Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

TSO, TISHMAN SPEYER OFFICE FUND
hungry
post Posted: Feb 11 2012, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

Just back from a week away to find this one bolted on massive volume.
Guess they liked the news yesterday!

hungry
post Posted: May 27 2009, 12:23 PM
  Quote Post

Next leg up starting today imo. Most property stocks doing well with WDC leading the way.
This one is still lagging a bit this morning, but will catch up in a hurry I think.

bluebug
post Posted: May 6 2009, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bluebug's post @ May 5 2009, 11:00 AM

Speeding Ticket!!

bluebug
post Posted: May 5 2009, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Apr 16 2009, 01:56 PM

Another good rise this morning, hitting 22.5 before taking a breather.
I see CBA have posted a SSH. That and the buy back are all positive.
I think this still has a wee way to run.

hungry
post Posted: Apr 16 2009, 01:56 PM
  Quote Post

Nice vol today Arty. It's away to test next resis at .21 imo. Buyers are still building.

salts
post Posted: Apr 3 2009, 02:18 PM
  Quote Post

can anyone explain the difference between shares that are branded fpo and those that are branded units.

I would like to make sure that if I buy tso on market that there are no underlying future costs that I might become liable for (like contributing shares).

salts

Featured Stock Stories

arty
post Posted: Apr 3 2009, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 3 2009, 08:43 AM

grrr.gif gap-up grrr.gif
I hate those gaps! They always look untidy and threaten to close down.
On the other hand, if there's strength behind a gap-up, they can stay unfilled for yonks.

Hoping it's the latter, I stuck a little bid in at 12c, which has now been filled.
Potential targets: 15 and 18.5c; current stop-loss: Close below 10c (hence the small start position)
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Apr 3 2009, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Apr 3 2009, 08:05 AM

Thanks for raising this, Merc.
Quite peculiar that this "penny dreadful" should draw attention at this stage. A few days ago, it popped up in one of my market scans, but at that time I ignored the signal. Your post made me take another look - including the bigger picture on a weekly scale.
While it's still a Short from a long-term Technical perspective, I can't overlook the fact that it seems to have found the bottom and attracted buying interest. (After all, there wasn't much further to fall stun.gif )

Attached Image

and on a semi-log scale, the situation becomes even clearer:

Attached Image

especially when we zoom in on the Daily
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mercury
post Posted: Apr 3 2009, 08:05 AM
  Quote Post

Recently I noted that directors had bought some shares at low prices.
Newspapers confirmed that despite this show of faith, that the company was perilously close to defaulting on property price covenants.
tishman said they would start buying back their shares at such ridiculous prices and have started to do so.
The new accounting standards being proposed and I believe, accepted, to change valuations to be based on something other than other property prices, and use another valuation model may (MAY) help TSO. I do not clainm to be an accountant or lawyer, so I say 'may'.
However, it does seem to me that if they value property based on rental income , then TSO should do very nicely and covenants based on mark to market prices will not easily apply.
Could see some action with this company? Who knows.
But they have some pretty good property rented out to big companies with deep pockets and long leases.
I did hold a small parcel a week or so ago, until I looked at the covenant parameters, and sold out. However, that, as I say, may have changed.
Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Mercury

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Mar 18 2009, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

Created by request:
TISHMAN SPEYER OFFICE FUND (TSO)

Thankyou
ShareScene.com

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING