Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

32 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CIM, CIMIC GROUP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 06:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 31 2019, 08:20 PM

Leightons acquired John Holland in 2000

Leightons was subject to Cimic creeping acquisition for about a decade. Rebranded as Cimic but still listed with a small free-float

Cimic is a multi-headed beast - also now owns UGL, Theiss and Sedgman (among many others).

Basically, its either Cimic or the bush. LendLease give it a run, plus other European and Asian contractors moving in because of the infrastructure spend. Typical multinational behaviour, but then with the size of projects these days, the balance sheet needs to be correspondingly large (no one ever got fired for buying IBM)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 31 2019, 08:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 31 2019, 06:14 PM

LEI /CIMIC?? unsure.gif

why i had {john holland ] is the former LEI[ it is a parent Co.] in my mind??

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 31 2019, 06:14 PM
  Quote Post

LEI is now Cimic Group Ltd - ASX code CIM. LEI/CIM get a mention in this article

Monaco rich-listers plead guilty to bribery, corruption after media exposure

Unaoil was used as a middle-man by some of the world's best-known companies such as Rolls Royce, Hyundai, Samsung and Halliburton to win lucrative oil and gas contracts. Prominent Australian company Leighton, now called CIMIC, paid millions of dollars in commission payments to Unaoil after allegedly corrupting the tender process for oil pipeline contracts in Iraq. An Australian Federal Police investigation into Leighton's Unaoil dealings remains ongoing.

Australian investigators continue to build a case against former Leighton executives and the company. The US guilty pleas by the Ahsanis may now assist the Australian investigation into Leighton and several former executives. One of the architects of Leighton's success in Iraq, former Unaoil manager, Basil Al Jarah pleaded guilty earlier this year to bribery charges in separate action brought by the United Kingdom's Serious Fraud Office.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/monaco-rich...031-p5362m.html

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=cim
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

alonso
post Posted: Apr 20 2016, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 19 2016, 01:23 PM

Beats me why they still get the lion's share of the big contracts, given their dubious history and their Spanish ownership.
Surely there are other, more Australian-owned companies, that should not be passed over. After all, once the contracts are secured they are mostly farmed out to a long line of sub-contractors of varying size.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: Apr 19 2016, 01:23 PM
  Quote Post

now 70% owned by the Spaniards. Trading as Cimic (CIM)

Performance hurdles for CIMIC's new executive bonus scheme have been labelled "absurd" and not in keeping with Australian corporate governance standards ahead of the contractor's annual general meeting on Thursday.

Spanish-controlled CIMIC's deputy chief executive Adolfo Valderas Martinez and chief financial officer Angel Muriel have been granted options vesting in October 2017 that will give them one share for each option if they pay an exercise price of $27.53.

Chief executive Marcelino Fernandez Verdes is not part of the new incentive plan, because he can already cash in oa a scheme currently worth $21.8 million and potentially worth up to $38.7 million.

La ocasión hace al ladrón
La oportunidad hace al delincuente

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

tissel
post Posted: Oct 3 2013, 09:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Oct 3 2013, 01:28 PM

From the early 1960 dealing with company's in certain areas , companies around the world had to offer, a free lunch plus plus plus to be included in tenders or stand a chance of business ... British Leyland Come to mind , good to hear LEI. Has wheeler dealers will buy into the company forthwith Get real guys

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mrbear
post Posted: Oct 3 2013, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 3 2013, 11:01 AM

The company is rubbish arty,take my advice and leave them alone and my advice is not based on technical observation,cheers mrbear

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

batikit
post Posted: Oct 3 2013, 01:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 3 2013, 11:01 AM

i think this allegation wont impact lei earnings
most ppl involved have left already

wortg a punt?

arty
post Posted: Oct 3 2013, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Sep 14 2013, 11:17 AM

next support : 18.8, 18.5, 17.5

Technically correct, but it took another press beat-up by Fairfax to make it happen.

Attached Image

Could present a decent buying opportunity at these levels.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

batikit
post Posted: Sep 14 2013, 11:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Aug 31 2013, 10:45 PM

RSI says overbought - off for now

LEI is still bullish, but i think its time for a healthy pull back now .

next support : 18.8, 18.5, 17.5
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

32 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING