Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

56 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ETRADE Australia, System Status / General Discussion
nipper
post Posted: Apr 12 2016, 08:14 AM
  Quote Post

ANZ is battling to fix "residual issues'' at its online broking business ETrade Australia after an outage yesterday morning prevented 500 clients from trading their positions and they warned they would be seeking compensation.

Customers had discovered problems placing orders. According to an ANZ spokesman the problem was fixed before the local sharemarket opened but left "residual issues'' for some clients who were unable to trade.Users complained of repeated problems placing buy and sell orders. One said the broker would say a company sharemarket code did not exist and would not allow orders to be modified or cancelled.

Hotcopper (wh), in a discussion thread on the online forum, highlighted how the outage prevented some clients from moving on lithium prospect Galaxy Resources as it surged to a three-year high of 34.5c yesterday.

Another user, Juno, wrote: "I was trying to top up this morning but ETrade has been down the entire morning and I still can't even cancel open orders, let alone modify — they have said they will ring me tonight to discuss compensation.''

Aronoff1 said the problems led to forgone profits of a few hundred dollars. "In my case today I missed all the exits I could have taken on Open had ETrade been functioning,'' Aronoff1 wrote.

"And this is just one example on one day. In reality there are endless issues with them. I'd have to say not a week goes by without their bungling something or being down for half a day or something or other else. "They don't care. They are Wealth Destroyers ... it's as simple as that."

Blister complained of missing a trade on another stock after being left on hold for 37 minutes, transferred to another operator and being offered a free order after unleashing "one massive yelling tirade''.

A spokesman said the problems yesterday only affected a small percentage of users.
never get between a trader and his 'sure thing'

. . . . .
and ....
on 23 May 2016, E*TRADE Australia will change its name to Share Investing Limited.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

balance
post Posted: Feb 23 2015, 06:36 AM
  Quote Post

Having trouble with etrade this morning. Very laggy. Anyone else?

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Lorner
post Posted: Jul 8 2014, 08:34 AM
  Quote Post

Is anyone else frustrated by the etrade platform. Charts crash the iress platform and this has been going on since November, and now the my portfolio feature does not have the last traded price more often than not so you cant get your portfolio value outside of trading hours. Also stocks that I have put in there go missing, if I add them again the original holding comes back so then I have to go and delete the extra holding which then fixes the situation. Is there a better trading platform out there. I would like any suggestions as I am thinking of moving. I just dont want to move from bad to worse.

Snowpony
post Posted: Feb 28 2014, 12:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BobE's post @ Feb 28 2014, 12:44 PM

Email them they'll get back to you within 48hrs normally

I think it states somewhere that the portfolio isn't the most accurate figure (eg delayed data) whereas MD is more closer to live data

BobE
post Posted: Feb 28 2014, 12:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Duster's post @ Feb 28 2014, 12:37 PM

Hi Duster,

Etrade's market depth calculates both ASX & CXA simultaneously & indicates which exchange each trade went through.....my problem is,if the market depth is showing 35million,why isnt that showing in the same stock in the portfolio section.

Duster
post Posted: Feb 28 2014, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BobE's post @ Feb 28 2014, 11:38 AM

7mil probably on Chi-X

--------------------
Patience is the key to success.

Featured Stock Stories

BobE
post Posted: Feb 28 2014, 11:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Duster's post @ Feb 28 2014, 11:14 AM

I believe that if the information in etrade market depth is correct,then it should be reflected in my portfolio.

Currently, etrade market depth for TLS is 31.5 million....in the etrade portfolio it is 24.5 million.....that has not been the case to until recently & it is not acceptable to be quoting price & volume with such inaccuracy.

Duster
post Posted: Feb 28 2014, 11:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BobE's post @ Feb 28 2014, 10:45 AM

Maybe you're not taking Chix into consideration ie Australian Merged.

--------------------
Patience is the key to success.

BobE
post Posted: Feb 28 2014, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

For a few weeks now I have been experiencing problems of inaccurate volume & price in my etrade portfolio.....e.g.
TLS my etrade portfolio shows volume at 18 million & price at $5.085

Moving to market depth,shows volume at 21 million & price at $5.09.

Then moving back to my etrade portfolio,shows volume still at 18 million & price still at $5.085.

There have been much wider readings as the trading day gets longer.

I have tried to contact Etrade & get the usual "Due to High demand at this time".....which is short for.....you will grow old & die before we will answer your call.

I am posting this in the hope Etrade monitor internet posts regarding their problems.

balance
post Posted: Jun 6 2012, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jun 5 2012, 05:39 PM

OK cock up sorted.

Anyone who was a HSBC customer ( like me) prior to eturd taking them over will have their accounts closed on 21/6.

BUT if you have taken up a St George CMA with them or a St George margin loan hence severing all ties with HSBC you will be fine.
I no longer have anything with HSBC but was incorrectly notified.

Poorly explained and incorrectly targeted. Suitable spray allocated to customer service with advice to pass onto the wally that &^%#* it up. WOFTAM.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

56 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING