Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

66 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

LNR, LONESTAR RESOURCES LIMITED
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 21 2013, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

Company name updated -

To: LONESTAR RESOURCES LIMITED (LNR)

Regards,
ShareScene.com.au

mme
post Posted: Jun 6 2011, 11:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: albion's post @ May 11 2011, 10:37 AM

Noticed weekend fin review had a positive write up on this. Then noticed director buying a million at 23 cents! Ummh!! biggrin.gif

albion
post Posted: May 11 2011, 10:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: albion's post @ Mar 21 2011, 10:00 PM

Despite the market saying the T/O for AMU by Eden is not going ahead will stick my neck out and say AMU is a very good buy at 24 cents. Its a win/win situation and Renaissance Smaller Caps must agree with me as they have just bought over 16m shares.Allthough AMU is one of the few Aussie companies with profitable oil/gas operations in the US it is most likely one of the most "hated" oil/gas stocks on the ASX. Everbody seems to agree that Eden was getting a real bargain at 35cents, but the market is saying AMU is only worth 24cents. Find it hard to think Eden will just walk after all the work they have put in to find what they think is a real bargain. So IF the market is wrong and the T/O goes through anyone buying at 24cents is looking at 50% profit. If Eden back out the downside for AMU looks very limited and only short term. AMU has producing long life oil/gas reserves with quarterly rev of $6.4m and $22.5 cash(thats what attracted Eden in the first place.) If the deal falls through and the ASX marks down AMU its just a matter of time before someone else moves in as Eden has already done all the hard work.

albion
post Posted: Mar 21 2011, 10:00 PM
  Quote Post

AMU now joins the very long list of Australian Oil and Gas companies taken over by foreign companies on the very cheap. Boy do these foreign companies just love "Aussie mugs" they sell us what they want to get rid of at inflated prices then buy valuable assets from us at bargain basement prices. With oil and gas companies it goes something like this. Aussie investors put up the IPO money for oil and gas floats, they then keep paying up for rights issues ect. Some of the companies like AMU are successful in finding good oil/gas reserves but Aussie investors get fed up waiting for big returns, management is useless ect ect and the shares drift down and down. Foreign investors takes them over for a song ...thank you very much. A few months ago you could hardly give AMU away for .175... fantastic value, but no interest here. T/A guys not interested because they do not believe in value buying. Now you are getting 35cents for AMU, robbery but still OK if you were buying from the .175 range. Who will be next ? Dont know but on "value" PSA would have to be interesting?

flower
post Posted: Jan 22 2011, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

AMU, which is now in a trading halt has recieved "an unsolicited, conditioned proposal which may result in an offer being made for all the shares in the company"

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01143363

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

sjlittle
post Posted: Dec 24 2010, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

So with the deal announced today it now seems we are sitting on a pile of cash roughly equivalent to the total market cap.

Wonder what it will open at?

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Nov 22 2010, 11:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: albion's post @ Nov 22 2010, 10:40 AM

for Cooper ADE and STU?

for Otway ADE and SNE?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

albion
post Posted: Nov 22 2010, 10:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 22 2010, 10:13 AM

With the continual neglect of value in smaller oil/gas stocks by "wise" Australian investors AMU seems likely to be another one going on the cheap.Looks like INP and now ITC are gone. Overseas interests making offers for AZZ and AMU. BPT failed on DLS but may have just outsmarted VPE on ITC. The key to all this action is good permit holdings and proven oil/gas reserves. Who will be the next to go before investors wake up? I dont know but ADE could be one that might get the sharks interest.

nipper
post Posted: Nov 22 2010, 10:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: AJ007's post @ Sep 9 2010, 04:41 PM

Amadeus Energy Ltd (ASX:AMU) was placed in trading halt this morning, at the request of the company, to allow it time to review offers that have been received for certain of its US assets.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

AJ007
post Posted: Sep 9 2010, 04:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jbmurc's post @ Sep 7 2010, 04:55 PM

Buying AMU at these prices seems definitely worth the punt for the upside as there is limited downside if a corporate transaction does not take place. The only real issue I see is that as AMU are in no real rush to complete a transaction, meaning that it could be a long time before we see any action. Note it is certainly a good problem to have, it just means that if nothing happens in a couple of months time, the share price could start sliding as those who bought in waiting for a takeover, etc may begin selling as they get sick of holding on.

Personally I do not hold AMU at the moment.

--------------------
Only the dead have seen the end of war! 'Plato'

66 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING