Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PTR, PETRATHERM LTD
arty
post Posted: May 3 2013, 01:06 PM
  Quote Post

Look who is riding the Geothermal wave!

Attached Image

Must be GDY-"nearology"; or has anybody heard rumours that could explain the coincidence?
The QR was rather nondescript.
The SAREIC presentation http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01405496 didn't grab me as overly exciting either.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Duster
post Posted: Dec 7 2011, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

Wouldn't want to be hanging by the balls waiting for this one but at least it's a move in the right direction and I can't lose on it, unless it halved from here. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Patience is the key to success.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

Duster
post Posted: Oct 14 2011, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

Flowing forward

Geothermal hopeful Petratherm says it has successfully completed crucial flow tests at its Paralana project, although it will be several weeks before the results can be properly assessed. Petratherm and its drilling partners, Beach Energy and TRUenergy, say the tests are critical in helping determine how easily the geothermal energy lying some 4kms below the surface can be extracted, and in designing production flows and plant design, and to minimize corrosion

As in other wells, the presence of heat is not contested, but the developers need to understand how easily the steam can be extracted and how to plan for future wells, a 3.75MW pilot plant and a 30MW demonstration plant in coming years. Wells drilled by companies such as Panax and Origin in shallower, more conventional resources known as hot sedimentary aquifers, have found that there is not enough “flow” in the fluids lying at depth to support extraction.

The Paralana project will likely require some fracturing processes, but the developers say the presence of a naturally over-pressured system will, if extensive, assist circulation of fluids between wells and reduce the amount of pumping that will be required. “The joint venture partners have identified a natural geothermal system at Paralana. Future work will further enhance the development of this system. This may significantly lower development risks of establishing a commercial flow for power production,” the company said in a statement.

http://www.climatespectator.com.au/comment...bon-price-floor

--------------------

Duster
post Posted: Oct 12 2011, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Duster's post @ Oct 12 2011, 08:09 AM

Paralana Flow Test Successfully Completed

--------------------

Duster
post Posted: Oct 12 2011, 08:09 AM
  Quote Post

I reckon we will get an announcement today on the progress at Paralana 2 and although they won't know "true" flow rates until the circuit is complete via another well, we may get an indication + a bottom hole temp > 180deg.

It's even possible for another extension to the SPP until testing is complete if things are running behind schedule.

With the carbon tax vote almost certain to get the nod from the Lower House this morning, we may see some much needed, renewed interest. (not that I support the carbon tax)

--------------------

Duster
post Posted: Oct 5 2011, 05:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Alethia's post @ Oct 5 2011, 05:03 PM

Yes you are right Alethia.

Not sure how many wells are required for a "commercial" operation but they are looking at a 3.75 M/W pilot plant and another 3.75 M/W (7.5M/W) demonstration plant after the second production well, and then upscale to a 30M/W demonstration plant.

The purpose of the current testing is to measure flow deliverability, temperature and brine chemistry. I have no idea what they are "expecting" just having a stab in the dark.

Cheers,
D

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

Alethia
post Posted: Oct 5 2011, 05:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Duster's post @ Oct 5 2011, 04:59 PM

I am keen on PTR and a previous shareholder, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they need to drill another 15 or more wells before they can call themselves commercial???

Thanks.

--------------------
The caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

Duster
post Posted: Oct 5 2011, 04:59 PM
  Quote Post

Beach Energy has put out their monthly drilling report, which included ...........

The Paralana-2 (Beach 21%) geothermal well is currently being flow tested and controlled at approximately 2 barrels per minute to enable slow heating of the wellbore. Flow will be monitored from the well over approximately the next two weeks. Results will be communicated after this period.

I think in an "engineered" system they need around 50-60 L/sec. So we have a restricted flow rate atm of approx 318 L/min or 5.3 L/sec (2 Barrels/min). My guesstimate would be 10 x current @ 180 deg but I'm just pulling figures out of my arse, so disregard everything I have written lmaosmiley.gif

Cheers,
D

--------------------

Duster
post Posted: Oct 4 2011, 09:17 AM
  Quote Post

Paralana 2 should be flowing by now and I would expect to hear news well before the 14th Oct. May pay to keep an eye on volume, as there has been none of late.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rick001  

Duster
post Posted: Sep 28 2011, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

Paralana flow test operation commences

Petratherm and its Paralana project JV partners, Beach Energy and TRUenergy, are pleased to advise that the flow test operation for the Paralana 2 Deep Geothermal Well has commenced today with the mobilization of equipment to the Paralana site.

The flow test operation aims to measure flow deliverability potential of the encountered overpressured brine fluids at depth, fluid temperature, and brine fluid chemistry. The flow test operation will occur over a 7 to 14 day period.

This is the first time at which extracted geothermal energy (hot fluid) will be brought to the surface at Paralana, an important milestone towards production of geothermal power. Early findings from the flow test will be released soon after completion of the operation.

--------------------

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING