Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

GRR, GRANGE RESOURCES LIMITED
bam_bamm
post Posted: Oct 20 2014, 08:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Oct 18 2014, 05:04 PM

I didnt think the costs were that high. I'll have to do some further digging.
I'll get back to you if I find anything

--------------------

mercury
post Posted: Oct 18 2014, 05:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Oct 17 2014, 11:58 AM

Yes financially safe....but , according to a previous chart indicating costs....(which the presso didn't tell) the sales at 103$ is just 5 $ over cost to produce (it was charted at 98$ but I don't know what that all entailed) .
Now I am not trying to downramp. In fact I would like some discussion so that I can get my head around their real costs.
In 2012 the cash costs were around 112$ per ton. Then some remediation was necessary at savage river and the costs escalated to 118$ per ton. Now , they have cut expenditures where they can....and I would like to know the cash costs. In fact I would really like to know how they added 30 million into the kittly, if the sales costs of $112 are applied. The cash costs must have dropped some.
I figure that 835,000 tones of product at a 30 million profit is 35$ profit per tonne....which means cash costs would have to drop from 112 to 77 $ per tonne. (not likely)

bamm bamm can you help here.?

thanks
Merc

bam_bamm
post Posted: Oct 17 2014, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

Have been in and out of GRR successfully over the years. ("in and out" reminds me of a joke about a couple of ducks, one named puddles..)

Quarterly released today, indicates that GRR is currently below cash backing. And they have a lot of quality pellets ready to be sold too.

I wonder if management are thinking of recommencing dividends? Anyone else watching GRR?

--------------------

macduffy
post Posted: Jan 20 2014, 12:48 PM
  Quote Post

From FN Arena - if anyone's interested in GRR these days:

[/size]Macquarie ratesGRR as Outperform (1) - December quarter production was strong, aided by arecovery in grades and improved pellet premium. Macquarie notes the recovery atSavage River was faster than anticipated and 2014 production expectations havebeen upgraded.

The company is generating free cash flow at arate that, if maintained, could allow the cash balance to exceed current marketcapitalisation in less than a year, in Macquarie's estimation. Hence, thebroker believes there's upside risk to the 2c dividend forecasts, with the fullyear earnings to be released in late February.

The Outperform rating is maintained and the pricetarget is raised to 33c from 30c.

Target price is $0.33 Current Price is $0.24Difference: $0.09 If GRR meets the Macquarie target it will returnapproximately 38% (excluding dividends, fees and charges).

The company's fiscal year ends in December.Macquarie forecasts a full year FY13 dividend of 2.00 cents and EPS of 2.10cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 8.33%.

At the last closing share price the stock'sestimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 11.43.

Market Sentiment: 0.7

How do these forecasts compare to marketconsensus projections?

Current consensus EPS estimate is 3.4, implyingannual growth of 9.3%.Current consensus DPS estimate is 2.7, implying aprospective dividend yield of 11.1%.Current consensus price target is $ 0.30,suggesting upside of 23.6%(ex-dividends).Current consensus EPS estimatesuggests the PER is 7.1.

All consensus data are updated until yesterday.FNArena's consensus calculations require a minimum of three sources

[size="3"]

macduffy
post Posted: Jan 17 2014, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

Another strong quarter from this unloved, overlooked iron ore miner.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140117/pdf/42m55x81dng8jz.pdf

Yes, I hold a few.

cool.gif

mercury
post Posted: Aug 13 2013, 08:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Aug 13 2013, 06:13 AM

yeah you are right. I was overdoing it. But yes, I agree with you.....not much chance of it progressing without a few upticks in price and stability in economies....and a few iron ore potential producers shutting down. I feel that companies like SDL, should they ever get going, those kind of projects make GRRs project less likely.

Merc

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

macduffy
post Posted: Aug 13 2013, 06:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Aug 13 2013, 03:26 AM

No, not dead in the water - but definitely on the backburner meanwhile!

sad.gif

mercury
post Posted: Aug 13 2013, 03:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Aug 12 2013, 09:49 AM

just my thoughts.

Since the overall supposition is that iron ore will not rise to dizzy heights, but there will be an over supply in the future....I think that Southdown is dead in the water.

merc

bam_bamm
post Posted: Aug 12 2013, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Jul 25 2013, 07:09 AM

I've had to rethink my thoughts on the possibility of a dividend, considering the announcement made on friday lol.
Looks like more gains to come this morning too

Volume was high late last week. What are the chances of something being announced re Southdown??

One to keep an eye on imo.

--------------------

macduffy
post Posted: Jul 25 2013, 07:09 AM
  Quote Post

A pretty good quarterly from GRR, all things considered. Now getting a bit of a tail wind from a weaker AUD, high quality ore and solid balance sheet.

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130724/pdf/42h73lthjtx2km.pdf

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING