Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1572 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
early birds
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 04:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Sep 7 2018, 04:37 PM

it's Friday, and most of shorts will be covered by those "pro" traders whom know how to play market on both ways

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 04:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 7 2018, 04:32 PM

$xjo a relief swing, maybe a few more + points overnight if the US gets a jee up
certainly looks like the corrective move south is incomplete daily basis
if honkers retakes todays opening high at 27186 front month connie then my longs will be in a for nice runbut not holding my breath on it

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

nipper
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 04:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Sep 7 2018, 03:12 PM

Yep, unlike
the gambler's fallacy, which makes us absolutely certain that, if a coin has landed heads up five times in a row, it's more likely to land tails up the sixth time; in fact, the odds are still 50-50,
I am of the conviction that, after seven down days, the chances of a rebound get more and more likely

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 7 2018, 12:15 PM

there ya go, nipper wink.gif
more like an insultive limp than an impulsive bid
and on the day when Bert Reynolds drove his pontiac into the ether ......what has the world come to ?

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 01:52 PM
  Quote Post

having had my risk sizing tested (a win on that at least!)BTO $hsi 26660's for the swing low .......other than pinch-hits i'm a tad clueless what the index is trying to achieve
#babystepsSparks

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Sep 7 2018, 10:57 AM

time for a bounce
....you'd hope so.
.....- I am (don't like the slow drip from a thousand cuts)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 11:28 AM
  Quote Post

honkers overnight implied cash got down to 26756 ....do or die time for longs $hsi

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 7 2018, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

at 6102, from 6372, low in the cash this morning, the xjo has travelled 270 points in 7 sessions
time for a bounce

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 6 2018, 03:25 PM
  Quote Post

$hsi still keen on the upside unless this basis falls to bits ....
#hangingmyhat
Attached Image

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 5 2018, 04:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 5 2018, 03:55 PM

had a few points in the futes opening lift but then spent the whole sesh bidding a sell wacko.gif at least i'm holding sells on xjo looking for a close tonight

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

1572 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING