Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

SVL, SILVER MINES LIMITED
flower
post Posted: Aug 19 2013, 12:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 19 2013, 11:49 AM

Check out Bergen's Opportunistic involvement: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01434771

Didn't check out the agenda for the extraordinary general meeting

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Aug 19 2013, 11:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Aug 19 2013, 11:32 AM

"no news" icon14.gif
Check out Bergen's Opportunistic involvement: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01434771

... and don't be fooled by a couple of Crossings at 2.7c; vwap is 2.3c

That aside though, I did buy the earlier break and am still holding a small speccie position.

Attached Image

Emphasis on speccie

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

Mookie
post Posted: Aug 19 2013, 11:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Aug 19 2013, 11:32 AM

Interestingly I read that silver is up 25% or more from it's lows and is now in a bull market.

flower
post Posted: Aug 19 2013, 11:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 28 2013, 07:07 PM

The price slump of silver hasn't done SVL any favours:

The boys are hopping into this today--up 35% already on the back of no news?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Apr 28 2013, 07:07 PM
  Quote Post

The price slump of silver hasn't done SVL any favours:

Attached Image

But as spot silver prices look like recovering, SVL should follow. Recent buying at the Lows seems to support that theory/ hope. I'd be happy if SVL traded back up into the range it was in late last year: 5 - 5.5c would do me.

Attached Image

Disclosure: I hold already.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Feb 26 2013, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jutawan's post @ Feb 26 2013, 02:32 PM

They're in a Trading Halt, pending an announcement of some fund raising.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01385466

All going to plan, they'll probably resume trading tomorrow.

--------------------

jutawan
post Posted: Feb 26 2013, 02:32 PM
  Quote Post

Anyone got any ideas about what's happening with Silver Mines Ltd (SVL)?

jutawan
post Posted: Jan 30 2013, 03:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 30 2013, 11:02 AM

I'm staying with my SVL shares - I believe they will rise in the hopefully not too distant future. Sold my SAR at a small but worthwhile profit. Am now holding some Beach Energy ( BPT ).

arty
post Posted: Jan 30 2013, 11:02 AM
  Quote Post

SVL has been range-bound for many months now, offering not much apart from a few swing trades.
From that, I'm still holding a fair position that will come in handy if the sp manages to break out of the highlighted range.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

jutawan
post Posted: Nov 10 2012, 02:51 PM
  Quote Post

I bought gold shares (SAR) and silver (SVL). Gold is up a little on what I paid and silver is down on what I paid. If I sold both I would break even. Then what would I put my money into ? Guess I will just wait and see if the pundits are correct in their predictions.

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING