Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

DEG, DE GREY MINING LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Feb 7 2020, 04:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 6 2020, 09:44 PM

and DEG put on another 42% today

DGO kept the relativity going, with 16% rise.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 6 2020, 09:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jacsar's post @ Feb 6 2020, 07:37 PM

DGO Gold Ltd (DGO) up on the same announcement

DGO holds 12.1% (up from 10.7%) 0f DEG
So DGO only put on 24%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 6 2020, 08:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jacsar's post @ Feb 6 2020, 07:37 PM

you're right. It's on my watchlist (and b. useless just being there, too. Notional or hypothetical gain, urrgh)

although the Announcement header; 'Hemi confirms potential for major discovery" rings bells. Potential; meet notional. Notional; meet potential.

Shallow - good
wide and high grades - good
Aircore sampling - more work needed, folks

--------------------

jacsar
post Posted: Feb 6 2020, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

A fairly quiet day on DEG with modest turnover Last Price (AUD)
$0.095
Today's Change
Up$0.049 (106.52%) ...volume 173,889,748 shares

jacsar
post Posted: Apr 1 2018, 10:23 PM
  Quote Post

an update by D J Carmichle... Pilbara Conglomerate Gold
Novo and De Grey Mining refuelling interest in Pilbara gold....... https://3xrykok2fwe3ai4ps46fxq5p-wpengine.n...ld-DEG-NOVO.pdf

nipper
post Posted: Oct 5 2017, 06:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Oct 5 2017, 08:25 AM

Pertinent, triage, as ever, and definitely there's need to keep the BS antennae finely tuned. Personally, my involvement at present was to merely create a watchlist of ASX players - 3 of which exhibited 10+% moves today, both up and down. Also, quite a bit of opportunistic capital raising happening. As a rule, I'd never buy into a story that has recently jumped 5x; either I'd like to be already in, or sit and watch, or merely 'file but not forget'.

On "Witwatersrand reef equivalent", too early to say along the lines of 37% of all global gold is likely to be replicated, but the good Doctor said he recognised the geological environment of that province, and has spent a considerable time, decades, trying to find an equivalent. He makes a plausible case, though it is unlikely there would be two distinct locations that see the process through, over a timescale of close to three billion years, where the genesis of then subsequent tectonic, metamorphic, erosional and other forces would allow re-exposure close to the surface of extant accumulated gold in conglomerates, in widespread reef-like lithologies.

Clearly, someone is going to be right, and the current cash splash should throw up more understanding.

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

triage
post Posted: Oct 5 2017, 08:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 5 2017, 02:05 AM

Yep, thanks jascar for the links. smile.gif

Hmmm, a Canadian miner sprouting that it had come across a massive new gold province in a distant part of the world, where have I heard that before? I've done no research on any of the Pilbara gold claims but my first thought was that another Canadian miner, Bre-X Minerals, was able to become a $6b company on the back of stunning claims made about a gold discovery at the other end of the world for them (Indonesia). And look how that ended ... I see that Mark Creasy has invested in Novo and evidently he is no fool and is a local so he should not be as gullible as Canadian investors about claims made about WA but really? another Witwatersrand? Sure, they are finding gold nuggets there but there's lots of places in WA that has been shown to have gold.

Reminds me a bit of a presentation years ago by an oil junior (seem to recall it was NorthWest Energy but that may be wrong) raising money for some exploration off the coast of WA. The company made the outrageous claim that as the WA area had some geological link to the Persian Gulf it could possibly be as endowed as the Persian Gulf. Well yeah, possibly.

So yes an area of the Pilbara may be similar to some area in South Africa and sure there may be commercial levels of gold in places there but if indeed a third of all gold mined in history has come from the Witwatersrand then we are early days with Novo and co.

Having said all that, like nip I've got myself a project to study up on ... wink.gif

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 5 2017, 02:05 AM
  Quote Post

Thanks for the link, jacsar. Twenty two minutes and we'll worth it. I'm a convert, I'll take back my earlier view, definitely about Novo. They could really be on to something.

Need to read up more. Shame the YouTube posts aren't dated; or, I couldn't see that.

...and is there anything in WA that Mark Creasy doesn't hold 11% of?

--------------------

jacsar
post Posted: Oct 4 2017, 09:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jacsar's post @ Oct 4 2017, 08:49 PM

sorry I got his surname wrong, its Hennigh...here is a year old link explaining the theories re the conglomerate formations in the Pilbara... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H6aV7x3hEg

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  triage  

jacsar
post Posted: Oct 4 2017, 08:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 4 2017, 05:42 PM

the way of thinking re gold in the Pilbara has been turned on its head by Dr Quinton Henniger of Novo Resources..it appears to be the new Witwatersrand... https://thewest.com.au/business/markets/kir...g-ng-b88616336z and Sprott is in on the action

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING