Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BGF, BALLARAT GOLDFIELDS NL
abner29
post Posted: Feb 12 2007, 02:32 PM
  Quote Post

Overwhelming support for combination with Lihir. Perhaps a new dawning for both. Hope so!!!
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/80eb2604983b92...-BGF-270199.pdf

falko
post Posted: Feb 12 2007, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

The capper seems to have pulled the lid off BGF this morning, this could lead to a bit of a flurry here.

falko

--------------------
Happiness now, is knowing, understanding and accepting your path to the future even as we travell that path at the very moment.
Falko.

youngneil
post Posted: Feb 6 2007, 10:09 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: abner29 on Monday 05/02/07 01:51pm

hi abner29

regretfully i had to sell out of BGF for a quick 12%profit and also to cover my cost for INL yesterday sad.gif

i wish i could have kept BGF but only other thing i was comfortable selling was SRZ (which unfort i'm sitting on a loss).

good luck with this investment (if you're still in).

for the record i got recommended this stock from same person who gave me GVM at 26c in sept06. of course i did not buy. so i have little doubt this one will do well. maybe my name off the registry is all BGF needs to release the handbrakes tongue.gif

regards

youngneil

abner29
post Posted: Feb 5 2007, 01:51 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: youngneil on Monday 05/02/07 12:01pm

It's all just more of the same. The big houses are sitting there sopping up shares available for sale. Part of the methodology, of course, is to make it appear that nothing is happening overall so they feed out small blocks on down ticks while waiting for the sell side to build so they can pick them off. No doubt it's Lihir the end buyer using the intermediary of one or more investment banks. It's either this or other big traders are doing arbitrage between Lihir and Ballarat for the pennies they can book by buying BGH at one price and selling LHG for the equivalent of a half cent or penny positive spread. We can't do this because we have to pay commissions, plus, the market makers are the ones doing this so they'd never let us participate.
Bottom line, this merger should be good for all concerned. Lihir can benefit from the orebody and exploration potential in a politically stable mining friendly area. Ballarat will benefit from Lihirs deep pockets finances and experienced management. We BGH shareholders benefit from a firm step up in overall quality and better expectation of steady and improving earnings.
One concern I have is that the Lihir management exercise better judgement re their hedging practices. Seems to me they have a too conservative attitude about the price of gold and are limiting the profit potential of production.

youngneil
post Posted: Feb 5 2007, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

hi abner29

despite being sold down on open. massive volumes are willing to pick up shares at 28.5c

your thoughts?

regards

youngneil

youngneil
post Posted: Feb 2 2007, 07:46 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: abner29 on Friday 02/02/07 01:07am

excellent post abner29 king.gif

explains alot if that is the case.

the POG is also looking very good and LHG looks like its about to do a runner (tho it always seems to threaten the market with one, then tanks soon after).

lets hope LHG can do it this time $3.20 breakout and we could be away. so at this stage BGF looks very attractive as leverage.

i do like win win scenarios cool.gif

regards

youngneil

abner29
post Posted: Feb 2 2007, 01:07 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: youngneil on Thursday 01/02/07 05:55pm

Youngneil: I suspect that you are 100% correct in suspecting manipulation. The buying investment banker (no doubt an ASX member) is an active and consistent player with a substantial bias on the buy side of Ballarat. The idea is to acquire as many shares as possible below the exchange value of the Lihir shares offered in exchange on the merger. Looking for independent strength in BGF from here on would only come from a higher bidder. At this late date, most unlikely. Our fate is sealed in this deal. We'll get our five shares of Lihir for our 54 shares of Ballarat. The hope is that Lihir continues to attract attention and its share price rises, which will take us along for the ride. This merger looks like a win-win to me. Lihir has always carried the baggage of possible political problems added to the hazard of Mother Nature potentially disrupting sensitive Lihir Island. A large and potentially promising property like Ballarat in a politically stable area needing proper funding to realize its potential makes a good fit for Lihir.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: youngneil  

youngneil
post Posted: Feb 1 2007, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: abner29 on Thursday 01/02/07 02:40pm

thanks for the insight abner29. you learn something new everyday graduated.gif

i wonder if the investment banker is from here or overseas. the buying is very encouraging and i sense a bit of manipulation too. the SP seems to always close in the middle of its highs and lows. maybe its just paranoid old me.

t/a wise we could be in business if 30c is breached in the next couple days. after that who knows.

regards

youngneil

abner29
post Posted: Feb 1 2007, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

Experience from PSV deal with Leviathon, doesn't the buyer(Lihir)engage investment banker to acquire shares of the target to insure the deal being consumated? Also, save a few bucks on the shares being bought? I think we have to assume that Lihir has done its due diligence on the BGF property and it has to be a viable deal or it wouldn't be done, in the judgement of the LHR geologists and engineers. BGF holders ending up with much stronger gold miner. cool.gif

youngneil
post Posted: Feb 1 2007, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

imo this one is ok. tho i only got on recently due advice from a friend. i did my research and decided to jump on board.

as i type this BGF is worth 3.16 * 5 / 54 = 29.26c

one would think this is the reason for BGF rise of late

however i doubt it for two reasons:

1. the buys have been big buys with 1mill shares very common
2. jp morgan bought alot on market and i doubt they would be doing it to get LHG shares

as for sabretooth nc tongue.gif

regards

youngneil

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING