Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

23 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AVO, AVOCA RESOURCES
balance
post Posted: Feb 22 2011, 08:18 AM
  Quote Post

Symbol AVO is now AQG.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

srotherh
post Posted: Sep 9 2010, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Sep 8 2010, 11:32 PM

Flower
I know you trade AVO
Were you in or out

flower
post Posted: Sep 8 2010, 11:32 PM
  Quote Post

http://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/i...E6870GO20100908

Sept 8 (Reuters) - Canadian gold producer Anatolia Minerals Development Ltd (ANO.TO: Quote) agreed to buy Australia's Avoca Resources (AVO.AX: Quote) for C$1.01 billion ($964.7 million) to create an intermediate global gold producer.

The offer represents a premium of about 9 percent to Avoca's Wednesday close of A$3.34 on the Australian Stock Exchange.

Under the deal, each Avoca shareholder will receive 0.4453 common shares of Anatolia for each ordinary share of Avoca held.

The combined company, which will be called Alacer Gold Corp, will have a combined market capitalization of about $2 billion, the companies said. Anatolia and Avoca shareholders will hold about 50 percent each in Alacer Gold.

Each company has agreed to pay a termination fee of A$10 million to the other party.

Perth, Western Australia-based Avoca is a gold mining and exploration company.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happened to come across this in the Kitco site---things look as though they are really heating up in the M&A area.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Jul 15 2010, 07:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 15 2010, 03:29 PM

Hi Mick--this is probably where some close following of affairs fundamental does pay off.

AVO has been an outperformer for some time, and the DIO acqisition was pivotal, in that they got hold of the Jubilee Mill plus resonably high grade stocklpiles, and the Frogs Legs mine, plus a load of cash.

By following reports etc it would have been known that intensive underground drilling was taking place, which culminated in todays announcement of an increase of a 2,9million ounce resource base.

The next catalyst, which could prompt a sell will be the 2010 Q2 report due within 15 days, it will be interesting to see if in fact today was the right time to take profits ahead of that quarterly.

Looking forward AVO aim to become a 400,000 oz per year miner by 2013--so certainly one to follow and trade.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jul 15 2010, 06:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 15 2010, 03:29 PM

Hey Mick,

Don't be too harsh on yourself! We all know that goldies in particular don't follow reason, but emotion.
More to the point, any attempt to try and "anticipate" drilling success or otherwise, is nothing better than gambling.

You have proved time and again that trading the swings by the chart you're getting the best results.
And hasn't AVO been swinging for over a year!

Attached Image

In contrast, AAM has trended up, broken several Fibonacci extensions, till it reached its target at 261.8%.
Exit with a profit and wait for a new setup - if it comes...

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 15 2010, 03:29 PM
  Quote Post

I made the following comment back in November.
AVO has had some fairly big short term swings all year between 1.50's and 1.70's.
I have bought and sold it ten times over, but always kept a core holding.
AVO boomed up over $2.00 again. I have sold 75% of my core holdingat $2.15.
Anytimne it gets below 1.95, I will ad again.

AAM is starting to behave like AVO as well. I have had a long term holding in AAM
that I now carry for free after making buys and sells to get a 10 to 15% gain on the way up.
Sold last lot at 31 that I had bought in at 27.5.
Have speccy buys in at the same price, but would probably be satisfied with 28.5.

Mick

Given the relative performance of AVO and AAM, it should be obvious to anyone that to follow any of my suggestions will more than likely cause you to lose money.
Lesson learnt.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Featured Stock Stories

flower
post Posted: Jul 15 2010, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jun 10 2010, 01:31 PM

AVO announce massive 174% resource increase--that tax long forgotten!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jun 10 2010, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

Following yesterdays two announcements AVO has to be one of the best ASX Gold producers around, except for one unfortunate fact:

Some see AVO as one of the MOST affected ASX resource stocks by K.Rudd's threatened new tax--depending entirely (if it ever comes about) on how or on what basis the tax is levied.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 27 2009, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

AVO has had some fairly big short term swings all year between 1.50's and 1.70's.
I have bought and sold it ten times over, but always kept a core holding.
AVO boomed up over $2.00 again. I have sold 75% of my core holdingat $2.15.
Anytimne it gets below 1.95, I will ad again.

AAM is starting to behave like AVO as well. I have had a long term holding in AAM
that I now carry for free after making buys and sells to get a 10 to 15% gain on the way up.
Sold last lot at 31 that I had bought in at 27.5.
Have speccy buys in at the same price, but would probably be satisfied with 28.5.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

macduffy
post Posted: Sep 5 2009, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Sep 5 2009, 12:30 PM

Yes, AVO run the risk of ending up as a minority shareholder if Ramelius secure the bulk of the remaining Dioro shares.

But with AVO holding 44.85%, I wonder just how real this risk is? And was Dioro really essential to AVO's future or are we missing the wood for the trees in worrying about that?

More questions than answers!

unsure.gif

23 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING