Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

321 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

General Moderator Discussion
moosey
post Posted: Jan 24 2009, 08:31 AM
  Quote Post

just testing something!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

jbeatty
post Posted: Jan 23 2009, 08:50 PM
  Quote Post

Update: That login problem seems to have vanished, but I still can't delete posts.

Also: Is there a way of bringing up a searchable members list?

Cheers.

--------------------
regards: jbeatty

jbeatty
post Posted: Jan 23 2009, 01:38 PM
  Quote Post

Sorry Matt, my sat system failed - been on the line to tech support all day.

I have had to login three times today, including just now when I revisited Sharescene, having been offline for a few hours with the above problems.

I haven't cleared cookies in all that time but it seems I am being logged out at some point after leaving the site.

I can't see a "keep me logged in--" option, just a "remember me--" which I have ticked.

--------------------

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jan 23 2009, 10:37 AM
  Quote Post

"and I have to relogin at regular intervals."

More details please.

jbeatty
post Posted: Jan 23 2009, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

Matt:

I have noticed two problems this morning, an inability to delete posts ("you are denied permission- etc") and I have to relogin at regular intervals.

Cheers!

--------------------

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:53 AM
  Quote Post

Hi jbeatty,

Late night, site came online at 2am. All looks good, odd issue we are fixing as we go by the weekend (knock on wood) everything should be 98-99% working as we want.

Lots and lots of I can't remember my password... even thou we PM'ed everyone in Dec to change them if they can't remember

Cheers
Matt

jbeatty
post Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

Guys: Just test posting.

I trust everyone has survived the festive season (and the ongoing economic crisis) so far.

Lets hope the market bounces sooner rather than later, but I fear it will be much later. stun.gif

The new layout is pretty snappy.

--------------------

mminion
post Posted: Aug 7 2008, 05:08 PM
  Quote Post

Hi Guys

If you haven't guessed already Geoff / myself have been busy on other projects

If you want to look at what we have been up to have a look at:

http://www.ecolivingscene.com.au

Cheers
Matt

--------------------
Don't stall a plane

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Thursday 17/07/08 04:33pm

I know there is a sleeper… but the solution there is ban EVERYONE from two states in the US.

As to listing reasons, it just doesn't work on a number of levels.

~ They won't care. It's about the sexier story…. Being banned for viewpoint just sounds better
~ They know you can't really show proof…. Privacy Laws don't allow it, no proof means they claim it's viewpoint based and the reason is just a "cover up"
~ It's one post, It gets buried quickly and forgotten.

What do you call two people yelling at each other ? A fight
What do you call a person yelling at no one ? A nut

It's that simple, I've learnt a lot over the past couple of years of running ShareScene (I saw John from TopStocks learn the hard way this week but that's another story)… Don't engage with a nut, you will never win. They will yell for a while but sooner or later they will get bored and give up. It's so temping to try and set the record straight but all you do is make the issue interesting again and the nut will come back.

I don't care if they have access to ShareScene, neither should you… they can copy/paste posts all they like but if no one engages with them they will get bored and give up.

It's hard to believe, but trust me I know how these people think.... it's been my life for the last 4 years.

Cheers
Matt

moosey
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 05:03 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ShareScene.com on Thursday 17/07/08 05:38pm

Yes I will do that Matt, but you need to remember that some of those that were banned are still spruiking on the other site that they still have access to SS and they say they can post anytime they like? and they do seem to have someone who perhaps has a sleeper ID? (someone who doesn't post ) as they often quote what is written here, I don't believe they will stop Matt, and I really don't see any way of stopping them from doing so, perhaps it should be made known to one and all why they were banned and by whom on the thread concerned especially if it wasn't a moderator?
I have very seriously thought of giving up as a moderator, but that would only mean that they would then come back with something like "we got moosey booted as a moderator" I won't give them that satisfaction, not just yet anyway! but I do feel uncomfortable as being labled the culprit all the time, when someone is booted , I wouldn't mind if it had been me! as I have nothing to hide, and I would be quite prepared to wear any critisism for that, they should be told why they were banned, perhaps they were? but they won't come out and say as much, that wouldn't do their profile any good would it?

Cheers Gary

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

321 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING