Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SYP, STYLE LIMITED
Barra
post Posted: Oct 29 2009, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Barra's post @ Feb 4 2009, 07:40 AM

Nice return to the market for Style.

Up 250%...mind u it came down a long long way before slipping off the boards for a year!

Barra
post Posted: Feb 4 2009, 07:40 AM
  Quote Post

Another minor debacle..they've lost one of two US distributors becuase they are making a strand woven product in China now. Should be able to shut them down though as they have been successful in defending the Chinese patent before.

At least revenues held up in the 2nd qtr..although working capital requirements increased for reasons they don't explain.

Hanging in the balance and the share price shows it! Need some signs of a slight recovery in building...

theadder
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 09:04 AM
  Quote Post

asx announcement..

Company Update - Latest Patent Development

theadder
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 09:04 AM
  Quote Post

mad.gif

crooky
post Posted: Nov 24 2008, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Barra on Monday 24/11/08 03:08pm

Amazing release it was Barra, turning softwoods into a hard wearing durable flooring with better qualities then hardwood .
This will have a huge impact to the range now, people who were put off by bamboo floors will more readily embrace the timber product.
Haven't heard of any other company to come out with this product so indeed " timber Technology BREAKTROUGH Opens door to Wood flooring Revolution " rings true.
Just hope they can make it thru the market turmoil .

Barra
post Posted: Nov 24 2008, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crooky on Tuesday 18/11/08 06:15pm

Nice announcement today.

TIMBER TECHNOLOGY BREAKTHROUGH OPENS
DOOR TO WOOD FLOORING REVOLUTION
The availability for the first time of timbers from sustainable “softwood” plantations as flooring materials for commercial applications, has received a significant boost following positive test results announced today by Style Limited (ASX: “SYP”).
The environmentally friendly flooring manufacturer said the results enhanced the potential for low density hardwood and pulpwood species ‐ traditionally used for wood chips and paper ‐ to replace tropical hardwoods and artificial surfaces in high‐traffic commercial settings, the most lucrative sector of the global flooring market.
The preliminary tests by Style show that inexpensive, fast‐growing and replenishable timber species can be processed to produce the world’s first commercial wood floors that exceed the strength and durability of their tropical hardwood rivals – potentially saving tropical forests and native hardwood plantations in the process.
The breakthrough has come after Melbourne‐based Style reformulated and trialled its patented “strand‐woven” technology already used successfully in the manufacture of hard‐wearing bamboo floors, to these “softwood” inputs.

Style’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr Peter Torreele, said the first independent tests of its trial strandwoven wood flooring had demonstrated levels of strength, hardness, safety and versatility that matched or exceeded those of traditional hardwoods, as well as laminate, vinyl and other artificial surfaces. lmaosmiley.gif

crooky
post Posted: Nov 18 2008, 06:15 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Barra on Tuesday 18/11/08 12:34pm

See this afternoon , a statement made by SYP that PY and his mate officially withdrew their nominations for positions on the board, yesterday.

SP plunges today , either a unique buying opportunity , or she's headed to the depths.
AGM 28th Nov 08 .

Barra
post Posted: Nov 18 2008, 12:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crooky on Sunday 14/09/08 09:13pm

Hmmmm..how low can this one go ? Glad I mentioned the risk a post or two ago..Man I shoulda sold at 16c!!

My guess is this can only really be Merim dumping ahead of the AGM. I mean would any of the the other substantial holders be prepared to accept a cent ? Someone has certainly been leading the sp downs since it hit 16c not a month ago, I know that because everytime I've been stupid enough to buy a few a sell always appears at the end of the day below what I paid. Unfortunately the message just didn't get through my thick skull!

What I can't figure out is why someone would keep feeding shares out at 1c if for example they've paid over 16c a share - which is about what Merim paid. If the objective was to make sure the share price was virtually zero by the time of the AGM , well that has been achieved and there is no need to sell millions of shares for a song...unless ofcourse the song is a requiem..which could be the case ..

Amazing what a vendetta can do to a person...and equally its amazing what blind stupidity and a pipe dream can do to others.

At least I reckon I'm close to getting myself on a top 20 list for the first time lmaosmiley.gif

crooky
post Posted: Sep 14 2008, 09:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crooky on Wednesday 10/09/08 10:30pm

PY smashed in shareholder voting, 5 to 1.
Let's hope he can take a backward step and let the new management get on with business.

crooky
post Posted: Sep 10 2008, 10:30 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Barra on Wednesday 10/09/08 01:13pm

I see PY even gones on to quote
" that the company has an excellent product range which is made from a renewable resourse and has superior qualities to wood in hardness, fire resistance and expansion and contraction " end quote.

as you say , must have seen value in Style in the first place , a eco friendly , renewable quality product on the go.

In Short , the guy was as he implies deceived , convertible notes not used for a complete 100% fully owned Bamboo plantation by Style.

But as we know this is his major gripe , are we now better off that this didn't proceed due to the one in 50 years snow storm which destroyed the plantation earlier on in the year which will not be able to be used as a resource for another 5 years.

Just keep thinking this guy wants revenge ,
and why did he have a go at Golden Circle those years back , what was his case then ?
Anyhow come Friday we'll see how the shareholders vote.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING