Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Bell Potter Securities, System Status / General Discussion
JohnandVal
post Posted: Dec 7 2012, 04:35 PM
  Quote Post

Folks - I'm getting very tired of Bell's charts being unable to display the latest closing price. OHL and volume seem current, but the "closing" price is a day older. Real nuisance in the mornings when trying to plan the day. I've pointed it out to Bell who simply told me there had been a problem with a few stocks but now fixed. Seems to me it's ALL stocks and nothing's fixed. I've again drawn it to their attention, but no response.

Is it just me or are others experiencing this too?

Cheers

John

Titl
post Posted: May 12 2010, 08:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crystal's post @ May 12 2010, 04:14 PM

I had a small problem this afternoon as well. Mid afternoon the site froze but only for about 5 minutes or so and no harm done.

I have previously been with eTrade and still have accounts with Commsec - the performance of these platforms have made me more than happy with Bell despite minor issues.

Cheers ....... Alan

healyn
post Posted: May 12 2010, 06:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crystal's post @ May 12 2010, 04:14 PM

Apologies for delay in replying, but have you e-mailed Bell with your complaint. They are usually very good with their replies.
Also you problem may lie with the latest lot of MS updates that arrived today.

Cheers
H

--------------------
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

crystal
post Posted: May 12 2010, 04:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: healyn's post @ Apr 6 2010, 03:03 PM

hi healyn

i had more trouble with bell direct this afternoon ,couldnt get any research on NAV ,and then it froze at 4.10

laugh.gif

mick

healyn
post Posted: Apr 6 2010, 08:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JohnandVal's post @ Apr 6 2010, 08:06 PM

Bell has not bothered to reply to me. I use Maxthon and Bell have my history of what I am using from my previous difficulties many months ago.
I have in the past been an ardent supporter of their platform but over the last six months or so their service has deteriated to the point where I am about to go elsewhere.

--------------------

JohnandVal
post Posted: Apr 6 2010, 08:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: healyn's post @ Apr 6 2010, 03:03 PM

Healyn,

I've had a response from Bell seeking additional info. One possibility has occurred to me - Are you using Firefox as your browser?? I am and it may be that the Bell site is not Firefox friendly. Very much a long shot since the problems seem pretty closely correlated with what I'd expect to be peak usage times.

Cheers

John

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

healyn
post Posted: Apr 6 2010, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JohnandVal's post @ Apr 6 2010, 02:00 PM

Here we go again. 1 hour before close. I've set my clock as to when Bell slows down for the past couple of weeks. They better fix it or I am out. Nearly lost a trade this morning because of their "system unavailable" crap.

--------------------

JohnandVal
post Posted: Apr 6 2010, 02:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: healyn's post @ Apr 6 2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks Healyn. I've just sent them a nastygram too. My impression is that they have been too successful in attracting clients and have overlooked the fact that their computing capacity must be increased to match the client base. The present service is simply unacceptable. Cheap brokerage is no compensation for the opportunities lost through inadequate systems. Why are we paying for data that too often we can't even access at critical times?

healyn
post Posted: Apr 6 2010, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JohnandVal's post @ Apr 6 2010, 10:21 AM

Not just you. Just sent a terse e-mail to them about their service exactly as you described. I will be leaving them if it does not improve. They used to be good, everything worked now and for the last few weeks..............................crap.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: JohnandVal  

JohnandVal
post Posted: Apr 6 2010, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

Slow/dead website

Anyone else having trouble with slow response from the Bell site? When busy it simply doesn't cope, to the extent of locking up when refreshing. Popout screens seem to be the worst, though everything seems to grind to a halt at especially busy times. Try a fresh login and can't even get a response from the login screen.

Is it just me? Bell is the only site I use giving this sort of trouble. The guaranteed 2 seconds to place an order doesn't mean much when you can't even log on, let alone get a quote!

Cheers
John

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING