Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

832 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

The top of this cycle for ASX200, cash is king ?
Mork
post Posted: Jul 1 2019, 11:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Jul 1 2019, 09:21 AM

This was the cartoon about trump's complete indifference to all the loss of life he is encouraging.
The canadian artist apparently lost his job after publishing.
Attached File  D_APaqAXYAAAnVy.jpg ( 346.4K ) Number of downloads: 4

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  tombeet  triage  indeficit  

kahuna1
post Posted: Jul 1 2019, 09:21 AM
  Quote Post

I am at a loss for words.

Yemen, 300,000 likely die this year.
Systematic genocide in place and fully supported.

I pray for our brave soldiers who well ... follow orders. Gallipoli was fun being landed on a cliff face instead of gently sloping rise ... they fought with dignity and distinction, so too many places ,,,, Rats of Tobruk ... Kokoda and 70 other places

Lest we forget ...
Our leaders, to be blunt ... following as always .... our darkest death march and Burma railway line whilst being starved was ... inhumane.... and close to an extermination camp

Yemen compares. Even Obama stopped selling weapons briefly to Saudi Arabia

Not Trump .///

Genocide .... its just business ...... nothing personal.
300,000 this year .... 1 million next.

Even Trumps senate tried stopping sales ... he Vetoed the senate. I kid you not.

Trumps motto ... now the idiot is running the show ....

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: tombeet  indeficit  

kahuna1
post Posted: Jun 26 2019, 05:00 PM
  Quote Post

I was going to post a China link.

I note it, and several others very strong worded stories against the USA have disappeared from the party English web site pre G20. Unknown as to why.

Replacement is a high brow, but just as insulting view of USA v rest of the world. From one doctrine to the Woodrow Wilson 14 points to the FDR 4 points. The latter saved the depression, the former, led to WW1 leading to WW2. The other doctrine which declared USA could do what it wanted and South and Central America were its, well, still in some ways in force, in others, most give the USA lip service post 1980.

G20 and China can go a lot of ways, one being Iran and its oil still flows, China plays good puppet and some sham treaty whilst they as always persue their own nations interests.

That these hard line articles that only appear with party approval are gone, I was disturbed as they echoed my own shared views almost word for word.

That even Donald could understand them, verses the veiled and tongue in cheek ones that replace them which are, for any student of history even more insulting as to Colonial treatment of sub human species is amusing and one likely lost on Trump. FDR for example and his views somewhat left saved the world, Trump is far right and Wilsons actions post WW1 were a disaster especially the repatriations demanded of Germany of 250 billion Marks in 1918 which was a quadrillion in today's dollars.

I note, with dismay, and a new record in stupidity, Trump in the White house imposed sanctions on a dead person. The religious leader Ayatollah Khomeini died in 1989. HE in states where religion is intermingled with goverment was first and foremost the religious leader.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhollah_Khomeini

So also doing the same to the current religious leader and restricting his assets and movements, well ... it is what it is.

Again on twitter ... he makes more allegations which, factually in this case are not true.

To end this, and it will either blow over, or as Trump threatened again to obliterate them, one way or the other.

What is in shreds is Global trade.
Global trust in trade and this is not Iran but all nations.
Any deal, even supervised to restrict Arms, will be ignored even with inspectors on the ground.
Any military alliance, or trade alliance, or friendship will be torn up. Canada or Mexico or 27EU nations and Japan and on and on it goes.

My assessment of impacts, likely sooner rather than latter, on trade and geo political issues is start and scary.

If one said to me, world leaders, would be threatening invasion or obliteration via twitter 5 years ago, I would have called the person insane. Yet we have a call to overthrow Venezuela and North Korea will be eradicated and so too Iran. One calls the other a name and the other, calls the person a retard overnight.

World leaders. One nuclear power to a lessor nuclear power in one case, the other, well, A snapping alligator turtle without nuclear, no hope of getting it, till some idiot tore up the deal, but a nation and an ancient one, insulted, threatened and expected to negotiate ?

I note, the 16th ? Allegation of sexual stuff, not even headlines some USA networks, the woman, alleges Trump raped her and describes something in graphic and alarming detail. Trump, responds, she is not my type and he did not do it. End of reporting on the topic. Amazing, the consensual Monicia incident, whilst a vast disparity of power, was in fact consensual and still to this day, he brings it up. All of the 16, even ones now able to reveal being paid off, with bank records, I am amazed how things change. Then again how similar they are to times in other nations under various regimes.

Take care
Mark K

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: tombeet  indeficit  rog  

kahuna1
post Posted: Jun 26 2019, 07:12 AM
  Quote Post

I am in disbelief.

My opinion, is as always irrelevant.
I wish you to view the President of the USA admitting he is fully aware of Yemen and the Genocide there.

Him speaking, clearly I think acknowledging Saudi will be dropped if ever its a choice of Israel or Saudi ... and well its for $400- billion arm sales which he describes as ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSBwVx5Ih0...dex=28&t=0s

I know, my values, as a human and expectations are not shared by many. Only the whole EU and 400 million people, but only one person, President, and group of Oligarchy Industrial War one matters. Oh and Oil and gas interests .... suits them for a higher price. What is a skull cave in Yemen anyhow !! Wish we could send them to Cambodia during Pol Pots regime for re=education and plastic bag treatment.

Over the years, with a deep love of Americans and a deep dislike of its now leaders and their treatment of the USA people, the ones outside the top 1% but the lower 70% who are worse off than 1970. live shorter lives than even Sudanese, this, well ... takes the cake.

Any rational non religious view on this, other perspective appreciated. When speaking to someone who had visited some extermination camps in Germany and told one could still 75 years latter smell the human fat in the ovens where they burnt the bodies, my perspective, is somewhat clouded when a genocide, a well documented one, with full knowledge of the USA and its president is now accepted ?

I might add, Iran and its enduring 350 WMD attacks in the 1980-88 period, Nerve agents, and gas and so on, a mere 100,000- of the 500,000 Iran lost, again, we are not far removed from the tree's.

Governments are never perfect, at times appearing to be cruel and with limited resources its at times accepting this, and moving on. Sadly. for the vast majority of USA people, what once was great and make no mistake they are good people, their needs, wishes and desires resembles the hopes and aspirations of people under Pol Pot or Idi Amin. Healthcare and life expectancy for 200 million plus instead of rising 15 years post 1970 is lower, lower than then.

As to foreign policy I am agog, and any non religious view of this, which is associated with economics and likely impacts and only course of action for 27 EU nations and Japan and many others, yep China and India and basically the rest of the World minus USA.

That USA stood by under Regan as WMD.s were used and they supported as did the UK ... in 1980-88 is sadly nothing new in the last 100 years. Suggesting that in 1940, the fate of the Jewish people was not known, is painful to remember, but until late 1941 and Anne Franks father was desperate to go to the USA and did get a visa, only to be cancelled, is the extreme isolationist and barely covered racial ideals of USA in the 1930's .

I am lost on this one, other than economically China has little choice but to protect its own interests as does Iran when you know if allowed, 8 or so nations will exterminate you, and no one will lift a finger, even at the UN.

Meanwhile rah rah rah ... stocks at all time highs, tax paid at all time lows, in fact 25% of 1990 tax for corporate in the USA. Meanwhile, loosing 15 years of life for 200 million people, 3 billion years or 40 million total lives of 75 years, and its falling in the USA. Of course the top 30% are at world high life expectations. Meanwhile China went from 41 years life expectancy to 76 years. Oh and 650 million peasants have very decent middle class lives with more wealth than the bottom 80% of USA times 5 !!

I will add another thing possibly tomorrow. Reluctant to say more as you will see.
I am lost on where many things are other than to say, Google and Microsoft and many others are not having any future in China, India and likely the whole Eu after recent acts of the last few weeks. One cannot ... remove operating systems and barr things and even block deliveries. It renders any technology a mere pile of plastic and wires and if its a plane, like those ones that had the computer glitch, you crash..

Risk will do what it will ... I take the exit as always when things are NOT crashing but happy to do so now, even if possibly missing the last extinction burst of 5% on the USA possibly to 3,150 so 8%. All time highs .... music for the exit and well given the backdrop, thankful of the strength.

Take care
Mark K

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  kiril  tombeet  myshares  indeficit  rog  Livas1  

kahuna1
post Posted: Jun 24 2019, 05:48 PM
  Quote Post

Trump over the past few years touted his "America First energy policy" with an effort to boost LNG exports. A clean energy revolution is taking place across the US, which is seeking buyers for its surplus energy.

If the US succeeds in driving Iranian oil exports to zero, or the energy transmission networks in the Middle East suffer a blow from a possible war between the US and Iran, China may have to reduce its dependence on energy exports from the Middle East, especially Iran, and reconsider buying US energy products. That is perhaps exactly what the US wants to see.

Even if China's energy imports from Iran are cut off, China will be very cautious about turning to US sources. The ongoing trade war has made it increasingly urgent for China to cut the links between its energy sector and those in the US. China must reduce its dependence on US energy to safeguard its energy security, which is always a matter of national security.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1155418.shtml

Chinese party paper TODAY ..... after my view and opinion ...
Yemen ...
Same people .... USA and UK supported and Australia as WELL >...

More than 22 million people out of a total population of 28 million are in need of humanitarian aid and protection. Eighteen million people lack reliable access to food; 8.4 million people “do not know how they will obtain their next meal.”
https://theconversation.com/us-complicity-i...trations-106896

Killing Civilians for the Crime of Simply Being Yemeni
The U.S.-Saudi coalition warplanes deliberately target civilian infrastructure. They arbitrarily attack homes, farms, factories, schools, buses, gas stations, government buildings, water treatment facilities, and anything else imaginable.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/yemen-genocide/243247/

There is a complete blockade ... all sea and AIR ... blocked and Saudi call them Persians, just like Iran ...
No food ? You die.

Same backers USA UK .... Saudi ,, Kuwait .... UAE ,,,, as used chemical agents v Iran in 1980-88

Obama also has a list of very nasty things he did ... but Trump, wow he is worse.

Stand proud ... extermination ...

This G20 is going to be ,,,, fascinating.

The Chinese link is to the party paper ... nothing out of it is to be ignored and the cyber attack on Iran ... v my observation China has no choice but to drop Microsoft, Google, Andriod and Boeing and well a long list of things ... India shares this view.

EU is looking, somewhat silent, not on Yemen .... EU is being ignored totally by the USA ... totally.

Meanwhile, USA stocks march towards that 3,000 in the S+P .... driven by no tax or 10% lower tax, tax theft from overseas ... and whilst increased defence spending, the people .... inside USA ... the lower 70% would do better and live longer in even Mexico.

Of course this can go on for some time, but China, in its own self interest has to act. Maybe even on Iran oil .... India really will not be dictated to by another colonial power ... some upstart. Turkey, well ,,,, its being pushed towards Russia and its being blackmailed by the USA as is anyone who says or annoys them.

THat another attempted genocide is going on, and make no mistake the Iraq led invasion of Iran, given UK chemicals for those lovely Nerve agents and then when Iran went time and time again to the UN .... USA and UK blocked any action.

A mere 100,000 of the 500,000 killed on the IRan side, possibly double that. Iraq, a puppet ... lost similar numbers.

Yemen ? Nice place .... no food, no water, all access blocked and Mike Pompeo claims Iran is supporting them ? With weapons ? Have they invented teleport like in Star trek ? Any human supporting a persecuted group is evil ?

I again stress Iran is not a saint, but say the Kurds persecuted by Saddan helped calm things down, then discarded by the USA led forces. Then they resisted ISIL and ISIS ... hmm ...

Its called projection .... when a deranged person kills someone and chops them up .... and blames another.

Time for new friends Australia, your stinking Mr PM and time to get a set of them and send a surface mail letter verses a call going you have 14 days to vacate our nation and ANZUS is OVER.

I love my nation .... Sadly I cant at present love it ... I can only be ashamed. Gallipoli a military bungle and proud efforts over 100 years, but with a cause and a just one. How is killing ... or being complicit in killing a race something to be proud of ? UK Is neck deep in this as well ....

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kiril  tombeet  indeficit  

nipper
post Posted: Jun 24 2019, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Jun 24 2019, 03:42 PM

"America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests" ― Henry Kissinger

"We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow."
- Henry John Temple Palmerston, Remarks in the House of Commons, March 1, 1848

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

kahuna1
post Posted: Jun 24 2019, 03:42 PM
  Quote Post

Hi,,

I hope and pray for sanity. Not with any conviction.Pompeo yet again called Iran a state sposneror of terror.On the two people and organizations that follow this .... ISIL and ISIS and Al Q then Talib ... then a few other flavours ...Iran ... is NOT even mentioned and its absurd to do so.IT fights the first three.

This to one side.Fear and all that.Iran is different ... So are we all.IT is and was the victim .... It is not claiming this ... It is a bloody easily made observation.

I cannot imagine been invaded then nerve gas and then toxic agents let alone Mustard gas.
This said ... IT is NOT a saint.

Iran ... if provoked is a snapping turtle if you look at the mille range link I gave. If your stupid enough to put your fingers in BErts face .... or threaten him .... well your stupid.
I believe ... Iran is the most dangerous opponent one could be stupid enough to provoke on its soil. NEVER again ...
I think if you provoked Austria in a similar fashion, we would be the same.
Bolton, Pence the VP of the USA ... and Pompeo are very fringe evangelical types. Being American and white as well ... and entitled ... they view anyone as beneath them.
Their evangelical end of days rapture crap is ... even more insane than Trump. It is a very .... bad cult movie. But, each to their own .... religion, this however ... is more.
Iran ... if you look at the maps of the USA bases ... then imagine just as many oil refineries and then tanker terminals and facilities in Kuwait and UAE and Saudi ...
Then paint a target on each .... and Iran has some toys like the land launched mobile cruise missile which Ukraine sold them in 2011 and they started making their own in 2015 .... HOME MADE ...

Whilst maybe .... the USA bases that appear to threaten the mythical snapping turtle and surround it .... well BErt is up to 24 fingers he removed.
ONE serious limited surgical strike on Iran by a power which IGNORED and supported another which used nerve agents and WMD's against it ....
Kiss it all goodby ... USA hits 5 sites Iran hits 15 .... USA hits 50 .... Iran goes ... well ... use it or loose it.
I pray for sanity, without much hope. I believe if it came to it, USA generals should REFUSE the order.

Cutting off Iran and strangling it ... when it was haing nuclear inspectors ... was adhering to the agreement which I might add the EU with 27 nations ... and then 5 more .... only USA decided .... Uk has followed but it is without a PM ....

This hopefully goes away. Past history of the USA tells me, they are delusional and not being run by anything other than corporations with an idiot in charge.
We, as an allie with the USA and me I include in this, hold a deep appreciation for USA and it people, NOT ... the paid for lobbyists, the self interest groups, the industrial war complex and so on. I love yanks .... dislike in the extreme the elite ... not to man or woman, but ... the things they have done to the USA are and were sick, and getting worse.
I would hope that some long term friend of the USA... says we are still friends with the people ... love them ... but NO longer can have anything to do with your actions and policies.
Its not being a China puppet .... its being a human being and not rubber stamping as we are the Genocide in Yemen, let alone ... what Iran post 2003 was a 500,000- killing fest. Libya similar .... Syria and ISIL ...

All the war stuff aside ...
China and if we are realisitic, USA just proved that we cannot rely upon any agreement not just defence, but more so trade .... Google wiping Andriod from some local makers phone ? Or Google paying 1% tax here and its Australian competitor is paying 24% ....

We cannot compete ... we sadly cannot trust.
China, India ... Turkey all now cast aside.
We, nor any nation ... can longer trust the USA. Nor do I suspect for a very long time. Trade ... mutual defence .... NATA and Trumps comments and actions, when it would have been NICE .... for once to have USA with us .... Timor ... NO pass from the USA.
Sorry not happy and whilst I pray idiots dont pull the trigger, actually hope China says get stuffed on Iranian oil imports ... and India and Turkey and EU does the same and isolates the cancer in the business sense let alone war mongering sense.

--------------------

kiril
post Posted: Jun 24 2019, 01:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Jun 23 2019, 07:28 PM

If this goes as you predict Mark, Oil will go through the roof.

I feel the world has lost faith in the US and the dollar just might drop.

Then inflation will start to rise with zero growth in the economy.....and we will experience Stagflation for the first time in a long time.

Kiril

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  kahuna1  

kahuna1
post Posted: Jun 23 2019, 07:28 PM
  Quote Post

Must run …

Just got the diplomatic passports for the G20, Bert … looks so cute.

Meeting over the next week in Japan.

Iran's 2.6 million BPD out, up goes oil. Limited fight and even better. Saudi desperate and need oil above $70. USA and its shale oil and expanded production needs $70- as well and here at $50 ish they merely break even. As in 1980-88 Kuwait, UAE and Sadis funing it all. 9/11 same … not Iran …. back to Isreal wars …. same funding. Now USA allies ?

This time ignore a genocide in Yemen ? is genocide worse than WMD .?

Likely, and with regret, a limited strike against Iran, its knows no support for its persecuted minority religion. Are they the JEWS of the Muslim world ? Certainly not Arabs.

China just lost a massive trading partner via Iran. It lost energy independence and now its dictated by the USA ? India the same.

Oh and All Chinese products no longer work as Google and Android removed along with 5G stuff.

China to even pretend to bow, now also needs to convert all its laws, all its rules even style of government to USA.

Well, one shot, a surgical strike and we are at $150- oil, Iran will hit 3 times harder back, China cant really afford to be dictated to this way, NOR I might add any nation. Paying no tax overseas and economic terrorist, then extortion and destruction I thought led to most wars ?

It matters not what occurs from here. When you have been already extorted and threatened with destruction or impairment, economically, China has no choice nor does India to drop USA based tech companies and all products, from planes to all the rest.

That is destroyed, despite the USA equity markets for now, all time highs, running on a tax rate 23% of EU for corporate, 7% for USA .... paid ... that is ... and stealing any tax owed to EU when they sell there adding to the rise. EU , well … it will wake up. Oh and who can forget the 1 trillion in stock bought back as repatriated stolen tax money was allowed back into the USA minus any tax.

China and India ignore USA and protect their interests whilst ensuring Iran behaves. Chances of Iran becoming Communist are ... well ... ZERO. Unlikely as China does not wish to confront emperor Trump and well ... without a protector ... its a loose loose for China either way. Win win win for Oligarchy USA arms makers, oil and gas .... wow the Koch brothers are so nice ...

Going to be fun.

Its going to be pleasant.

Japan and Bert I suspect has developed a taste. If only he can meet with Trump !!

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: indeficit  

jacsar
post Posted: Jun 23 2019, 07:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 23 2019, 04:50 PM

nipper, need another lifetime to come back and read books like Caravans and The Source by James Michener on the Middle East and also the books sitting there that I never had enough time to enjoy and learn ...the greatest loss that we can endure is letting time slip through our fingers not a loss on the markets ... just listened to the thoughts of Robert Ian... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdN2t-vyFUU...eature=youtu.be ...cheers

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  

832 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING