Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Trader Dealer, System Status / General Discussion
mistagear
post Posted: Apr 10 2012, 09:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mpl's post @ Mar 29 2012, 06:39 PM

MPL,
Thanks for mentioning.
Have opened a live data a/c with eSignal, will try for a couple of months and see if I like it. Am plugging the data into a 3rd party charting platform for both ASX stocks and US Futures.
Have used the Ninjatrader Platform for a number of years for futures, so already accustomed to the appearance of the charts.
This should make the move away from familiar charts easier.
MDS have never been known for fixing bugs and the latest version offered is far from perfect as yet, the latest offering has removed much of the info I rely upon to trade and the additional features I already had access to via my Broker.

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

flower
post Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 10 2012, 07:35 PM

Have you tried capitalising the letters in your password?

Just tried on both PC's--no go. Will talk to support. Thanks for all your efforts.

My next step is to call in my PC doctor, any brief tips on what I should instruct him to do/ look out for?--he is very good, supplied my current PC with modifications as per specific instructions!--am on fast ADSL 100.0Mbps--- whatever that means.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 10 2012, 07:16 PM

Have you tried capitalising the letters in your password?

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 10 2012, 12:34 PM

arty--have you got any "magic" links? Tried to acess via another of the "bosses" PC's same answer-- can acess site but cannot log in. Strange since I have had no problems until yesterday. Support no go either, but there is always tomorrow, at least I have live data and a chart service of sorts.
Can't believe I am the only one affected.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Apr 10 2012, 12:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 10 2012, 11:50 AM

No problem here; have posted this morning and just read Mushy's comments.
If it doesn't work for you, I honestly suspect there's something wrong with your computer. Visited any "unsafe" sites lately?

Otherwise, you've got TD's phone number; keep it in the family.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Apr 10 2012, 11:50 AM
  Quote Post

Any body tried to access the MDS forum today?---IMHO this is near vital at the moment for those of us trying to get heads around the new MA7, have tried several times but when it does open it is in a totally different format, but simply won't work after initial spurt.

Anybody any suggestions?

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

arty
post Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

This morning, I made an accidental discovery, which represents one big improvement over the old MA Pro:

We just had a full-size telephone outage. Power no problem, but Telstra dropped the copper in our suburb.
After 20 minutes, they had noticed and reconnected us.

MA 7 resumed where it had been so rudely interrupted. All screens updated. No "Stale Data". No need to close and restart.

--------------------

mpl
post Posted: Mar 29 2012, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Mar 29 2012, 06:30 PM

Hi Mista

E Signal is my Platform for anything relateing to O/S & Futures.

Never has it failed in 6 years of Use. Bit Expensive depending on the exchange rate, As you pay for it in USD.

I will keep MA7 for now, But it is totaly useless for anything much except OZ Market.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mistagear  

mistagear
post Posted: Mar 29 2012, 06:30 PM
  Quote Post

I'm now looking for a new platform.
I already had Iress platform, so no advantage gained there.
As far as intra scan is concerned, some scan criteria is corrupted by including intra data, so disadvantages may equal advantages.
From a housekeeping point of view, it makes my bottom toolbar far more crowded and is less user friendly when navigating between MDS and other platforms.
As with many new versions on any program, new problems occur and so far MDS support have already spent hours attempting to fix bugs which I and other customers have encountered. I have certainly not found it to be bulletproof, so far
My biggest problem is the lack of Index intra day volume data,both Aust and International markets, which is no longer included in the new version.
Scrolling watchlists remains a problem plus few other annoying glitches.
Best I can say is, it loads charts a little quicker and sure, Iress data is delivered reliably
Anyhow, I know of other long standing MDS clients looking for an alternative, after well over a decade of using MDS, I'm seriously looking for a better alternative

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

flower
post Posted: Mar 29 2012, 04:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mpl's post @ Mar 29 2012, 12:28 PM

4 Weeks & Counting. Download takes 5 Mins. This will leave you 4 weeks minus 5 Mins to get used to it.

5 minutes? If only that were true.

Took the plunge this am, but used mds support who took control of my PC, it took their operator nearly 45 minutes to transfer everything necessary, and then we had a problem with Java, which meant a Java update/download, and the whole MA7 was repeated.

Got MA6 and 7 running in tandem, eyes are crossed, but something to play with and try and get my head around.

--------------------

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING