Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RRL, REGIS RESOURCES LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2016, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

Regis Resources has more than doubled its annual dividend, after revenue rose due to higher gold prices and management repaid all outstanding debt. Regis said its annual net profit rose 29 per cent to $111.8 million, from $86.9 million a year ago. The result also reflected a 6.7 per cent on-year fall in all-in costs at its flagship Duketon operation to $927 a troy ounce of gold.

Directors declared a final dividend of nine cents a share. That brought the Perth-based company's full-year dividend to 13 cents a share, up from six cents in the 2015 financial year.

"The robust cash operating margin has seen cash on the balance sheet build and has underpinned the payment of 13 cents per share in dividends for the year," managing director Mark Clark said. "It is also exciting that our organic growth strategies are delivering opportunities to increase reserves and a higher medium term production outlook."

Regis said its cash and gold bullion holdings rose to $122.3 million at the end of June, from $64.5 million a year earlier. The increase was achieved even as management repaid $20 million of bank debt and made $50 million in dividend payments.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

BullandPull
post Posted: Aug 7 2014, 08:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Aug 7 2014, 01:54 PM

Absolutely true, and you are very right, at the moment there are better gold miners! But, i think, and basing this on the temporary nature of the underlying problem(the flooding) and RRL's reputation as a very profitable and durable gold miner, that it will climb back up and recover. That is all. Things do look bleak at the moment, and it is reflected in the stock price. But i think this is an issue that will blow over within the year. You are right there is some risk there, but i think it is somewhat well reasoned, and good chance of reward in the intermediate term(half a year to a year).

flower
post Posted: Aug 7 2014, 01:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BullandPull's post @ Aug 7 2014, 12:37 PM

Looks cheap at the moment because of a drop due to temporary flooding in its mines, however even given the flooding first quarter figures were not negative. It is a gold miner and gold prices are high and expected to remain so. Gold over time increases without fault. They have recently finished repairs and safety measures to prevent any other flooding, so perfect time to buy at a bargain with a low P/E

Unfortunately the bare chart looks like this for some very good reasons:

RRL didn't have a good last Q burning nearly $A35m
It may even get a resource downgrade this Q
RRL did say that there is a potential for some major write downs amounting to around $A250m
RRL had only $6m in cash at Qtrs end
As far as I can see RRL does not publish it's all inclusive production costs, which is now standard industry practice

So, all in all, put simply there are better gold producers--IMO, and the chart proves the point.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

BullandPull
post Posted: Aug 7 2014, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

Looks cheap at the moment because of a drop due to temporary flooding in its mines, however even given the flooding first quarter figures were not negative. It is a gold miner and gold prices are high and expected to remain so. Gold over time increases without fault. They have recently finished repairs and safety measures to prevent any other flooding, so perfect time to buy at a bargain with a low P/E!

DISCLAIMER: Don't just invest on my word, check for yourself of course.

PeterH
post Posted: Jul 14 2014, 03:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Jun 18 2014, 10:54 AM

I guess we are both sorry you sold Wren. Call me crazy but I reckon they are good buying even at to-day's price. Just one opinion, of course.

There has been a lot of very poor quality comment on this stock by market commentators, brokers, etc. Times like this you really have to trust your own judgement and stick to it.

wren
post Posted: Jun 18 2014, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Jun 12 2014, 11:25 AM

Just sold at $1.495.So,about 6 cents per share profit in 5 days.Had a few,so an OK result.

wren
post Posted: Jun 16 2014, 12:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Jun 12 2014, 11:25 AM

This is going ok today as are most though not all Goldies.Many Gold stocks have charts which are now appearing favourable.Every dog etc...

wren
post Posted: Jun 12 2014, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ May 30 2014, 03:11 PM

Since a Director chipped in $1,500,000 a week or so ago,paying $1.50 a share been keeping an eye on RRL.A couple of momentum indicators are showing some divergences.Early signs,and not highly reliable however worth a punt imo,and will scale up if it goes my way.Paid $1.43 per share.

PeterH
post Posted: May 31 2014, 09:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ May 30 2014, 03:11 PM

An interesting write-up in to-day's Comsec Research Wrap on RRL Wren. It seems to have been written by someone who is yet to begin learning about the mining industry. The casual reader, without any background, might be forgiven for understanding it to mean that the gold that was proven to be in place and was being very profitably mined before the mine was flooded in a downpour earlier this year might no longer be there after the water is pumped out.

That part of the world gets about 10 cm of rain a year. This time it got that much in one morning. I am happy to wait because the only difference between now and full restoration of operations is the passing of time. One would have thought this a simple concept to grasp. WB tells us time and again that patience is the strength of the small investor. It is something the institutions cannot afford.

Nothing I have seen written since and about the disaster has taken any account of the management of this company. I have watched these guys for years and they are the best in the business with a fantastic record of quietly overdelivering.

Of course any comment on this or any goldie is subject to the vagaries of the POG

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wren  

wren
post Posted: May 30 2014, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

Here is something not commonly seen.A Director just bought $1.5 million of stock using his own cash.If I was a GoldBug..which I'm not,would take that purchase as a serious hint.

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING