Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

SRV, SERVCORP LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 24 2019, 12:48 PM
  Quote Post

Extract from AFR article - Why the best performing hedge fund is selling
One stock they are not selling is SRV according to this
Among the positions LHC has added to are its holdings of Servcorp, which provides workspace and IT solutions in 54 cities worldwide.

The fund concluded that its extensive $50 million refurbishment program has weighed on occupancy rates, and consequently its share price, but it is now positioned to benefit from that spending.

"Whilst SRV has recently bounced off its 52 week lows, British competitor IWG plc trades at all time highs.

read more - https://www.afr.com/business/banking-and-fi...20190723-p529t2
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=srv
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

daggie
post Posted: Jan 14 2013, 03:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 14 2013, 02:49 PM

Dear Arty , I wish I had millions of SRV, instead it is only lousy 4000. Your comments are appreciated and will keep an eye on the situation. It is a very illiquid stock, quite funny and their business is not easily understood and because I am not sure that I understand it well, I am intending to sell now that I am near my purchase price 3 years ago. OK, ok, I can already hear you: "if you don't understand something, don't go near it" - and of course you are right like in most cases. Wish you all the best and thanks again.

arty
post Posted: Jan 14 2013, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: daggie's post @ Jan 14 2013, 02:11 PM

"The impossible we do at once.
Miracles take a little longer."

Just make sure you keep watching SRV because I don't and therefore may not notice any signal of a likely change.
Based on today's Daily chart, my trailing stop alert would sit at $3.60 (Close Below basis). But that will change as early as tomorrow, depending on the daily trading patterns. I'd also keep an eye on daily volumes to make sure there are sufficient bids to absorb the number of shares I'd intend to sell.
May I assume that you don't hold Millions? wink.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

daggie
post Posted: Jan 14 2013, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 14 2013, 02:04 PM

Wow, you have answered my question with a supersonic speed, many thanks Arty. Will sit and wait.

arty
post Posted: Jan 14 2013, 02:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: daggie's post @ Jan 14 2013, 01:28 PM

Hi Daggie,
what's the reason you think about selling at this stage? It's at the highest it's been in years.
But it's been rising for weeks, and last September was also a series of new Highs.

Attached Image

Now, if I assume you hold for over 3 years and are down around $250, I'll have to ask In what way will your situation influence the future direction of SRV? The Market doesn't give a hoot about what you paid. The real question the Market is asking is "Are there more buyers ot more sellers?" Right now, it looks to me a case of the former. Until I see something in the chart that makes me think it's about to change, I would definitely sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Nick1970  

daggie
post Posted: Jan 14 2013, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

Hello Arty, if you do happen to be looking at the SS, would you be kind enough to post a chart. I am tempting to sell, today the SP is the highest in one year time.
I only would be loosing around $250, but had recovered it in the past dividends. Of course, if I sell, I miss a divvy 1/3/ at 7.5c. Catch 22, itsn't it???

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Damon22
post Posted: Nov 18 2007, 09:36 PM
  Quote Post

You bear more than a passing resemblance to me, cognitive. Causes me some cognitive dissonance. ohmy.gif

cognitive
post Posted: Nov 18 2007, 03:44 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: toilet on Sunday 29/08/04 05:06pm

nearly 4 years later.... I am interested in Servcorp!

smile.gif

toilet
post Posted: Aug 29 2004, 05:06 PM
  Quote Post

nothing interesting
told u's when it was $1.90 and now its $2.35
i think theres more to come too.
nice results out.

toilet
post Posted: Jun 11 2004, 12:30 AM
  Quote Post

Come on surely there must be someone else out there
that is interested in Servcorp !
Am i right ?!

dont be affraid to share !!

its only free discussion!!

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING