Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

24 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Gold in AUD, GOLD.AX, PMDS and Australian issues
nipper
post Posted: Feb 1 2020, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 1 2020, 03:20 PM

noticed that. Swollen digit?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 1 2020, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 1 2020, 09:49 AM

Oops that should read 2373. Not good to knock a 100 off the pog.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 1 2020, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

Gold shot up last night, and AUD fell, so gold in AUD up to 2273.
Should be good open come monday for gold stocks.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 27 2020, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 6 2019, 05:30 AM

Gold sitting at $2327 an ounce.
For those who don't sell forward or have a small book compared to production, should be good for gold producers.
Expect further increases as the rotorvirus in China panics people into buying gold etc.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 6 2019, 05:30 AM
  Quote Post

Gold hit a record in Australian dollars on Tuesday of $2288 an ounce...
Three months ago the market cap of the ETF with the ASX code GOLD was around the $650 million mark, on Monday it passed through the billion-dollar mark, making it the 14th Australian ETF to do so.

Gold has blitzed the Australian equity market in 2019, rising 25 per cent since January 1 compared with the broader market’s 18 per cent over the same period.

Mr Walesby said gold came into its own in times of uncertainty and he expected the price still had some way to run.

The $350 million rise in the value of the vehicle was equivalent to 2.5 tonnes of gold, according to ETFS.

Buyers of ETFS Gold are typically retail investors, with many parcels of shares controlled by wealth managers and stockbrokers.

There are around 16,800 individual unit holders of ETFS Gold.

ETFS Physical Gold was listed in 2003 as a means for investors to gain exposure to the store of value via the Australian Stock Exchange.

Units in the fund are backed by physical gold bars held in a London vault owned by HSBC and audited twice a year. Investors are charged 0.4 per cent per annum.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 10 2019, 01:32 PM
  Quote Post

Perth Mint Gold (ASX CODE: PMGOLD) is a right to gold created by The Perth Mint, which gives investors the ability to purchase Government-backed gold via the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).

PMGOLD suits investors who prefer to manage their gold investment within their stockbroking account along with their ASX-listed equities and other holdings.

About Perth Mint Gold
The ASX price of PMGOLD is intended to track the international spot price of gold in Australian dollars. PMGOLD has a number of features that make it attractive to investors, including:

Government guaranteed. PMGOLD is issued by Gold Corporation (trading as The Perth Mint), a statutory authority of the Government of Western Australia. The liabilities of Gold Corporation, including its obligations to PMGOLD investors, are guaranteed under section 22 of the Gold Corporation Act 1987, an Act of the Western Australian Parliament.

Physically redeemable. Unlike many gold exchange traded products, PMGOLD can be physically redeemed for any of The Perth Mint’s bullion coins and bars.

Fully backed. Holdings secured on behalf of investors in PMGOLD are fully underpinned by government-backed gold, which is safeguarded in The Perth Mint’s central bank grade vaults.

Low management fee. PMGOLD’s management fee is just 0.15%, one of the lowest fees worldwide for a gold exchange traded product.

Highly liquid. The Perth Mint, via its market making agents, ensures PMGOLD tracks the international spot price of gold by maintaining bid and offer prices and volume on the ASX at all times, in accordance with ASX rules.

- is there a catch?

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: Aug 7 2019, 05:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 7 2019, 04:03 PM

rein it in?

Or, horse throws U, then get back on??

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 7 2019, 04:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 2 2019, 09:25 PM

Had my biggest ever one day gain today.
Thanks to gold and silver.
2200 an ounce now.
Still riding this thing up.
Officially scared.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 2 2019, 09:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Aug 2 2019, 07:23 PM

Still on the horse. Its galloping too fast foe me get off.
Need a canter.
Mick

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Aug 2 2019, 07:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 2 2019, 11:00 AM

You still on the horse, Mick? Looks someone's been slipping a bit of elephant juice into its feed bin of late.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

24 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING