Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1567 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
early birds
post Posted: May 9 2019, 09:18 PM
  Quote Post

Friday tomorrow-----last date of trade talks between US and China

don't hold large position to it. long or short.
next Monday we will know all about it do we???? lmaosmiley.gif
on wall street ---they say " trump's tweet is worse than inside trading" i kinda agree with them. .......... lmaosmiley.gif .......... hay!! where is FBI???

early birds
post Posted: May 6 2019, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

morning guys

i always worried about this could happen, and i this is what i wake up to this morning
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/05/traders-bra...iff-threat.html

but from TA point of view there isn't end of world yet.
if bulls can hold s&p500 at 2870ish, then uptrend still intact for short term. if it gives away, then look down imho.

for our market asx200 would be nasty today i guess

nipper
post Posted: May 3 2019, 01:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 3 2019, 10:26 AM

"Lending growth is going to be really hard to generate and we don’t see that changing for quite a while."
"More people are getting into hardship. More people are getting behind on their loans."
Shayne Elliot, CEO, ANZ Bank Ltd

"The rates of growth are not stellar, and obviously with interest margin pressure it’s hard to get more than a handful of percentage points of revenue growth. But I haven’t given up on growth, I think the economy is continuing to grow."
Phil Chronican, CEO, NAB
- the index is under pressure; individual stocks and some sectors performing strongly.... and so the reweight goes on!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: May 3 2019, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

Australia's Huge Stock Rally Faces a Rude Awakening

Promises of easy monetary policy have sent Australia’s stocks soaring to the highest in more than a decade. But there’s a speed bump: Soft profit growth.

The benchmark S&P/ASX 200 Index has eluded a weakening economy and a deepening housing slump to soar near levels not seen since before the global financial crisis. Speculation that the Reserve Bank of Australia will cut interest rates has helped drive the gauge up more than 12 percent this year, but results from Australia’s biggest banks and third-quarter trading updates could cause the nation’s stocks to sputter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...nd=premium-asia
==============

TA AND FA just not on the same page..... i'm really confused atm.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Apr 29 2019, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 28 2019, 06:37 PM

thanks nipper.
i did little dig while i'm in shanghai. aging problem are the problem for the whole world , but in china it is worse than others because of one child policy they use to have, now it start to bites chinese hard.
economy there isn't in good shape , but i went to a lot restaurants, they all seems doing ok. that means people still doing ok. everyone seems focus on "trade war" and think it will have good ending{ not sure why they are so confident}. they seems over confident for themselves . chinese Govt. still has iron grips on properties for the tie1 cities---try to put lid on the bubbly price.
they also try to push people to invest in stock market that give chinese economy a little boost . not sure it will work or not?? unsure.gif

come back to aussie market
asx200 looks gonna keeps going up for the wrong reason-----aussie dollar dropped. wink.gif other than that i don't see any reason for asx200 to hit all time high. but the TA looks that way.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Apr 28 2019, 06:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Apr 28 2019, 05:04 PM

- the Federal Reserve’s policy backflip might affect market sentiment
- potential flow-on effect of any inflationary signs in the US (but not yet?) .... In fact, it's all in the other direction right now:
In what was a short week in Australia, the S&P/ASX All Ordinaries Accumulation Index was led by the US market, rallying to an 11-year high and closing up 1.9% for the week.

On Wednesday, the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) announced that inflation rose at a lower than expected rate of 1.3% through the year to the March quarter 2019. After the weak inflation figure was released, the US dollar rose against the Australian dollar to the highest level since January.

The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has previously acknowledged continued low inflation is a key condition to cutting interest rates. Thus far, three of the big four banks have predicted the RBA will reduce interest rates.

The week ahead : there are four key purchasing managers' index (PMI) releases next week
- Cyclical resources; doing well (but cyclical)
- and: there's an election in 3 weeks time

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 28 2019, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

Hard gig, eb. A path we all must take.

家庭是一切. (I hope I got that right)

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Apr 28 2019, 05:04 PM
  Quote Post

just got back from shanghai----nearly two moths with my sick mum who lives in a rehab center with all these oldies sickness---sadness.

looks not many trading index or to share the infos here.
i hope someone readers can feed me little bit....

early birds
post Posted: Feb 16 2019, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/stocks-trum...s-in-focus.html

deal ??? nothing has been done yet. market jumped up for "hopes"

oh well, my shorts for index been crushed last night, all stopped out!! weirdsmiley.gif
such is life, have to admit my wrong analysis by take loss!

not sure where asx200 will go next monday.??? unsure.gif

early birds
post Posted: Feb 15 2019, 08:25 AM
  Quote Post

it is Friday, and most of the market been rallying all week till last night.

so we might see out right selling today for most of the major market.

take care for the traders today!!

1567 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING