Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

19 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TESLA, The Ambitions of Musk
nipper
post Posted: Sep 19 2020, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

22 Sept.... Battery Day

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2020/09/17/wil...at-battery-day/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 13 2020, 09:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 9 2020, 10:00 AM

And on the other side, there are a few cracks appearing in the Nikola fortress.
From Zero hedge

For example, we have been reporting on the unfolding battle between Nikola and short seller Hindenburg Research who, last week published a scathing (nearly 100 page) report calling the company an "intricate fraud" and comparing it to Theranos.

Nikola shares fell almost 25% over the last two trading days of the week last week after founder Trevor Milton failed to reassure the market about Hindenburg's claims of fake product launches and potentially deceiving both investors - and General Motors - that followed similar reporting from Bloomberg weeks ago. Naturally, Milton has been in damage control mode since Thursday when the report was released, but instead of refuting the claims has been repeatedly attacking the messenger(s), lashing out in profanity-laden tirades on his Instagram account (see here) and promising substantial responses via Twitter which have yet to come. On Friday morning the company "responded" likely by heeding the advice of its counsel and putting out a perfunctory 5 paragraph press release despite a prior promise of a detailed debunking.

But Milton has remained active on Twitter and, in a series of Tweets last night discussing the whereabouts of the clean energy guru's own gassed up private plane (which is being actively watched by some Twitter accounts), Milton comments: "Those are employees heading to Germany for the Nikola Tre trucks.. You know, the that were not suppose to exist according to the hit job. Lol. I'm in utah / Arizona for the weekend."

This midnight scramble could be a planned response to Hindenburg pointing out that Nikola's founder had claimed the trucks were already coming off the assembly line months ago. "We have five of them coming off the assembly line right now in Ulm Germany," Milton said on a podcast back in July 2020.

Nikola President Mark Russell also said on August 4 that the Nikola Tre trucks were “coming off the end of the facility at this
point.”But Hindenburg called the company's partner, Bosch, who reportedly told them: "No they are not ready yet. I don’t know exactly the year but we’re working on it."

Perhaps in an effort to debunk Bosch's comments, Milton apparently thought it wise to post pictures of what appear to be uncompleted Nikola Tre trucks still being built in a work area that looks nothing like an assembly line.
Regardless of the answers to these questions, Milton has also failed to simply outright deny some of the boldest claims in the Hindenburg report, including the claim that the company's Nikola One Semi Truck demonstration video was a non-working semi truck that was simply pushed down a hill in the desert.

In fact, when FT followed up with Nikola President Russell, he offered a resounding "no comment":

Perhaps it was all marketing hype after all.
Who woulda thunk it!

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 9 2020, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 9 2020, 09:26 AM

Teslas big fall on top of the last two days fall might be because of the realisation by pundits that Teslas path to glory may be getting a few hurdles placed in its way.
Nikola and its electric truck are well ahead of the tesla version, in that you can actually order and receive a Nikola truck.
Their mix of pure electric and hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles while not as big as the retail passenger side of Tesla, has made big inroads into the commercial fleet.
They have recently had an order fro 2500 electric waste collection trucks for republic services, with the option to go to 5,000 trucks.
They have now done a deal with GM to sub contract build its trucks. FromBusiness Insider
But on Tuesday, Nikola revealed it formed a partnership with General Motors. The biggest US automaker by sales said it would act as a contract manufacturer for the Nikola Badger pickup and contribute fuel-cell powertrain technology to Nikola’s heavy-freight truck. GM also took a $US2 billion equity stake in Nikola, echoing investments it has made in the self-driving startup Cruise and the ride-hailing company Lyft.

GM will build the Badger using a new EV platform and its Ultium battery technology, which it revealed at the beginning of 2020. (GM didn’t offer details on the plant that will get the vehicle, but production is slated for late 2022.)

“Avoiding building a factory saved us billions,” Nikola founder Trevor Milton said on a conference call with the media after the news was announced. “That was a big fear of ours. But now bam, we’re in production.”

They are also setting up a large hydrogen distribution network.
One of the advantages of the fuel cell is that the powertrain systems are exactly the same as a pure EV, but the Electricty is provided by a hydrogen burning fuel cell rather than batteries.
It takes a few minutes to refill the hydrogen cells versus a few hours at the EV pump.
Should be interesting in the future.
Look out or the the techos developing small standalone hydrogen production units.
One thing I take issue with in some of the sales pitch is the talk about zero emissions.
While Hydrogen is not one of the dreaded fossil fuels, when it "burns" and combines with oxygen to produce the power, the output is water, which given the temps being used, will likely be in the form of a gas, water vapour. Water vapour is a far more potent greenhouse gas than Co2.
Just sayin.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 9 2020, 09:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 5 2020, 09:49 AM

bit of a Tech Selloff happening on the market. Among the biggest losers: Tesla down 21%; Apple down 6.7%; Microsoft down 5.4%; Amazon down 4.4%; Facebook down4.1%.

The Tesla plunge was its biggest daily loss ever, according to Bloomberg, and reflected both GM making an investment in electric truck maker Nikola as well as investor disappointment with Tesla failing to be added to the S&P 500, a decision announced after the market closed on Friday in the US. Now some 33% below its high of just a few weeks ago.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 5 2020, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

Tesla fell back a little over 10% to below 400 overnight.
It might be because of the announcement last night from S& P global (who manage the members of the S7P index) of the rebalancing of companies into the DOW.
The anoouncement Full doc here, was surprising more for its omissions than its inclusions.
One of those not included, was TESLA, despite almost every expert expecting it to do so.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 31 2020, 08:50 AM
  Quote Post

I have never been a fan of Elon Musk, though I have to admire what he has done with Space x and to some extent the Tesla EV's.
I thought his ego driven foray into "helping" the cave bound kids in Thailand and then naming as "pedo" one of the cave divers who called out his stupidty was about as crass as Donald trump can get.
But his latest foray into medicine his most egregious fraud yet.

From Zero Hedge
[quote]
Elon Musk's Neuralink update presentation culminated on Friday when the company unveiled a "pig named Gertrude" that has supposedly had a coin-size computer chip in its brain for two months. Fast forward through a fancy display showing tiny dots and making beeping noises and we think it's clear - this is a chip that is doing - well, stuff.

Neuralink has said that it aims to "implant wireless brain-computer interfaces that include thousands of electrodes in the most complex human organ to help cure neurological conditions like Alzheimer's, dementia and spinal cord injuries and ultimately fuse humankind with artificial intelligence," according to Reuters.

Musk continued to tout that line of thinking, stating on Friday: "An implantable device can actually solve these problems."
It goes beyond cleaning up your carbon footprint and pulls at the emotional heartstrings of many who are suffering. Musk has claimed that Neuralink would eventually be able to "help cure neurological conditions like Alzheimer's, dementia and spinal cord injuries and ultimately fuse humankind with artificial intelligence".

This sent droves of desperate people looking for relief to Twitter, as was documented by the Twitter account @GretaMusk in a thread on Saturday. "It is literally everything," one person wrote. "I can't stop crying...it means help for my son."

Another wrote: "My daughter has Rett syndrome" and "I wonder if Neuralink could potentially help people like her." Others sought relief from PTSD, bi-polar disorder and lupus. /quote]

This about as bad as the fake god botherers who reckon they can heal the sick.

All those unfortunate people with nuerologcal conditions will be given false hopes , only to have them dashed again.

Mick
There is a

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 24 2020, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

From Advancing Time

Tesla's valuation seems a bit over the moon considering on Friday it closed for the second time over $2,000. With the stock at a whopping P/E ratio of 1,066 times earnings, Tesla sports a market cap of over 373 billion dollars. Those of us without a great love for Tesla or Elon Musk see this as the poster child of absurdity. By comparison, Volkswagen, which sold over 10 million vehicles last year has a market cap of $82 billion and auto giant Toyota around $218 billion. Simply put, Tesla’s market cap has risen 244% this year while the market cap of the industry, excluding Tesla, is down 17%.In normal times Tesla would most likely be a company only visible in the rear-view mirror. The value of Tesla's stock dramatically changed years ago following the report where it made its first quarterly profit, its market value soared to more than $10 billion. A large part of the increase in the stock price occurred because people that had short positions in the stock were squeezed into buying back their stock. This is something that has happened time and time again causing speculation that the company plays fast and loose with the numbers it reports.

Fast forward to today and we find that Tesla's recent rally pushed its market value has made it by far the most valuable automaker in history. It is impossible to deny that Tesla's stock has been on a hot streak, but not just lately, a year ago it traded for only $211 per share. The momentum has been infectious throughout the year and it took five trading sessions for Tesla stock to rally 40%. At Friday's high of $2,081.68, Tesla stock was up more than 51% in the last eight trading sessions.

Part of the recent surge has been contributed to an announced a 5-for-1 stock split. Over the last three months, Tesla stock is up more than 150%. From the March lows, shares are up an astounding 493%. If that feels too cherry-picked, just realize that Tesla is up 390% year-to-date and more than 800% over the past 12 months. Part of the irony surrounding Tesla's current high multiple market cap is that company could take or borrow five billion dollars to buy 100,000 of its own cars to destroy. This would increase sales sending profits and revenues even higher.

Loved that second last line, says it all.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 11:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 17 2020, 11:09 AM

yeah, I was thinking of cutting that out. There is a link about the assertion in the valuewalk article
Also, TSLA went for a 5 for 1 share split last week

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 17 2020, 10:17 AM

yeah, but apart from that he's a great bloke!
mick

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 17 2020, 10:07 AM

Strewth !!!!

- Elon Musk is a securities fraud-committing pathological liar.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

19 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING