Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

Reply to this topic

ISU, ISELECT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Nov 30 2019, 03:38 PM
  Quote Post

iSelect (ISU) 55c

Having churned through four CEOs since listing in 2013 and with a history of missing earnings guidance, the consumer comparison site does not exactly compare well itself as an investment.

But management is making more with less, with full-year earnings rebounding 64 percent to $11.1 million, despite revenue declining 16 percent to $150.7m. However a “small ebit loss” is forecast for the current half.

The decline in turnover resulted from management shedding unprofitable lines. A venture to distribute via shopping centre kiosks has also been abandoned.

Originally a health insurance comparison site, iSelect expanded into energy, telco and insurance plans and a home loans alliance with Australian Financial Group.

While consumers will go to comparison sites to compare anything from power bills to air fares, the sector is crowded and commissions are under pressure.

A point of intrigue with iSelect are the intentions of rival Compare the Market, which accounts for 22 per of the iSelect register via a related entity.

iSelect is being taken to court by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, which alleges the company’s energy plan comparisons were skewed by the commissions paid by the energy retailers.
- never understood the biz

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 6 2018, 08:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jun 6 2018, 07:39 PM

iSelect in play as rival storms up register

Predator Innovation Holdings Australia - which owns arch rival Compare the Market - is understood to have taken its iSelect stake to just south of 20 per cent, after picking up another big parcel of shares.

This time, sources said IHA was buying off Regal Funds Management in a trade handled by stockbroker Morgans at 80¢ a share. iSelect finished last week at 82¢.

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/iselect-in-...20180603-h10w5z

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 6 2018, 07:39 PM
  Quote Post

Strange looking chart. Seems the SP plunge in April was attributable to their ann advising

- trading through the last two weeks of March and the first three weeks of April, below company expectations:
- Revised FY18 underlying EBIT guidance - to be in the range between $8 million to $12 million (previously $26 million to $29 million), and that
- Scott Wilson has tendered his resignation as Managing Director & CEO of iSelect, effective immediately.

The subsequent rise at the end of May/early June was due to media speculation, prompting a response
iSelect Limited (ASX: ISU) refers to the recently lodged substantial holder notice by IHA Group (indicating
its 12.21% interest in the Company) and media speculation that a number of parties have expressed
interest in iSelect.

The Board is currently reviewing these approaches and assessing their merit. Shareholders should note
that there is no certainty that a transaction will result from these preliminary proposals.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

arty
post Posted: Oct 14 2013, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 14 2013, 01:10 PM

hmm - that break came sooner than I'd expected.

Attached Image

If it holds above $1.35, I'll add some more. (just to compensate for the annoyance of their ads devilsmiley.gif )

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Oct 14 2013, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Oct 14 2013, 12:46 PM

Listed on the 24th of June, iSelect have to compete a furry little meerkat and find the going tough.
(I reckon both companies' TV ads are obnoxious enough to give the Mute button a work-out.)

That's why I was rather surprised when ISU popped out of today's Trinity scan.

Attached Image

However, in the absence of any meaningful data history that would give me a hint about reliability or otherwise of this kind of signals, I reckon I'll sit this one out for now. May keep it on watch though; you never know ...

Alert set for break above $1.32.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Oct 14 2013, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

Added by request;

ISU - ISELECT LIMITED

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING