Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

53 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TIM, TIMBERCORP LIMITED
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Oct 11 2011, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

Delisted on 30/08/2011 following failure to pay annual listing fees in respect of the year ending 30 June 2012.

Regards,
ShareScene.com

krk004
post Posted: May 1 2009, 01:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kura's post @ Apr 30 2009, 09:36 AM

Is it paying off management fees? or is it paying off a finance facility?

Often these MIS have allowed you to get the full tax deduction at the end of the financial year, via a finance facility through the MIS entity, without the need for full funds upfront.

I'm not sure which it is, haven't really explored it to that greater depth?

All the best to holders,

--------------------
Do Your Own Research & Know Your Own Investment Style.

"I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

kura
post Posted: Apr 30 2009, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: krk004's post @ Apr 29 2009, 04:29 PM

What I thought interesting was that receivers still expect investors to pay the on going management fees, when they have suspended all operations.
It may be an old fashioned concept, but they should really do some work, to expect payment.

krk004
post Posted: Apr 29 2009, 04:29 PM
  Quote Post

Interesting! unsure.gif

Safe haven for Timbercorp assets

Not a holder,

--------------------
Do Your Own Research & Know Your Own Investment Style.

"I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Brierley
post Posted: Apr 23 2009, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Apr 23 2009, 11:06 AM

On 20-04-09 Intelligent Investor (II)recommended TODHA and TIMHB as holds with a buy bias based on this logic

Either way, those who hang on to these securities need to prepare themselves for the probability of owning an unlisted security and dealing with the complexity of a company in administration. We'll provide some guidance through the process but, in any case, we think hanging on makes a lot more sense than selling at today's prices.

Full article might be worth a read for those that are stuck with these hybrids.

I've never owned TIM or its hybrids and I'm only accessing II thru the free 1 month trial .

mme
post Posted: Apr 23 2009, 11:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kelt's post @ Apr 23 2009, 10:35 AM

It was more sorry to holders in general of both the shares and the MIS. biggrin.gif

Featured Stock Stories

kelt
post Posted: Apr 23 2009, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Apr 23 2009, 10:14 AM

I'm not sure why you a sorry to fluff, he knew what he was doing. I just hope no one bought into his one line ramps last week.

--------------------
"Money is being taken from the competent and given to the incompetent."

Jim Rogers

mme
post Posted: Apr 23 2009, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Apr 23 2009, 10:00 AM

Sorry to holders!! Be down this road recently with another tree investment - direct investment not shares! devilsmiley.gif Three years on still no joy! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

How anyone could have promoted buying this recently given the recent information I read was beyond me - sorry fluff (as my first post suggested on TIM illustrated there was no way I was investing in this share!)

farmer fred
post Posted: Apr 23 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Sinner's post @ Apr 22 2009, 10:21 PM

Too late, voluntary administrators appointed. Wonder which one will be next, probably GTP though they have bought a bit of time with screwing their investors. Must be affecting GNS and FCL as well.

Sinner
post Posted: Apr 22 2009, 10:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: thejadsta's post @ Apr 22 2009, 06:44 PM

I am not a good seller of shares that have gone backwards, but I disagree with your comment about it not worth selling. From a tax perspective you can crystallise a loss (if that is your lot) in this FY by selling now. If TIM goes into administration, it could be one, two or three years before you can claim a loss. Of course, for that to be a benefit, you need some cap gains in need of offsetting....
I used to hold.

53 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING