Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4994 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
johnnytech
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 09:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: IntiRaymi's post @ Oct 14 2019, 07:17 PM

I have a post around Sept 2018 that dealt with soccer teams and his share holdings value. Breaking down teams into tier 1-3. His home town favorite is tier 2 (but just finished their best year ever). I also built in taxes and luxury living style. I'm going on memory but I came up with 180+ as a strike price for an upper tier 2 team. Valuations were based on a blog article that talked about this exact thing, how much would it take to buy soccer teams. Please refer to my post history Aug/Sept 2018 for more details. (It radically accelerated at the top. He would need 700+ strike price to buy a top 5 tier 1).

Said 'Thanks' for this post: scipio79  IntiRaymi  

IntiRaymi
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 07:17 PM
  Quote Post

How much does our CEO need the share price to reach to buy his football team?

I wonder if a prospective buyer would be able to offer that at this stage and also if PW would be even willing to sell Clinuvel now. Could be that the success of this company is now his life’s focus more so than owning a club

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  

PortugueseMan
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 05:58 PM
  Quote Post

I trade through my bank, which uses the Interactive Brokers platform. Every now and then, the platform releases a Reuters report on CUV. This last one was made available yesterday.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Reuters_Stock_Report_Plus_CUV.pdf ( 289.76K ) Number of downloads: 395

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Frogster  garthyd  IntiRaymi  scipio79  BIG BLUE NATION  xlnja  gerritbakker57  hibchibbler  Kalaz  Doogieson  

Farleap11
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 04:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Frogster's post @ Oct 14 2019, 07:23 AM

“The company has achieved a tremendous milestone with FDA approval. They really have and I congratulate them for this, especially for their determination to get there, but the fact that extreme caution in communication was demonstrated by the way they ran the conference call. The approach of picking which questions they would respond to (the responses we're always answers in my opinion) smacked of this. They didn't need to do this. There were loads more questions that they just ignored.

I think it's simply the case that the cautious approach is their M.O. I can't see why PW would change this. He has never "pumped up the tyres" of any indication, and I don't think he ever will. I'm sure we'll get updated with milestones as they get ticked off - whether on time or delayed - but PW will never hype things. Having come to this realisation, I think I'd worry if he ever did. He's going to leave hyping things up to the likes of us……….”

It is worth going back to the communique issued by the CUV Chair Stan McLiesh dated 24 April 2019 when he reflected on his experiences with CUV over the years since first joining the Epitan Board of Directors in 2002. He made reference to the, “…quite different strategy that had been followed to obtain US regulatory clearance for the molecule now known as afamelanotide.” However, the sections of his release that I think underscore Frogster’s observations referred to above, read as follows:

“It was only after the Board had voted in favour of the current CEO and Dr Agersborg as CSO in late 2005 that a meaningful medical application for the drug would be found and a rigorous strategy developed. The chief executive set out to radically change the management and Board, whereby CSO Dr Wright and CFO Mr Keamy became pivotal executive managers………………………………….
“It was the current CEO who came up with a detailed (but unconventional) plan to capitalise the business in a most efficient and anti-dilutive manner which would enable the Company to reach today’s valuation. His unflinching conviction and energy to defy all critics and non-believers was needed to overturn two previous decades of a company floundering and not taking advantage of its technology and intellectual property. ………………………. As it has evolved, the realisation of Dr Wolgen’s early vision for the Company long-term has been with enormous success. ………”

So yes, Frogster and to all other contributors to this site, I agree that we as shareholders, have a lot to be thankful for, not the least being the Board and management team’s preparedness to adopt and have the courage to see through on the CEO’s so called “unconventional” plan. As you rightly say, the company has achieved a tremendous milestone.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Clinhope  Frogster  juxtaposer  Alaaf  

qpr
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 04:01 PM
  Quote Post

Sorry meant chartists

qpr
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 04:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frootloops's post @ Oct 14 2019, 03:39 PM

Chartits and witchcraft the same imposter

Featured Stock Stories

frootloops
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 03:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Verharven's post @ Oct 14 2019, 02:53 PM

Many people on here are fixated with the shorters. Maybe they're right. I was surprised that no one had even mentioned the
huge gap. Just think it's prudent to consider other possibilities. We'll have a clearer picture by month end.

LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

I think the SP is doing good. It looks like most of the slide is likely behind us. It is expected after a huge runup to have some downdrift. Existing long-time holders take some profits to give room for new energetic holders. That is the nature of the market. Give it some time to consolidate around this range.

I expect it to be over $40s AUD in a month or so.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: the near future  

seeva222
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: qpr's post @ Oct 14 2019, 10:27 AM

Because they short spikes which inevitably run out of gas and in doing so drive the market down until enough buy volume comes back in. At least that’s his I understand it

Verharven
post Posted: Oct 14 2019, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frootloops's post @ Oct 14 2019, 02:39 PM

But charting doesn't tell you if there was a legitimate reason for the gap in the first place - a binary event of FDA approval causing a major SP spike is a major rerating event of this company

Said 'Thanks' for this post: LevelHeaded2000  

4994 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING