Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
early birds
post Posted: Today, 11:04 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/melbourne/le...ons/ar-BB16mPun

now , i understand as why Pauline Hanson is so popular in aussie....
facts and common senses is rare thing these days, and she is the daredevil .....................tip my hat off to her, even i don't like her!!

early birds
post Posted: Yesterday, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/genomi...ria/ar-BB16l6S4

“super spreader” of Covid-19 as a source for many new infections across Melbourne’s north and west.

===========================

should be find curer meds really soon . weirdsmiley.gif

early birds
post Posted: Jul 4 2020, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 4 2020, 10:48 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/th...own/ar-BB16iFYQ

Thousands refuse testing despite hotspot lockdown

================================

if you are right [ i think you are]. this is another media try to create "human bite dog" headline.
but Vic is in bad shape atm. i heard hotel quarantiners had sex with hotel workers in Vic eg.... story goes on
not sure it is true or false anymore these days.

better shut my eyes and try to look after the close one !! sadsmiley02.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jul 4 2020, 10:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 3 2020, 11:19 PM

there is a bit of media boosting in those numbers. Drilling down, quite a few of the so called refusals were people declining because they had been tested elsewhere, in the previous few days.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good headline

Ditto in Rozelle and Balmain yesterday. Queues of cars with perfectly healthy people wanting to be tested. Why? For what point? Maintain distance, do not cough on others, go home if sick (and then get tested)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Jul 3 2020, 11:19 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/manato...20200703-p558qa

We have seen some media reports in other parts of the country where people have refused to take the test ... It is compulsory and we have 100 per cent compliance with testing."

===================

why??? unsure.gif
seems plenty of selfish irresponible peoples out there.. cool.gif

------------------
Coronavirus: 'I'm all for masks,' says Trump in change of tone

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53258792

---------------------------------------------

everyone is an expert these days, not just trumpies wink.gif

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 3 2020, 08:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 3 2020, 05:55 PM

Yea, but remember, there is Flu, then there is MANFLU.
They don't do lab test for MANFLU cos its so dangerous.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Jul 3 2020, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

Data from the Australian Government Department of Health shows that in 2020, Australia began with relatively high flu rates. We had 6,974 laboratory-confirmed flu cases in January and 7,167 in February. However, cases have since taken a nosedive, with 5,891 recorded in March and only 307 in April (compared with 18,691 cases in April 2019).
“We were getting a surge [of flu cases] in January/February, then we instituted… social distancing and reminders about good handwashing. To a lesser extent, the decrease in international travel has been important, too,” says Professor Robert Booy, Senior Professorial Fellow at the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance. “So come March/April, the flu incidence just plummeted… and that’s because people aren’t close to each other, they’re not coughing on each other, they’re not hugging each other.”

....but who's ever had lab confirmation of flu?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rlane  henrietta  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 2 2020, 09:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 2 2020, 07:48 PM

Why o why do we still have international travellers coming in to oz?.
Is it too hard to close the international borders?
I shakes me head in wonder.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

henrietta
post Posted: Jul 2 2020, 08:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 2 2020, 07:48 PM

Strewth nipper, that's a bit close for comfort.

I'm beginning to wonder if our Qld borders will be closed up again ...... what a pain.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

nipper
post Posted: Jul 2 2020, 07:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 2 2020, 05:19 PM

Absolutely amazing, the change in the suburb. High street almost empty, shops quiet, people stepping away if you meet on the footpath. My neighbour turned up at noon; as soon as the news spread; he was sent home from his office.

Amazing what Item #1 on the news will do, to focus minds. Everyone becomes an expert.

This Covid is a waiting game. Be sensible and don't be silly.

--------------------

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING