Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

PBP, PROBIOTEC LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Sep 25 2019, 04:55 PM
  Quote Post

Last post 2010 !
Listed healthcare firm Probiotec was in front of fund managers on Wednesday, seeking to raise $10.5 million in growth capital.

The pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare manufacturer tapped Shaw and Partners to oversee the placement, with proceeds earmarked to pay for future acquisitions and reduce debt. The company also plans to use the fresh equity to help fund the purchase of pharmaceutical packaging company ABS in July for $23 million.

At the time, Probiotec managing director Wes Stringer said the deal would be largely funded from existing cash reserves, which were derived from Probiotec’s strategic sale of non-core assets over the past 12 months. These included the divestment of weight loss shakes maker Celebrity Slim to Global Brands Australia for $6.75 million cash, and the sale of its Gold Cross, David Craig and Skin Basics brands to Singapore’s iNova Pharmaceuticals, and its Impromy brand to Blackmores.

Seems a messy outfit.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

macduffy
post Posted: Feb 21 2010, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: anne's post @ Feb 21 2010, 10:34 AM

Hi Anne.

No, there's been nothing more about the foregiven loans which comprises such a large part of PBP's "profit".

Hard to understand how the company can announce this without comment, even more so that the listing rules appear to allow it without any query from the ASX. So I guess we know where we stand on this!

I wonder if the institutions who bought into the placement in September when the SP was around $2.70 are feeling now? Or have they already quit? I wasn't too happy about directors and management selling down their holdings at that time but could see how one could make a case for it in terms of broadening the shareholders base; diversification for the individuals involved etc.

The pity of it is that I think the company has a pretty sound and profitable business and must say that I've done well out of it in the time I've held. But confidence in management is paramount in my book!

unsure.gif

anne
post Posted: Feb 21 2010, 10:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Feb 18 2010, 11:18 AM

Hi MacDuffy

I also held PBP and noticed the loans forgiven entry.

I phoned th co. before the market opened to ask about it- but just got put through to voice mail. No-one ever did get back to me!

I decided they wer probably displaying a serious lack of integrity so decided to sell. But only managed to get out at $2.10 and $2.08.

Did you ever find out more about the forgiven loan thing?

I am getting very tired of having to read these profit reports line by line to discover the deception!

The share market can be a very dirty game when the economy turns a bit tough.

cheers Anne

macduffy
post Posted: Feb 18 2010, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Feb 18 2010, 05:23 AM

I didn't like the look of the interim result without the beneficial effect of the Forgiven Loan in Other Income, so I'm out of PBP.

Not the only one judging by the fall in the SP today. Would have thought that an item of this magnitude would have warranted some comment - but then that would have spoiled the upbeat tone of the commentary somewhat!

macduffy
post Posted: Feb 18 2010, 05:23 AM
  Quote Post

An impresive interim result from PBP yesterday - on the face of it - with NPAT increasing from $4.3m to $6.2m.

But what's this "Loans Foregiven" number of $4.089m included in "Other Income"?

And wouldn't the NPAT look very different without it?

huh.gif

macduffy
post Posted: Sep 24 2009, 06:23 AM
  Quote Post

Does anyone else share my concern that PBP have raised the very modest amount of $12m new capital by issuing shares to institutions in an underwritten issue at a discount of 5.25% ?

The "old" concept of a pro rata offer to the owners of a company seems to be going by the board. Of course, a pro rata issue doesn't allow directors and senior management to couple the issue with a sell down of their own holdings, as is the case here.

thumbdown.gif

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

whocareswc
post Posted: Aug 21 2009, 09:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Aug 20 2009, 03:16 PM

im loving PBP, just wish i bought more at $1.20 .. does anyone have an idea where the price will settle?

macduffy
post Posted: Aug 20 2009, 03:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Aug 20 2009, 02:45 PM

Probably the most impressive aspect of this result is that Probiotic's Gross Margin has increased to a heady 50.8%!

Can any company beat that?

smile.gif

macduffy
post Posted: Aug 20 2009, 02:45 PM
  Quote Post

PBP's NPAT up 41% in another strong performance.

SP up 15c today to $2-45.

cool.gif

whocareswc
post Posted: Dec 1 2008, 02:47 PM
  Quote Post

and it is still preforming well in this climate. cool.gif

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING