Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2   

Reply to this topic

ShareScene needs your help, to keep ShareScene free
henrietta
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 3 2017, 01:34 PM

Well done nipper.

Have appreciated your posts for years, and always wondered how you had time to do all the research that you did.
Enjoy your retirement, and with luck I might see you in the great Australian outdoors. Do you have a large claw ?

Thanks again for your huge input.

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

Um, .............. I've been on SS for a while, and my activity picked up after the demise of a couple of other forums, namely Ten Bags Full and, prior to that, SharesGuru. As a aside, I have never felt that I needed to go on HotCopper, though it would be fair comment, I suspect, that if a few contributors on SS migrated to HC, it would be win-win as that might well lift the average level of input on BOTH boards. smile.gif

That said, I've used the boards to suit me, as a receptacle for ideas and information that was easily accessible later on, both personally and for work. Which brings me to the point that I'm retiring today and heading off, to the bush, OS, anywhere. And this will mean I won't have access to a lot of the info that passes through and that I've utilised in my job.

I suspect my interest level will drop, I've dumbed down (possibly even de-risked, to some extent) personal and SMSF portfolios; I'll still drop in and put the occasional thing up but SS isn't going to be open on the desk top on a daily basis, any more.

As the thread title indicates, this site is free and thus dependent on advertising, so if you want it to keep going, plug away. Don't be shy; it's all grist to the mill (...there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers <but a lot of dumb stocks> ).

Chow for niao

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  mme  triage  arty  blacksheep  cooderman  early birds  

sirob
post Posted: Feb 23 2012, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

Good to see sharescene has attracted another advertiser with Strawberry Road on board, I assume they are an new addition as I have not noticed them on this site before. My wife buys from them, they are very efficient, easy ordering and tracking system, good service.

datum
post Posted: Mar 16 2006, 12:04 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ADMIN1 on Wednesday 15/03/06 02:47pm

im already with CMC , it was one of first on the market with this product
a couple of years ago ,although the competition is hot on their heels at the moment.

bought catherine daveys first book , which was a "cfd for dummies" type book
it explained the product quite well if your starting out in CFDs & would recommend
it before getting her second book

--------------------
This is not a bottom draw stock. This is a stock you take to the grave with you.

ADMIN1
post Posted: Mar 15 2006, 01:47 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks to those who have signed up on these sites and supported ShareScene in doing so.

But we need more help. If you havn't done so yet, please check out the message below. We would really appreciate your help.

Geoff

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

ADMIN1
post Posted: Mar 14 2006, 08:24 PM
  Quote Post

To all members,

ShareScene is financially made possible by our advertisers and our sponsors. It takes a team of full time and part time employees to run and manage ShareScene, and this doesn't come cheap.

We really need everyone's support to keep ShareScene a free service. All we ask is that you take an active role in visiting and supporting our sponsors.

-----------

If you appreciate ShareScene and want to keep seeing it grow in quality, size and features, visit one of the links below and register. They are both free and have no obligations at all.

A. Cat Davey (Author of "Making Money From CFD Trading") FREE National CFD Seminars
B. CMC Markets Online CFD Eduation Centre (tutorials, traders bios, links)

If we can get a good enough response for our CFD Month Sponsor, we will be able to afford to pay the bills and soon launch two very exciting new features free to all ShareScene members.

ShareScene needs your support, so please make the effort by choosing one of the links above.

Regards to all members,

Geoffrey

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING