Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SBN, SUN BIOMEDICAL LIMITED
cajee21
post Posted: Dec 1 2009, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Nov 30 2009, 04:10 PM

Look, Plastic...the Chinese had their hands, and possibly still do have their hands on it. Mike Fitzpatrick is/was the largest shareholder...head of the AFL...ex director of Rio Tinto...influential person...he couldn't do anything with it other than put in that dud Hallam.
The police in various countries experimented with it, but didn't buy it. So why would I even think that this is going anywhere?
The money I lost investing in this company has been made up fourfold by the mining sector. I am staying in the mining sector, with the exception of topping up my super fund with some quick profit taking in the industrials.

Do your self a favour. Take your money and stick it into some bluechips, and buy/sell...buy/sell...and watch your money grow.

Don't give this dog another bone. And please take this as friendly advice intended for the protection of your hard earned!

plastic
post Posted: Nov 30 2009, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

they don't have anyhting left to sell except the IP.

That is the whole point! What value is the IP?

If it is patent protected then somebody will want to pay for it if there is a market for it. Drug testing drivers, employees sportsmen and women and Andre Agassi has a demand quotient.

So what value does that carry? Certainly more than it does today.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

cajee21
post Posted: Nov 30 2009, 03:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Nov 23 2009, 10:26 AM

So what! Plenty of companise have had rights issues oversubscribed.
What do I really think? I will definately not get sucked into this. They may have changed the management, but they don't have anyhting left to sell except the IP.
Good Luck going forward.

plastic
post Posted: Nov 23 2009, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

Rights issue oversubscribed.

What do you say to that cajee?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 15 2009, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

I have to agree. wink.gif

--------------------

twoeasy
post Posted: Nov 15 2009, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Nov 15 2009, 10:38 AM

From memory, the right to on sell those rights ended on last Thursday. So they no longer exist to be sold.
SOMEONE is continuing to buy as many shares and rights as they can get their hands on. So, as for my rights, I am going to take them up and see where the ride takes me. I can't believe that someone would continue to dump hundreds of thousands of $ into this if they didn't have other plans ALREADY in motion for our sbn. As an original investor, my ONLY option is to buy again and hope to average down, on the shirttails of this NEW money.
Should make for an interesting ride!

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

plastic
post Posted: Nov 15 2009, 10:38 AM
  Quote Post

Anyone got any ideas about what I should do with my rights? Sell or convert?

--------------------

monhawks
post Posted: Oct 21 2009, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: twoeasy's post @ Oct 21 2009, 12:30 PM

I'm thinking if you don't participate now you're effectively halving what you already have. I'm in the same boat being a long term investor here with an average around 1.5c and I'll most likely buy more in the issue. I think the only chance we have of getting back some money is by buying more at .01c and hoping the new investors and management can move the company forward along with the sp.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: twoeasy  

twoeasy
post Posted: Oct 21 2009, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Oct 21 2009, 09:40 AM

Forgive my ignorance.
Can you explain the difference between renounceable and non renounceable shares means exactly. Also how would that effect these shares with a company like sbn, at this stage of the game.
It would appear as a shareholder who has held on for all this time and averaged down to 1c, that I might not have any choice but to purchase more to average down. I know it is a big punt but do I take a big hit now or go along for the ride in the hope of movement north. Everyone wrote it off and got out at .002 and yet today it hit .005 I suppose only time and money will tell.
Thanks.

plastic
post Posted: Oct 21 2009, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

Renounceable rights issue. Thats a turn. Nearly every other rights issue in the biotech sector has been non-renounceable. They must be confident of poor uptake. Personally I think this is going to be another PRR.

--------------------

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING