Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 4 5 6 7   

Reply to this topic

NCZ, NEW CENTURY RESOURCES LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 9 2017, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

Thought it was strange yesterday when NCZ submitted their "Diggers & Dealers" presentation via ASX, since they were not on the agenda!!!

This Australian article explains the stunt, which might get a "please explain" from ASX today
Kebab and chips

Competition for speaking slots at the Diggers & Dealers forum is always stiff, but former Syrah Resources boss and ex-broker Tolga Kumova has come up with a novel way of promoting his new venture after missing out on a spot in the conference’s formal line-up.

Kumova’s latest play, New Century Resources, has sponsored the local Kalgoorlie kebab shop in an attempt to catch the attention of boozed-up delegates looking for a feed on the way back to their hotels.

The kebab shop is decorated in New Century livery and hungry patrons can leaf through copies of the company’s latest presentation while they wait for their doner with cheese at 2am.

Whether any of the punters are actually able to remember anything the next morning is another matter. Kumova and New Century have also earned the ire of conference organisers when they lodged a copy of their kebab shop slides with the ASX under the heading “Diggers and Dealers presentation”. Given they’re not an official speaker — and given those on the program have paid tens of thousands for the privilege — the organisers have sent an angry missive asking the ASX to correct the record

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 25 2017, 01:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 24 2017, 03:28 PM

Looks like the research report I found/posted yesterday was "commissioned by the company" - as per their ann today - probably explains the high valuation? SP currently 32.5c - down 4.41%

New Century Resources Limited (Company or New Century) (ASX:NCZ) is pleased to announce
the release of a research report by The Sophisticated Investor (TSI).

The report by TSI was commissioned by the Company and comprises a series of short videos relating
to New Century Resources’ Century Zinc Mine in Queensland,

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 24 2017, 03:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 04:59 PM

Currently the sp stands at 34c, FWIW a valuation given here of $1.20

Valuation: We initiate coverage on New Century Resources with a valuation of $1.20 / share. However, with optimisation of throughput and zinc recoveries being the company's initial focus, our valuation has the potential to increase further in the near future.

FINANCE VIDEO: New Century Resources Ltd (ASX:NCZ) - Big zinc is back on the ASX
http://www.abnnewswire.net/press/en/89240/ncz

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 04:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Marana's post @ Jul 20 2017, 03:05 PM

Agree - sounds a little too good to be true.

I did not notice any feasibility statistics in today's presentation.

I think this has yet to be completed - see this article

Century Bull will immediately begin work towards the economic extraction of metal from evaporation dam water while completing a bankable feasibility study into zinc tailings re-processing

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/4499...for-mine-rehab/

Also wise to read the prospectus - the deal comes with quite some "baggage", IMHO.

Raging Bull also entered into a jv agreement with AXE a while back with their cobalt tenements, but that did not proceed - AXE's ann suggested they were the one's that walked.

http://www.ragingbullmining.com/team.html

http://www.afr.com/business/mining/big-min...20170419-gvo1tc

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Marana  

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 03:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Marana's post @ Jul 20 2017, 03:05 PM

I'd reckon it could be the (lack of homogeneity in the) 20% grade that could bring it unstuck

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  Marana  

Marana
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 03:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 12:51 PM

You have to know what is going on here. Very quick look:

7Mtpa ore plant to process 2.73% tailings. At 2% MMG & 3% govt royalty & 30% smelter cost the revenue is AUD$213M per annum at today's zinc price for 100% production (NCZ have 70% share, it seems).

When ZFX were running the plant in 2007, they processed 5M to 6Mtpa of 11% ore and their annual costs (excluding royalties & depreciation) were around AUD$350M pa. (page 40. http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071026/pdf/...pmfp5n4666.pdf)

Difficult to imagine processing 2.73% ore with the reagents (acid) required the costs without mining costs would be less than 50% of the ZFX costs.

I did not notice any feasibility statistics in today's presentation.

2.7M tonnes at 20% grade is worth $700M in revenue at 80% recovery & 30% smelter cost & 70% mining recovery

Too difficult for me. blink.gif

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 12:51 PM

SYR looks like the Fat Man bomb dropping a doo-doo

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 20 2017, 11:56 AM

BTW NCZ is showing similar chart formations to early stage SYR - as posted by followers on HC - so get ready for blast off lmaosmiley.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

Formerly Attila Resources Limited (AYA) renamed and commenced trading. Another stock backed by former SYR CEO - Tolga Kumova.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20170720/pdf/43krskkgmp6hth.pdf

--------------------

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 4 5 6 7

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING