Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

DCG, DECMIL GROUP LIMITED
batikit
post Posted: May 24 2015, 05:04 PM
  Quote Post

this was a tricky stock to trade... bought on 19th May at $1.13, hoping it to break out of the falling trendline as the positive divergence in MCAD was forming nicely
then next day it broke the 1.10 support, lots of stops triggered, including mine, hit 1.01 and closed at 1.05 , well below the former support

then it spent one day "consolidating" and then rose back to 1.15 (7%) last Friday

My TA knowledge tells me to stop out if support broke, do not enter a trade when the stock is already closed below the former support

this DCG went against these rules and formed a false breakout .... biggrin.gif lesson learnt : stay away from the stock where vol is thin. A game is fair only when there are plenty of people participate. graduated.gif

so i now look at the ASX100 again.....
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

arty
post Posted: Jan 24 2014, 12:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 24 2013, 09:27 AM

Decmil still had a little more upside, but I didn't get back in. Just as well: I would've been stopped out at $2.30 anyway.

Attached Image

Now it could frop all the way back to the beginning. ... if not lower sadsmiley02.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Dec 24 2013, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 23 2013, 05:49 PM

This could turn into a Dark Cloud Cover, which is one of the patterns that would get me out early.
Naturally, the Christmas-New Year break will have to be considered, as most institutional investors will have shut down shop, leaving the floor to less predictable swingers.

Were today's Open to become THE top, I'd set my alert at $2.12 to have a closer look at a $2.10 entry - see the gap?

Attached Image

... and this is the Intraday chart I was talking about.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Nick1970  

arty
post Posted: Dec 23 2013, 05:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nick1970's post @ Dec 23 2013, 04:22 PM

Usually, I take the current High of the lower (green) line of the Volatility Envelope.
Applying a 1 1/2 day risk tolerance, it is currently at $2.16.

However, if I notice resistance and a clear top reversal, I tend to switch to an Intraday chart and exit earlier. The reason for that is, a retracement off Primary Resistance is as a rule pretty deep, eating up to 50% into the last range; that can offer quite an opportunity to buy more for less.

--------------------

Nick1970
post Posted: Dec 23 2013, 04:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 23 2013, 10:15 AM

What is your trail stop now Arty - I was thinking something around 200 day.

--------------------
Use a stop loss every time.

arty
post Posted: Dec 23 2013, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nick1970's post @ Dec 21 2013, 03:01 PM

Is nothing stopping it? smile.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

Nick1970
post Posted: Dec 21 2013, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 20 2013, 10:51 AM

Certainly looking good Arty - well spotted! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Use a stop loss every time.

arty
post Posted: Dec 20 2013, 10:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 18 2013, 02:25 PM

Still no retracement; now we're approaching your estimate, Nick. Hope you're still holding as well smile.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Dec 18 2013, 02:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 17 2013, 08:00 PM

I suspect Primary Resistance ("FTFF") could appear sooner - about $2.09 maybe?

There we are. Now the big question: Does it go on? Or can we top up closer to vwap, which currently sits at $2.044.

Attached Image

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Dec 18 2013, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 17 2013, 08:00 PM

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01477959

hmmm - and I thought there won't be any more boats coming?
Oh well - as long as Joe Hockey finds the money and supports Australian Manufacturing, let's not argue. biggrin.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING