Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

COK, COCKATOO COAL LIMITED
OZGAZ
post Posted: Jan 15 2013, 07:39 PM
  Quote Post

Arty, if you are out there could you possibly do a chart for COK (Please !!) - I have noticed a recent increase in volume, buy depth looking solid and several days of gains. It could be nothing but being a TA dunce I was wondering what the chart may look like..

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------
Smile while TRADING it's only money... :)

OZGAZ
post Posted: Aug 1 2012, 05:26 AM
  Quote Post

The SP at these levels is ridiculous....despite a drop in commodity prices COK should not be flapping around sub 20 c. They are a producer that pulled in $30 mill last quarter, $97 mill in the bank, upgraded JORC resources and a just signed a 10 year haulage deal so they are not struggling...it drives me nuts when other ASX listed companies have SP's far greater than this and that's just on a sniff of something in the ground. The market just doesn't make sense lately...

Cheers

Ozgaz grrr.gif

I hold

--------------------

fab1
post Posted: Jul 11 2012, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Jul 10 2012, 06:27 PM

I think those "cash reserves" are actually part of the loan facility which matures in December - hence the need to raise funds by December.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20120423/pdf/425rskt073wmw1.pdf

--------------------
Never underestimate [color=green]how high a stock may rise[/color] and [color=red]how low a stock may fall[/color] - sentiment can be the cause of much euphoria and also great despair.

OZGAZ
post Posted: Jul 10 2012, 06:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: fab1's post @ Jul 7 2012, 03:15 PM

Fab1 - I found the following line in the announcement on 28 th June as regards the Wiggins Island Expansion 1 Port Capacity

Cockatoo has cash reserves of $105 million after meeting it's initial WEXP1 funding contribution

I could be a dummy here but that just about covers what is required for Baralaba expansion and the Woori development ?? that said your post of that funding required does have me nervous in this market....

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

fab1
post Posted: Jul 7 2012, 03:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Jul 7 2012, 11:57 AM

I said ... "Fund Raising" ... (which may or may not be new equity).
They may, for example, sell off partial tenements to other partners (as they have done in the past) to raise funds.
Either way, they will need to raise cash

I have a small holding, but will wait until it becomes clearer about how and when they are going to raise the cash, before I consider buying more.

--------------------
Never underestimate [color=green]how high a stock may rise[/color] and [color=red]how low a stock may fall[/color] - sentiment can be the cause of much euphoria and also great despair.

OZGAZ
post Posted: Jul 7 2012, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: fab1's post @ Jul 6 2012, 10:15 PM

Fab1 - Cap raising could be one avenue to pursue but there are others ways to raise that sort of cash and I would like to think that given what they produce/hold management should be savvy enough not to dilute the current shares on issue and tap other sources. Let's not also forget that with the SP at these levels they are also ripe for a takeover.....

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

fab1
post Posted: Jul 6 2012, 10:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Jul 6 2012, 09:46 PM

Not meant to be deliberately negative - just a realistic interpretation of why the share price remains suppressed/unloved.

Regarding the fund raising ...

With the withdrawal of the $313m equity placement proposal by SK Networks we
estimate that COK will need to fund about $70m from new equity or some
other cash source, for the development of the Baralaba expansion before
the end of December 2012, and similarly to fund about $50m from equity or
anther source before the end of 2014 for development of Woori.

http://www.cockatoocoal.com.au/tasks/sites...beat%281%29.pdf

--------------------

OZGAZ
post Posted: Jul 6 2012, 09:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 5 2012, 10:23 PM

Flower - Mrs Market is just a tongue in cheek expression relating to the volatility of the market - nothing more, nothing less just some light hearted banter. The rest of your commentary I agree with..

Fab1 -negative slant there mate. Yes coal prices along with other major commodities have taken a dive - doesn't mean there is no demand just a settling in the market from recent highs that are never sustainable. I highly doubt there will be a cap raising but just my opinion of course. I remain positive as COK is on track as per their vision..coal, and iron ore for that matter, still have a big market.

Cheers
Ozgaz

--------------------

fab1
post Posted: Jul 6 2012, 01:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Jul 5 2012, 09:00 PM

Its all been downhill since the Koreans bailed out

And the coal price has been downhill as well
http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CLSPAUNE:IND

I think everyone is waiting for the inevitable fund raising

http://www.cockatoocoal.com.au/tasks/sites...beat%281%29.pdf

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jul 5 2012, 10:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Jul 5 2012, 09:00 PM

I don't understand Mrs market sometimes Arty, two decent JORC increases over the past few weeks one would have thought reason enough to invest !! and this being on top of COK already being an established producer and holding decent tenements.

OZGAZ--let's clear up one point that's bugged me for years, the market is NOT gender specefic--the market is "the market"---nothing more nothing less.

There is NO understanding THIS market, the goal posts have been moved, there is no hope for a rational market when it is both run and supervised by computer driven volume seekers.

Sanity will come back some time when all the trick cyclists fall over themselves as Barclays Bank have done over the LIBOR rates scandal, we just have to maintain some faith, if for no other reason than to protect our super funds.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING