Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

55 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BSM, BASS METALS LTD
nipper
post Posted: Dec 16 2019, 08:21 AM
  Quote Post

Madagascar graphite now.

Looking for money, a Capital Note doing the rounds.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 16 2018, 10:37 PM
  Quote Post

Something on Hellyer in this article
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-16/h...ailings/9998764
.... With the usual brave forecasts of revenue and jobs

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

veeone
post Posted: Feb 7 2013, 01:02 PM
  Quote Post

Dang it missed this today!! UP 40% high volume!! Whats got it moving after the news last week and high volume??
Slow reaction by market or something else now in the wind?? V1

Sure to flag a please explain from the ASX.

mme
post Posted: Jan 30 2013, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Jan 30 2013, 11:34 AM

Don't know and don't know have experienced Ivy Resources are? What's this the third or fourth attempt in recent times! biggrin.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

veeone
post Posted: Jan 30 2013, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Jan 30 2013, 09:27 AM

Private Company i believe mme. Just wonder how it will pan out given INL failed getting gold etc out in the past. V1

mme
post Posted: Jan 30 2013, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Sep 3 2012, 03:52 PM

Looks like Hellyer's back on! Can't find anything on Ivy Resources Pty Ltd. biggrin.gif

Featured Stock Stories

veeone
post Posted: Sep 3 2012, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

Trading Halt pending share sale agreement relating to Hellyer Mill operations???? V1

mme
post Posted: May 13 2012, 09:13 AM
  Quote Post

I'm hoping commonsense prevails with the Tarkine issue given the small percentage that miners will make up of this area (apparently around 1%) so that these guys can score jobs with VMS!! biggrin.gif

Interesting the tact the conservationists are using. Tourism angle being exploited and I think well haven't tourists being coming to Tassie already to enjoy this magnificent area. Having said that, imo there is alot of area that is as boring as the provebial that they are trying to tie up. IMO money better spent on VMS than BSM but that's everyone's choice!

From today's Launceston Examiner:

THE bulk of Hellyer mine workers will lose their jobs in the next three weeks as Bass Metals places the operation on care and maintenance.

At that stage, more than 100 workers will have been made redundant, the Australian Workers Union said.

About 80 of the 108 employees left at the site will go at the end of this month, following the 27 workers who lost their jobs in the past month.

A further 20 workers will continue to work on the site to build a pressurised concrete plug, which is expected to take about three weeks.

``Those 20 people are then going to be redeployed to other Mancala projects interstate,'' AWU Tasmanian branch assistant secretary Robert Flanagan said.

``As the union understands it, the company is hoping at some point that they'll be able to sell the mill and that will generate some further money for exploration of new opportunities.''

Bass Metals requested a suspension in trading of its shares on the Australian Securities Exchange in January after becoming concerned about the financial viability of its Tasmanian operations.

More than 100 workers were employed at the North-West mine at that stage.

That included subcontracted companies Mancala and MES, as well as its own employees.

``Mancala is subcontracted by the company to do the underground mining and then the ore is processed through a mill on the surface, which has been subcontracted by Bass Metals to a company called MES and they engage the workforce to do the milling,'' Mr Flanagan said.

Earlier this year, 27 Mancala workers were made redundant as the mine began its wind down.

``Right now, there's a total of about 108 people employed on the site, then what's happening is the milling from what's left of the stockpile will continue for a period of about three weeks.''Late last month, Bass Metals told the ASX that its board and management believed the company had a future focused on highly prospective exploration potential of its ground holding and evaluation of its Hellyer gold project.

melua
post Posted: Apr 15 2012, 09:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Apr 14 2012, 04:04 AM

I see value in this as a listed shell once debt had been paid. I'm confident they will hang in there long enough to eliminate debt.
Then I can see the opportunity to vend in some assets (possibly African). I bought 1M at 2c and another million on Friday at 1c (500,000 across two Hins). This may take time to play out but at 1c, the market cap is low enough to be value IMO......so long as they pay the debt off. That's the risk.

mercury
post Posted: Apr 14 2012, 04:04 AM
  Quote Post

I have had a look at Zinc and Lead inventory (according to Kitco) and it is very very high. With possibly more mines coming onstream
should there be any HINT of rise in price....I don't see much happening without rampant inflation (which is possible). OR
the gold dredge / slurry could be a saviour ... but that isn't going to happen soon.
Any more trouble with water and it is goodbye.

I am kicking myself I didn't sell after the reopening of trading at around 14 cts.

Have sold out at 2.3 cts instead. Fortunately ... didn't have that many shares and what I had were purchased years ago.

Still, a loss is a loss....and the price keeps dropping. IF I knew the company could survive.
Then I might think about buying at these low prices....but I don't, and I won't.

Merc

55 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING