes, they would be a little less likely to find themselves in these situations.
And as usual, it will be shareholders who pay the price for the activities of these inflated egos.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Nov 29 2019, 09:13 AM
  Quote Post

Westpac is in a pickle
the .... complex, divisive and sometimes fraught relationship between the market and proxy firms.

Depending on who you talk to, and the specific circumstances around an individual company, proxy advisers can be portrayed as all-knowing or completely detached from commercial logic, deeply influential or largely irrelevant, activist pests or righteous crusaders.

In recent years, directors have regularly warned against their growing power – but funnily enough, these warnings almost always seem to come from companies where there is some of governance controversy or an underperformance issue.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Oct 29 2011, 08:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Oct 27 2011, 03:17 PM

A view expressed today.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/c...3-1226179957662

Sevior backs executive two-strikes pay rule
BY: JAMES FROST From: The Australian October 29, 2011

Cheers
J

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Oct 27 2011, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

Pacific Brands have already fallen to the new "two strikes" legislation while Watpac and GUD are on strike one. It's clear that shareholders are taking it seriously, but are company directors? Do you think that "two strikes" goes far enough or should shareholders have a greater say on executive remuneration? Post your thoughts and take the ShareScene poll.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING