Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

77 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TAP, TAP OIL LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: May 21 2018, 03:22 PM
  Quote Post

Manora-8 well spuds
Tap Oil Limited (Tap Oil) refers to the announcement dated 7 May 2018 and advises that
Manora-8 well spudded at 23:00 on 20 May 2018.

The primary objective of the Manora-8 well is to explore for hydrocarbons in the 600 series
sands that are the primary producing sands in Manora. The well targets a 3-way dip closure
of the Manora Footwall A prospect in the upthrown (footwall) side west of the Manora
Central block.

The planned TD of the well is 6,420ft TVDSS.

Thai tycoon Chatchai Yenbamroong rejects Risco bid for Tap oil
Peter WilliamsThe West Australian

“The offer appears opportunistically timed to take advantage of a rising oil price environment, as well as a potentially significant drilling campaign at the Manora oil field,” independent director Damon Neaves said in a letter to shareholders.

“Risco already holds a 25.1 per cent interest in the shares of Tap Oil, and is seeking to gain control of Tap Oil by paying a low control premium relative to recent comparable transactions.”

https://thewest.com.au/business/energy/thai...l-ng-b88840220z
https://www.businessnews.com.au/article/Tap...ts-30m-takeover

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

wren
post Posted: Mar 3 2015, 02:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Jun 10 2014, 03:56 PM

TAP down 10% to a new 15 year (yep,that's years) low.

flower
post Posted: Jun 10 2014, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 10 2014, 03:26 PM

Trouble is arty--the usefulness in comparing the SP of any stock 15 years ago to that of today and then drawing conclusions, it's not very likely that anybody would have bought TAP as a 15 year dividend paying investment.

Might be different if one was discussing a Bank or Telstra, resource companies live or die on the quality of their oil wells, the grade of their gold produced etc etc, BHP/RIO/WPL included, and the quality of their day to day management, nothing remains static in the life of TAP, nor did it in the case of DIP all those years ago, and doesn't today in the life of CVN, one has to be prepared to go with the Fundamental flow or do as you do generally trade short term on the charts in front of you, management is an important piece of the jigsaw, but only one piece albeit a vital piece.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

wren
post Posted: Jun 10 2014, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 10 2014, 03:26 PM

OK,TAP was 60 cents 15 years ago and is 44.5 today!Suppose there are a few worse,but they don't come to mind.(well I guess they're still listed)

arty
post Posted: Jun 10 2014, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Jun 10 2014, 02:57 PM

Which TAP are you looking at?
My chart has TAP at 44.5c sad.gif ... not really a "darling", is it?

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

wren
post Posted: Jun 10 2014, 02:57 PM
  Quote Post

Been looking at stocks which are 'forum darlings'.A post today suggested that being involved as an Executive or whatever was a great recommendation.Let's look at the facts:in 1999 the s.p. of TAP was 60 cents.Today,a mere 15 years later,the s.p. is........60 cents.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

arty
post Posted: Jul 10 2013, 02:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Jul 10 2013, 02:14 PM

I hope you didn't punt at 12:15, wren sadsmiley02.gif
Not sure what the announcement was, but the market didn't like it at all by the looks of this:

Attached Image

PS: Starfish: "no movable hydrocarbons"; "plugged and abandoned". Dreadful words. No wonder a dreadful reaction ensued.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mjwk
post Posted: Jul 10 2013, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Jul 10 2013, 02:14 PM

G'day Wren, still in a down trend IMO. Lets see if 44 holds. PCL could be a better punt.... please DYOR.

R/ Mick

--------------------
[font="Arial Black"]Flatout.[/font]

wren
post Posted: Jul 10 2013, 02:14 PM
  Quote Post

From a T A perspective,TAP now has a favourable chart pattern.There are worse punts around.

OZGAZ
post Posted: Apr 25 2013, 08:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 24 2013, 06:56 PM

Flower, have held TAP for a few days now...second time around after taking some recent profit and re-entering at further lows. Like the story and happy to hold for a while...but, maybe trade a few as well...!

Cheers
Ozgaz

--------------------
Smile while TRADING it's only money... :)

77 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING