Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSR, CSR LIMITED
prakashd3000
post Posted: May 2 2012, 09:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ May 2 2012, 07:47 AM

I bought into CSR because I thought it was a fundamentally good company. I do not understand charts. I get the impression you do. Please let me know if you have any information to share. Thanks

batikit
post Posted: May 2 2012, 07:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: prakashd3000's post @ Feb 29 2012, 02:26 PM

Does this one look like a break out ?

The resistance line is quite consistent + positive divergence and vol increasing. Yesterday's candle might indicate reversal but overall the chart looks good ...

I bought some at $1.77 , let's see .....
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

prakashd3000
post Posted: Feb 29 2012, 02:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 22 2012, 01:00 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your thoughts. Stuck with a huge parcel bought at around $ 3.55-$3.60. Will try and get out at a rise.

nipper
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 01:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Feb 22 2012, 12:57 PM

not quite eb

after the split and reconfiguring, it was $3.50 a year ago . and has been sold down steadily, since

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: prakashd3000's post @ Feb 22 2012, 12:26 PM

CSR price has dived from $3.60 to $ 1.90. Anyone have thoughts on this share
===============

what do you mean "dived"?? far as i know it had a spliting and sold a part to chinese during that time.

it is a dead duck stock though!

nipper
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 12:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: prakashd3000's post @ Feb 22 2012, 12:26 PM

CSR - a short sellers paradise. Poorly performing assets, overpaid for Pilkington, sluggish growth in Buildings, aluminium also hitting headwinds ... and very very slim likelihood of a takeover because of asbestos liabilities

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

prakashd3000
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 12:26 PM
  Quote Post

CSR price has dived from $3.60 to $ 1.90. Anyone have thoughts on this share?

plastic
post Posted: Feb 4 2010, 11:55 AM
  Quote Post

I bet this guy is sniffing around CSR. May even be involved already. CSR, Carter Holt Harvey and FBU all have aligned, I mean, competing interests. And in other areas so does Visy.

Surely, all these synergies can be combined somehow.

Hart tight-lipped on sale reports

Last updated 13:27 04/02/2010
New Zealand's richest man, Graeme Hart, is not commenting on reports he is considering selling part or all of the global packaging business he has built up. The Australian Financial Review reported yesterday that Mr Hart's wholly-owned Rank Group may consider a $A8 billion ($NZ10 billion) overseas sharemarket float or trade sale this year.

The Business Herald reported today that the sale would comprise a small portion of Mr Hart's packaging empire in the Northern Hemisphere.

Rank Group has built up a global packaging business since it took over New Zealand's Carter Hold Harvey.

Rank wholly owns Beverage Packaging Holdings Group, which is based in Europe. The company's 2008 annual report said it had 19 percent of the global aseptic beverage carton market behind Tetra Pak with 80 percent.

The market share is higher in traditional markets as the company did not historically compete in every country. In 2007 its market share in Europe was 27 percent.

Rank Group also owns Reynolds Consumer, a leading supplier of aluminium foil, plastic wraps and bags in the US. It has a closures business that is the leading global supplier of plastic closures for beverage packages.

Mr Hart's strategy is typically to build businesses with number one or two market positions, control costs, focus on core strengths and maximise cash flows.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Grebmoolb  

plastic
post Posted: Feb 3 2010, 06:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Feb 3 2010, 03:45 PM

Maybe its a cornerstone in a JV subsidiary.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

moosey
post Posted: Feb 3 2010, 03:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Feb 3 2010, 03:10 PM

If the court won't allow the demerger then I also doubt whether they would allow the takeover by Bright Food Group, for exactly the same reasons put forward? where to from here?

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING