Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1565 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
early birds
post Posted: May 14 2019, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 14 2019, 10:53 AM

tongue.gif
i can see how quiet those "chating sites" are when market drops big time.
it is good chance for investors like you nipper whom have supper longer term view.

for traders like me

asx200 have to hold 6175ish for short term [use 1 hour candles]. if not, then look down for short term.

spx 2788 is the key for bulls and bears to fight out for tonight.

keep eye on the news and market reaction, it is time for traders have a good focus and make few bucks here and there imho.

nipper
post Posted: May 14 2019, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 14 2019, 10:32 AM

...it is normal for market goes up and down.....
Yes, that's something I've observed, eb; and this allows me to mistime the market with alarming regularity, almost predictably so !!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: May 14 2019, 10:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 14 2019, 10:10 AM

it is normal for market goes up and down.
just hope that all the major central banks don't be overly lose this time, because money supply already reach the danger point of "hyper inflation".
if these bankers keep that lose policy for longer, we all will be screwed. and there is no way back.
reminds me how they start first world war. only this time they have nukes......... thumbdown.gif

nipper
post Posted: May 14 2019, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 13 2019, 10:47 PM

Always the way that we have some bad news (realism) to balance the good (optimism)
The US economy [has] been expanding for 10 years. But it’s been at a modest pace and, as yet, none of the factors that traditionally kill off a cyclical upswing in the US — a tightening in credit, wage increases, inflation, over-investment or excessive inventories — is in place.

With inflation staying low, the US central bank has taken increases in the cash rate off the table, at least for the next six months and maybe longer. Monetary policy in China is again more accommodative.

The main indexes of US and Australian shares are selling on lagging price-earning multiples of about 20 times and 16 times, respectively. They’re expensive but not tightly stretched. And, relative to bond yields, average dividend yields and earnings yields look not only attractive, but comfortable....
... ASX down 70 pts, on the tariff news, no doubt

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: May 13 2019, 10:47 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...ods-from-june-1

China says it will raise tariffs on part of $60 billion worth of U.S. goods from June 1, Bloomberg News reports. Some 2,493 goods will see levies raised to 25%, according to a statement on the Chinese government’s website.

==================

now we can expecting a full on trade war DO WE??????? devilsmiley.gif

keep fighting, it is good to everyone. lmaosmiley.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: May 11 2019, 11:07 AM
  Quote Post

U.S. Gives China a Month for Trade Deal as Talks Stay Deadlocked

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...stay-deadlocked
===========================================

on wall street ---they say " trump's tweet is worse than inside trading" i kinda agree with them. .......... lmaosmiley.gif .......... hay!! where is FBI???

====================

.... lmaosmiley.gif ........ WTF

we can through all the TA--FA , whatever A;s out of windows. just look at trumoie's tweeters. thumbdown.gif

early birds
post Posted: May 9 2019, 09:18 PM
  Quote Post

Friday tomorrow-----last date of trade talks between US and China

don't hold large position to it. long or short.
next Monday we will know all about it do we???? lmaosmiley.gif
on wall street ---they say " trump's tweet is worse than inside trading" i kinda agree with them. .......... lmaosmiley.gif .......... hay!! where is FBI???

early birds
post Posted: May 6 2019, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

morning guys

i always worried about this could happen, and i this is what i wake up to this morning
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/05/traders-bra...iff-threat.html

but from TA point of view there isn't end of world yet.
if bulls can hold s&p500 at 2870ish, then uptrend still intact for short term. if it gives away, then look down imho.

for our market asx200 would be nasty today i guess

nipper
post Posted: May 3 2019, 01:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 3 2019, 10:26 AM

"Lending growth is going to be really hard to generate and we don’t see that changing for quite a while."
"More people are getting into hardship. More people are getting behind on their loans."
Shayne Elliot, CEO, ANZ Bank Ltd

"The rates of growth are not stellar, and obviously with interest margin pressure it’s hard to get more than a handful of percentage points of revenue growth. But I haven’t given up on growth, I think the economy is continuing to grow."
Phil Chronican, CEO, NAB
- the index is under pressure; individual stocks and some sectors performing strongly.... and so the reweight goes on!

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: May 3 2019, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

Australia's Huge Stock Rally Faces a Rude Awakening

Promises of easy monetary policy have sent Australia’s stocks soaring to the highest in more than a decade. But there’s a speed bump: Soft profit growth.

The benchmark S&P/ASX 200 Index has eluded a weakening economy and a deepening housing slump to soar near levels not seen since before the global financial crisis. Speculation that the Reserve Bank of Australia will cut interest rates has helped drive the gauge up more than 12 percent this year, but results from Australia’s biggest banks and third-quarter trading updates could cause the nation’s stocks to sputter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...nd=premium-asia
==============

TA AND FA just not on the same page..... i'm really confused atm.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

1565 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING