Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 25 >   

Reply to this topic

PRN, PERENTI GLOBAL
monoply
post Posted: Feb 15 2005, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Some bigger buy orders around today.
Volume up a bit early.
Could be interesting

normc
post Posted: Feb 3 2005, 10:06 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: texas4qld on Thursday 03/02/05 09:35am

Sorry to hear that Tex. I've just got in a couple of days ago. Was concluding my research when HWE fell over. Like you I thought this must be positive, so jumped in.

The lack of support for ASL may suggest some nervousness about the industry as a whole following two recent failures. Might take more than a few days for this to be worked through.

I bought on what looked like sound (not brilliant) fundamentals, in a booming industry, with likely reduced competition. Also new major contract in Africa through AMS about to kick in. In short, if they can not make money now, they never will!

I agree, the market doesn't see it this way yet, but I'll be patient for a little while.

texas4qld
post Posted: Feb 3 2005, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

Ok, the market doesn't agree with me.
I'm out for now.

Tex.

--------------------
The above comments are just my opinions, do your own research before deciding to buy or sell.

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 31 2005, 03:33 PM
  Quote Post

Well first Brandrill and now Henry Walker Elton,............both in administration stun.gif

Surely this has to be good news for Ausdrill if their opposition is dropping by the wayside wink.gif

Tex.

--------------------
The above comments are just my opinions, do your own research before deciding to buy or sell.

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 25 2005, 12:06 PM
  Quote Post

Normc

I have been trying to attach a file from the annual report, but it wont work.
Go to the last page of their annual report dated 29th of September 2004.
This gives you the full breakdown of the last 4 years of financials.

This should tell you all you need to know.

Tex.

--------------------

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 25 2005, 11:35 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (normc @ Monday 24/01/05 09:01pm)

Hi normc

Hunter Hall bought just over 7 million shares in December, they have never held previously.

If you look at the history of the last 4 years of trading for Ausdrill.
You'll see that 2004 figures were very good, but the look bad when compared to 2003 figures because of a big foreign exchange gain of $8.7 million.

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

normc
post Posted: Jan 24 2005, 09:01 PM
  Quote Post

I'm trying to do some FA on ASL, but info is very hard to come by. As identified in a previous post, Hunter Hall bought 5.5m shares during December at around .51, bringing their holding to 7.5m. They normally do pretty good work, so that is a positive.

Best estimate I can find is that they should at least match last years result, which would give a PE of 8.6 and a dividend yield of 6.9% (last year about 70% franked). If they achieve that, current price looks cheap as long as the result is sustainable.

Their African operation is supposed to be improving about now with the commencement of new contracts. The Australian industry is booming. If they cannot make good money now, they never will.

All looks good on the surface, but not much in the way of hard analysis due to lack of info.

Anybody got any more concrete info which may help me.

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 14 2005, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

The 60c buyer wont go away.
People tend to shy away from spikes in a chart, but this spike is there for a very good reason wink.gif

Tex.

--------------------

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 13 2005, 12:58 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: monster on Thursday 13/01/05 11:49am

Hi monster

Had a look at this one, but shocking figures reported in annual report in September weirdsmiley.gif
Basicly they halfed their cash over a 12 month period from $20million to $10 million (the main blow out was in labour and Materials, which suggests they under quoted a series of projects).
Paradise Cooper started dumping them in July 2004 (clearly had insite into figures at end of June) and continued selling the stock down until late November.

It comes as a shock to see Peter Hall buying (considering he is a value investor), perhaps his boys visited ASL and liked what they saw,........maybe they sacked their senior estimator laughingsmiley.gif

Worth a look if Hall is buying, certainly has a healthy cashflow.

Tex.

--------------------

yogi-in-oz
post Posted: Jan 13 2005, 12:33 PM
  Quote Post

smile.gif

Hi Monster,

Working off the chart alone, ASL has been setting
itself up for a rally, since the lows in late-October 04.

Retracement target of 75 cents by 10 Junne 2005.

Ahead, long time cycles for ASL in 2005 are:

20 Jan 2005

18-21 Feb 2005 = retracement of previous upleg

25 March 2005

27 May 2005

10 June 2005 = retracement

29 July 2005

06 December 2005

-----
A pullback from current levels to test support around
55 cents would not be surprising, given the recent,
strong price momentum .....

happy days

yogi

smile.gif

--------------------
:)

No advice here. If you need advice seek a
professional, as all of the above is the
humble analysis of one techie and astrotrader.
Play it safe, please do your own research.

:)

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING