Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

FIN, FINZSOFT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
FINZSOFT SOLUTIONS LIMITED

Code:
FIN

Website
http://www.finzsoft.com/

Lizard
post Posted: Nov 29 2008, 06:44 AM
  Quote Post

Only just noticed that FIN managed to squeeze out a tiny profit for first half and seem not to have suffered too much revenue loss yoy. However, capitalised R&D is ahead of depreciation and amortisation, so perhaps that is all about accounting.

Provisions have increased significantly, perhaps as a result of finance coy failures.

Still reaffirming the view that they will book a small profit this year - though it reads as if the first half may have been more a function of completing RACV (Australia) installation and second half might have to get there by cutting staff and capitalising expenditure i.e. focussing efforts on developing next generation Sovereign software.

Lizard
post Posted: Aug 26 2008, 12:27 PM
  Quote Post

Good article on the M.D. and his plans for Finzsoft:
NBR Article - 26 Aug

Lizard
post Posted: Aug 15 2008, 08:38 AM
  Quote Post

AGM presentations now available by e-mailing the NZX.

A little vague on opportunities and usual annual comment about broadening the shareholder base and considering funding options for expansion - maybe can be taken more seriously under ex-Ba

Lizard
post Posted: May 28 2008, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

I'm stuck with a few shares in FIN - almost impossible to sell. Actually, it was obvious that I should have scrambled out when the finance sector started turning to pulp, but sadly, I'm often better at writing down ideas than acting on them.

Todays reported loss was no surprise and well flagged. However, it is somewhat surprising that it was incurred on higher revenue than prior year. While it is understandable that finance companies might have their belts well-tightened and be unwilling to spend on software, it is less understandable that margins should be squeezed in this type of business. I wonder if bad debts and write-offs will turn out to be the underlying factor?

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING