Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

273 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BHP, BHP BILLITON LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2020, 08:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 29 2020, 07:49 PM

(wrong cut and paste ...)
Copper Nickel and Potash. Where BHP is heading. Definitely not coal.

try.... https://www.australianmining.com.au/news/mo...ormula-bhp-ceo/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2020, 07:49 PM
  Quote Post

Copper, Nickel and Potash

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/polit...impression=true

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 21 2020, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

BHP is back in favour with the worlds biggest investor, the massive sovereign wealth fund of Norway.

After two months on an observation list while the fund and its managers examined BHPs exposure to coal, especially thermal or steaming coal (used mostly in power generation), the worlds biggest mining company is now back in favour with the fund revealing an addition to its holding in BHP Plc on Monday.

In what is now probably the largest single portfolio investment in an Australian company, Norways sovereign wealth fund has emerged as the owner of 5.1% of BHP Plcs shares (Thats the London-listed shares in the company).

In a filing to the ASX yesterday before trading opened, Norges Bank, which conducts the buying and selling on behalf of the sovereign wealth fund of Norway said it had lifted its stake from a previous level of 4.06% to 5.1%, or 105,910,183 shares in BHP Plc. At Mondays closing price of $A38.43 for BHP shares that was worth $A4.07 billion.

The stake is more interesting than just a portfolio investment by a massive global investor. The Norwegian fund is the largest investor in equities globally, with stakes in 9,000 companies, and its fund accounts for around 1.5% of all listed companies.

In May though Norges Bank said the fund has decided to quit some companies with stakes in coal mining especially thermal coal. These included BHP rivals, Anglo American, Glencore (the worlds and Australias biggest steaming coal exporter), Sasol of South Africa, AGL, the Australian energy utility, and electricity generator (from coal-fired plants).

Norges Bank said a further group of companies including BHP Group Ltd/BHP Group Plc had been placed on an observation list for further assessment.

In the assessment against the product-based coal criterion, importance shall also be given to forward-looking assessments, including any plans the company may have that will change the level of extraction of coal or coal power capacity relating to thermal coal, and/or increase the income ratio or business share relating to renewable sources, Norges Bank said in May.

In June it indicated it was not a long term owner of its thermal coal assets and has appointed JPMorgan to run the sale of its huge Mount Arthur mine in the NSW Hunter Valley.

That announcement helped put BHP back in the Funds good books.

It is the first time the Norges Bank holding has appeared in either BHP companys top 20 shareholder lists on its own. Previously the 4% holding looks to have been held under a nominee company.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 21 2020, 06:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 21 2020, 06:23 PM

Personally, I own a truckload, mostly bought in 1985 (CGT free smile.gif ). So I won't but I won't sell, either.

I like the fact the company operates in OECD jurisdictions, where rule of law may mean higher costs, but more clarity. It's pretty obvious they want to stay with Tier 1 assets. This can be somewhat limiting. Also, BHP is positioning for new minerals. Copper, Nickel, even potash and limiting coal exposure. Oil n gas, they're getting picky (pity about US shale!!). Meanwhile, iron oil, what a winner.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Jun 21 2020, 06:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 21 2020, 05:36 PM

should investors buy it at current level or wait for it ??? unsure.gif

what do you think nipper??

nipper
post Posted: Jun 21 2020, 05:36 PM
  Quote Post

BHP has increased its nickel footprint in Western Australia with the purchase of a tenement package from Russia's Norilsk Nickel. The deal gives BHP control of the Honeymoon Well project as well as the Albion Downs North and Jericho exploration projects where it previously had a 50 per cent stake alongside MPI Nickel Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Norilsk.

The tenement package is in WA's northern Goldfields and only about 50 kilometres from BHP Nickel West's Mt Keith nickel mine and 100 kilometres from its Leinster nickel concentrator.

Nickel continues to be an essential input into new technologies that will improve the battery storage needed for renewables and electric vehicle manufacturing," BHP Nickel West asset president Eddy Haegel said on Friday. "Consistent with our strategy to invest in future facing commodities, this transaction gives us access to explore and develop these prospective nickel sulphide tenements.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 11 2020, 03:21 PM
  Quote Post

BHP has lost its High Court appeal in a tax case over its controversial Singapore marketing hub, leaving it with a $125 million tax bill.

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 26 2019, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

BHP becomes Ecuador-focused SolGold’s largest shareholder
Cecilia Jamasmie | November 25, 2019
World’s largest miner BHP (ASX, LON, NYSE:BHP) has increased its stake in Australian miner SolGold (LON:SOLG) (TSX:SOLG) to 14.7% from 11.1%, which boosts its exposure to copper, one of the key metals for the world’s green initiatives.

The mining giant said on Monday it had paid 17.1 million pounds ($22 million) to raise its interest in SolGold, a move that makes it the Ecuador-focused company’s top shareholder. Such position was held until today by Australia’s largest gold producer, Newcrest Mining (ASX: NCM).

The deal, which also gives BHP options to purchase another 19.25 million shares by 2024, stipulates that it won’t acquire further shares for two years without SolGold’s consent.

SOLGOLD’S FLAGSHIP PROJECT MAY BECOME ONE OF THE LARGEST COPPER-GOLD PORPHYRY SYSTEMS EVER DISCOVERED.

The rising mine developer has attracted a flurry of interest from big industry actors eager to increase their exposure to copper. The highly conductive metal is in demand for its use in renewable energy and electric vehicles, but big, new deposits are rare.

SolGold’s Cascabel copper-gold project is one of those exceptional finds as it has the potential to become one of the largest copper-gold assets ever discovered with an estimated productive mine-life of 55 years.

read more - https://www.mining.com/bhp-becomes-ecuador-...st-shareholder/

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 14 2019, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

Mike Henry to become BHP Chief Executive Officer, effective 1 January 2020
The Board of BHP today announced that Mike Henry has been appointed Chief
Executive Officer (CEO) of BHP, following a thorough succession process.

Mr Henry will assume the role of CEO and Executive Director effective 1 January
2020, replacing Andrew Mackenzie who will retire as CEO on 31 December 2019.

On Thursday, some BHP insiders privately described Mr Henry as the "boring but smart choice".

"I find Henry very straight, which isn't to my personal liking, but he's one of those super bright hard-working types, and, thankfully, he doesn't need to show you that he's smarter than you. It was not a hard decision for the board."

Mr Henry, 53, will assume the role from January 1. He will receive a base salary of $US1.7 million ($2.5 million), with a potential short-term cash and stock bonus of up to 80 per cent of his base and a long-term incentive of up to 200 per cent, subject to shareholder approval.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/b...114-p53ah2.html
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 26 2019, 01:51 PM
  Quote Post

BHP and Vale’s Samarco licensed to restart operations
Samarco Mineração, a joint venture between Vale and BHP received on Friday its Corrective Operation License (LOC) for its operating activities in the Germano Complex, located in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil.

The license was approved by the Mining Activities Chamber (CMI) of the State Council for Environmental Policy (COPAM). Samarco has now obtained all environmental licenses required to restart its operations.

The news comes four years after a tailings dam burst at Germano in November 2015, killing 19. A torrent of mud and debris was unleashed, polluting local rivers and reaching the Atlantic ocean. The incident has been called the worst environmental disaster in Brazil’s history.

Vale has previously said that it expected production at the joint venture, which is trying to restructure $3.8 billion in debt it defaulted on about a year after the accident, to resume in the second half of 2020.

The mine, which once produced nearly 25 million tonnes of iron ore a year, will restart at an annual rate of less than a third of that, Vale said, with a potential increase to 14 to 16 million within another six years.

(With files from Reuters)

https://www.mining.com/bhp-and-vales-samarc...art-operations/

--------------------

273 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING