Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PMP, PMP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Oct 28 2016, 05:54 PM
  Quote Post

On Friday, commercial printing company PMP Limited (PMP) announced it will merge with privately owned print and digital services provider IPMG Group. PMP Limited will acquire 100% of IPMG and issue new PMP shares to existing IPMG shareholders.

Combined, IPMG shareholders will then hold a maximum 37% interest in PMP Limited. The merger is expected to deliver approximately $40 million of synergies across the combined group.

Shares in PMP soared following the announcement and closed up 34.9% for the week

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

tissel
post Posted: Oct 9 2013, 05:04 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all has anybody got any up to date info on pmp May be interested in there 4year bonds

highwire
post Posted: Nov 10 2009, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Nov 6 2009, 11:20 AM

ok, a quick read of the AGM presentations.

- ahead of budget for EBIT
- small final dividend
- 70% of transformation initiative complete
- full impact of costs cutting, restructuring etc will take until mid 2010
- strong cash generation following this

I guess it reads to me like "some delivery of results and optimistic for next year" but a lot of promise needs to be delivered.

highwire
post Posted: Nov 6 2009, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Nov 6 2009, 11:20 AM

Thats reassuring. I like PMP for short term improvement hoping the AGM guidance will be good (next Tuesday so will know soon). I still have a small holding in SGN, still well up but not as much as I was. Wish I had sold earlier then bought back in at current levels!

hungry
post Posted: Nov 6 2009, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: highwire's post @ Nov 6 2009, 07:48 AM

Hi Highwire
The failure to break down through the triangle shows rejection of the bearish patt, which is very bullish. I bailed from my short when the follow through wasn't forthcoming.
Haven't gone long, though I wish I had laugh.gif Too late for an entry here for me. Good luck with it.
I have been short SGN, but out now & waiting to see if it bounces with the other media stocks.
Cheers

highwire
post Posted: Nov 6 2009, 07:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Oct 29 2009, 05:41 PM

my bad hungry,

a bit slow getting back, a lot going on.

I had in mind I made money from following you into PMP but when I went back, it was actually SGN. I went into PMP first after being cashed up after 2 takeover offers (AAH and PLI). I then saw your posts on PMP and looked at your posts on SGN. I made good money on SGN based on your posts and keep an eye on stocks you mention. I now remember I found PMP by following a large contrarian investor I respect, Orbis (also VPG which they backed heavily). Made 50% in a few weeks and I think you did well from memory.

I don't know much about technical analysis but always try and pay attention since I find good chartists often pick when something is happening. Does the short term rise in the sp change your view or is it just a blip? I am up nearly 10% in a few days and am inclined to hold on for more. Not many stock are up over the last few days so seems strong, at whcih stage would you become bullish again.

Featured Stock Stories

hungry
post Posted: Oct 29 2009, 05:41 PM
  Quote Post

If you ignore the intraday move on the candle of the 2/10, then PMP matches the pattern explained below almost exactly. A descending triangle within a downtrend.
Cheers

http://www.leavittbrothers.com/education/c...gle_bearish.cfm

highwire
post Posted: Oct 29 2009, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Oct 29 2009, 10:25 AM

actually hungry it was an earlier post that put me onto it, i now like for fundamentals and recovery in the long term but had sold to take profit and was looking to get back in so recent weakness got me back in. i hope the recent chart is wrong! buy happy to get more if drop more.

terrine
post Posted: Oct 29 2009, 03:46 PM
  Quote Post

...it will be interesting to see which way it goes then.
traded on or above its previous close all day in a market down 2.4% at close.

hungry
post Posted: Oct 29 2009, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: highwire's post @ Oct 29 2009, 10:12 AM

Hi Highwire
Sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I am currently "short" on this speculating on a break to the downside.
If it gets sold down to close below the 60c level, it could go to 50c or lower.
I can't see why it would rally while the market is falling heavily around it.
Lot's of media stocks have already started their moves down & I this one might be right behind them. I'm currently short on SGN & several others also.
Cheers

PS It's not me making you money, your the one pulling the trigger

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING