Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Nielsen Indicator, new supply and demand indicator
happy2
post Posted: Dec 5 2006, 11:13 AM
  Quote Post

Reading somewhere recently that following director's buying is a losing strategy. I don't whether the person is aware of Neilsen Indicator. Neilsen claims it is a real money spinner.

--------------------
Have a good one

Happy 2

"Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification".

Caveat Emptor: the above comments are merely opinion, not advice.

bailej03
post Posted: May 2 2005, 10:19 PM
  Quote Post

TThanks for the discussion guys... although their examples look encouraging, I have looked at the linking website theinsidertrader.com.au which gives you a 4 week free trial to. Had a look at some of the daily trades or shares with increasing demand from the past weeks and all I can say is they results weren't great. Infact most where behind and the others only marginally infront. Unfortunately, I can't access it now which is great for a 4 week trial, but an example is their free weekly stock pick for the 19th which recommended MCP:

Nielsen Indicator Buyer Demand Level

Net buyer demand has increased from there being ten times as many sellers than buyers to an equal amount of buyers as sellers.

Price was $3.20, today’s close 2.70. Nice weirdsmiley.gif Clearly in a big downtrend which is continuing, but demand did increase... I would like to know how quickly it fell away with the SP.

Looking back at their past results which do show some 9 and 10 baggers, I think they were just ridding the bull based on these kinds of selections.

Maybe I am being too harsh, but this does not appear to be anything special and definitely something you could do yourself. As others have side the genuine big buys, ones which move SP's generally are at market, not sitting in the que, so I don't think selections purely on supply and demand are that wise. Then again, you need the contact to know when the big buy are coming otherwise your just playing the game like me. wink.gif

--------------------
--[b]Nothing is certain in life nor the market[/b]--

Everything is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it
- Archibald Hutcheson, 1720

BSA
post Posted: May 2 2005, 01:07 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Tahi on Monday 02/05/05 12:21pm

Yes thats true Tahi most of serious money comes in off the sidelines(not sitting in the que), but usually punters build up in the depth as well possibly alerting the astute to possible swing in sentiment.

--------------------

Tahi
post Posted: May 2 2005, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

T he problem i see with it is that most of the serious money that this is trying to follow does not sit in the order lines, it hits the available offer price.

--------------------
SOMETIMES I CANT DO RIGHT FOR DOING WRONG
TAHI

BSA
post Posted: May 2 2005, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: BSA on Monday 02/05/05 11:25am

Did not spell correctly wacko.gif Gryphon Learning.

--------------------

kosmo
post Posted: May 2 2005, 10:44 AM
  Quote Post

Maybe I'm missing something, but it's the same old question for me, ... if they've developed a fantastic way of making money, why don't they just use it to make money? Why go thru the headaches of having clients?

Unless they've developed a system and they want another huge company to come along and buy from them for a bucket load of money. graduated.gif That's more clever.

cheers

--------------------
Have a crack, ... and let life decide.

Featured Stock Stories

BSA
post Posted: May 2 2005, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (herger @ Monday 02/05/05 10:57am)

It is very new indicator developed by Griffin Learning, it scans in real time looking for large shifts in market depth occuring, as punters build up in a stock(generally before the break out)

--------------------

rslade
post Posted: May 2 2005, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

I'm no expert, more of charting dabbler, but its my understanding that market depth works better as an indicator in big markets like the US and then only for mid to large cap stocks.

herger
post Posted: May 2 2005, 09:57 AM
  Quote Post

If I read right, what they basically do is, their system will scan market depths so that the instant a flood of big buy orders have been placed they'll call it a buy. Similarly when the buys stop coming in it'll call it a sell.

I can see how it could work now and then, but over the long run it's doubtful you'll come out ahead.

Might interest the chartists, perhaps, they're both in the business of picking sentiment/gauging demand/supply - so directly picking it from the market depth seems like a more direct, but much more cruder way of going about it.

Still, I don't think anyone of sound mind would be touching this.

bailej03
post Posted: May 2 2005, 02:20 AM
  Quote Post

Not sure how new this is, claims to be very new and they are still giving $100 off for the first 100 to join up, so obviously their demand ain't to high yet! wink.gif

Nielsen Supply and Demand Indicator: http://www.nielsenindicator.com/index.php

FAQ says that: 'technology hasn’t allowed for something like the Nielsen Indicator until now'.

Sounds interesting, but the FAQ suggests to me anyway that it is just looks at market depth and the weighting of the bid and ask. I can do that myself graduated.gif

Anyway, I like to know if anybody has signed up or seen the site or what anybody else thinks??

--------------------
--[b]Nothing is certain in life nor the market[/b]--

Everything is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it
- Archibald Hutcheson, 1720

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING