Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Shares trading courses, Recommendations around trading seminars/ classes or where to begin
panda
post Posted: Oct 19 2020, 11:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 19 2020, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the tips @nipper ...
Account opened with Commsec already & starting small at the moment to get used to the whole thing graduated.gif

nipper
post Posted: Oct 19 2020, 12:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Oct 19 2020, 12:06 PM

Open an account. Read widely. Run a watchlist. Understand the company you are wishing to buy. Do paper trades. When it comes to committing your money, with luck you will lose some but not all, and this will be a salutary lesson.

(I mean that kindly. Experience is the only teacher. If all these systems and analyses were so good, how come their proponents haven't retired rich).
And in the paper today
A trio of derivatives trading firms that targeted retail investors with high-risk products have been hit with a $75 million penalty by the Federal Court in a case brought by the corporate regulator.

AGM Markets will pay a fine of $35 million while OT Markets and Ozifin will pay $20 million each after Justice Beach found the firms had engaged in unconscionable conduct.

That resulted in clients losing around $32 million from trading complex and risky Over the Counter Derivatives such as contracts for difference.

The ruling will result in about 10,000 former clients receiving refunds from the firms which have been placed in liquidation. He said that while CFDs may be used as legitimate investments to hedge risks, most retail investors lost money trading these products due to excessive leveraage.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Oct 19 2020, 12:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: panda's post @ Oct 19 2020, 11:57 AM

Don't ! biggrin.gif

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

panda
post Posted: Oct 19 2020, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

Hi all,

Im a newbie here, would like to know recommendations around shares trading courses if anyone has any dos/ donts please share. Thank you.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING