Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

GRY, GRYPHON MINERALS LIMITED
rmryan
post Posted: Apr 20 2016, 02:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rmryan's post @ Oct 31 2015, 05:09 PM

this is taking off hold on for the ride punters

rmryan
post Posted: Oct 31 2015, 05:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dr_dazmo's post @ Oct 28 2014, 11:06 AM

time to load up here

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Oct 28 2014, 11:06 AM
  Quote Post

Hi All,
I'm way under water on GRY, but took the opportunity to average down a bit.
Market Cap is currently around $38m, so with almost $30m in cash & a pretty tidy operation expected to start in 2016 (finance pending), I'm hoping there isn't too much downside.

Cheers
Dr_Dazmo

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

mercury
post Posted: Jan 8 2014, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

something definitely going on with GRY. Steady climb gold price or not. Takeover?

mercury
post Posted: Apr 12 2013, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

it has been awhile since visiting this thread. I see it has been a long while.

GRY has some assets. But their SP seems to be stagnant. Of course the price of gold is not a help....but can here be other reasons that we should consider (besides being in West Africa).? After West Africa has a lot of successful miners.

merc

arty
post Posted: Jul 13 2012, 10:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Mar 10 2012, 08:24 PM

Hi Merc,

the chart suggests someone might be accumulating; note the way that the gap was used to reject a tentative breakout.
If the current level were to hold, an upswing could provide a quick 25-30% profit margin - or much more if the gap were filled.

Attached Image

A breakdown below 58c would however spell oblivion.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Featured Stock Stories

zac
post Posted: Jul 13 2012, 10:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Jul 13 2012, 07:46 AM

THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN SELF FUNDING 5 YEARS AGO, BUT THEY HAVE A RESOURCE EXPANSION MANIA.
KEEP DRILLING IN ANOTHER 5 OR 6 YEARS WE MAY GET A TAKEOVER OFFER FROM SOMEBODY??!!

mercury
post Posted: Jul 13 2012, 07:46 AM
  Quote Post

What is the story here from a ShareScene perspective. Just look at that price, and look at the inferred resource. Seems compelling, yet the market is definitely saying something else. Is it just saying...." Hey, these guys are just expanding their exploration portfolio....but don't really seem that interested in producing?"
or is the share price reflecting something else?

Any thoughts on this one besides the chart indicators?

thanks
Merc

arty
post Posted: Mar 10 2012, 08:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Kronos's post @ Mar 10 2012, 07:52 PM

Thanks for the tip, K;

agree that I could've provided a bigger picture. My standard mojo, however, deals with swings in the range of weeks, so daily charts spanning 5-6 months are usually sufficient.
If I want to include the big picture, I switch to a few years with a weekly period, zooming out to "get" a rather complete trading range. For example this one.

Attached Image

That does show GRY still in a downtrend, well below a year-long Bearish MACD Divergence to boot.
Still, the last week is showing increasing volume and price has reversed back and held above centre of the long-time trading range. Note also the 3-year (144-week) EMA line. If price falls below that, all bets are off; if it holds, even the year-old Bear may relent.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Kronos
post Posted: Mar 10 2012, 07:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Mar 10 2012, 12:23 AM

Little tip?

Adjust your chart axes to reflect an equal X Y ratio.

Attached Image

Speaks Volumes!

Given i'm uncertain of your definition for accumulation, there appears to be no case for it. Quarter over quarter for the past 6 months a daily 60day simple MA of volume will reveal nothing tangible. Monthly timeframe, volume has increased -price decreased.

As for the "psychological $1" area please edit your signature if you're prepared to perpetrating a sacred truth . Same could be said for gaps or even a bounce off a long term 50% fibonacci retracement. Perhaps GRY has the potential to bounce off the long term 61.8% Fib retracement .. circa 85 cents. hmm...

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mistagear  

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING